ForumsForum GamesUnique Country RPG

138 32919
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Rules:
1.New players are always welcome.
2.Double check to make sure you completely filled out the nation sheet.
3.If I haven't specified something, you can make it up yourself. But nothing too extreme without my permission. For example, if I say your in a forest, you can say that it's made up of only oak and maple trees. What you cannot do is say that there is a native tribe of cannibals hidden in the trees.
4.If you have questions or feel I've done something wrong, feel free to ask or correct me.
5.I'll overlook how your species could have evolved, but not how they currently exist. For example, I'll allow a ants with lungs which allow them to grow very large, but not a chipmunk that's the size of Mt.Everest and only eats a leaf a day. Unless you have an unbelievably good explanation.
6.No aliens.
7.You can do virtually anything in this, but if you do something really stupid that I don't like, for example start a space program when your in the iron age, I'll probaly say a tornado hits and destroys the program.
8. I may change the rules or the character sheet if they need changing. I probaly won't though if your strongly against it.
This country RPG differs from others because you will not play as humans, and you must play as a different species. This species will still be smart enough to eventually build a civilization though. I'd prefer something unique, like a race of giant owls who worship leaf gods, but if you really want to play as elves I'll probaly allow it.
How this works: You will post an action and I will post a reaction. Then you post another action and I post another reaction. You can interact with other players and I may decide to force you to interact with other players, in-game. For example:
You: I send twenty chipmunk gatherers to get nuts.
Me: Your chipmunk gatherers get you enough food to last your entire village about a month.
Another player: I attack the chipmunk tribe to steal their nuts with my elephant warriors.
Your posts will usually be a few sentences though. Everyone will start in a place similar to England, but the exact geography like locations of rivers and forests can change. Everyone will spread out into neighboring areas after the game gets going. You delete everything in brackets in the nation sheet. Those aren't the only questions you answer though, just examples. The more detail you put in the less I make up for you.
Name of Race: (Owleans? Drakkgihn? What will you choose?)
Your Location: ( Are you in a thick forest? Are you on the coast?)
Hierachy: (Does your race elect a president? Do you have slaves? Do you have elders?)
Military: (Do you have spearman? Is it men only? Do you have one big army or smaller squads?)
Physical Description: (This one is pretty straight forward. But genders may differ.)
Mental Description: (Are your people all geniuses, or are they idiots? Do they have innate respect for each other? Are they warmongers naturally?)
Other Anything that doesn't fall into the other categories.)

• 138 Replies
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

I decided to remove the multiplayer aspect of the game. With it, people who post a lot would have an advantage over people who don't post a lot by advancing their civiliation faster, and I don't want to punish people who post often by making them wait for people who don't have as much free time. There will be still NPC battles eventually. I also added a population stat, which I based off what I feel would be your equivalent of 400 humans. The population status is whether your population is staying the same, growing, or shrinking. It will stay the same most of the time unless you have a descision that you want to keep in effect a long time, there's a war going on, or something major like that.

Name of Race: Rubles
Your Location: A large slightly forested grass land
Hierachy: A form of republic with elected congress who decided many actions by a vote
Military: Smaller armies made up of manly light infantry and archers.
Physical Description: Much like humans slightly taller and pale.
Mental Description: They have slightly advanced intelligence but also have a natural need to compete for everything.
Population: 400
Other: They are skilled archers and hunters

Your scouts return that they have a trained army of currently about fifty men, but there are another one hundred hunters who could could be drafted easily. Your army, also fifty men, appears to have generally better weaponry and training, but your tribes are very similar in training and weaponry making. You, however, have one hundred and fifty hunters to call into battle, as well as another forty men who wouldn't be as much use in battle as they would be outside of it. (People like elders and weapons makers.)

Name of Race: Rychusiors (preying-mantis beings)
Your Location: Large Forest
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Military: One huge army, and lots of spears!
Physical Description: Silver, three horns on head. They average three feet in height.
Mental Description: Respect, yet love war.
Population:600
Population Status: Dropping.
Other: Cannibals! (sometimes)

There are about fifty of your people fishing now, but there aren't able to catch many fish. The only way the can feed themselves with their current technique, and even that's only when they are fishing all day. The fishers are mostly weaker citizens who can't eat the other Rychusiors easily. They aren't very happy with having to fish all day and do nothing else.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Name of Race: Foxlins
Your Location: Open field near forest
Hierachy: 5 Elders lead the people. They themselves pick who will replace them.
Military: One big army of both genders lead by the youngest Elder.
Physical Description: Fox people. Males are 3 feet tall, females 2,5 feet tall. Often Brown fur, but sometimes they are born with red fur.
Mental Description: They are loyal to each other, but dislikes other speices. This makes them keep to themselves most of the time, but not afraid to fight.
Population: 700
Population: Staying the same.
Other: They are very religious, and worship many different gods. They believe the Elders have a special link with the gods.

Recently, the High Priest of the Sun Temple has begun insulting the Earth god by saying that it only exists because of the sun. That the plants that cover it gain energy from the sun, and that the earth gains all it's heat from the sun. Since your people have very little in the way of science (which is how it is supposed to be at this point), these claims appear completely unfounded. As such, the Earth temple has been pushing for the government to enact a heavy fine on the Sun temple. Given the large amount of sway the Earth Temple has on the elders, given that two of them were once monks in one of the temples, the only reason why this fine has not yet been given out is that most of the population mainly worships the Sun God and there could be riots if carried out.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Physical Description: Silver, three horns on head. They average three feet in height.
Population:600

Well my civilization didn't take long to succumb to utter mayhem. I guess I'll try to send more people to fish?

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Population:500

Normally you'd control the king as well, but since you aren't taking the hint that fishing isn't the way to go, and because this is still early in the game, I'm helping you out.

Cannabalism is taking a stronger hold, despite more people turning to fishing. Your people aren't very succesful though. Realising the council is failing, the king decides to take matters into his own hands. He sends a large group of scouts out, all equiped with long spears, to hunt bears. Your people use spears very differently from humans. The is the regular spear, but instead of gripping it like humans they stick their hard blade into the main wood part, and can then use the spear to stab stuff at a long range. The scouts are succesful in taking down the bear, which is defeated by being surrended by so many. The large beast provides enough food to feed many Rychusiors, and is much more effective than fishing. Most people are unaware of how well bear hunting works though, and are still cannibals.

eragonruler
eragonruler
34 posts
Nomad

Hierachy: A form of republic with elected congress who decided many actions by a vote
Mental Description: They have slightly advanced intelligence but also have a natural need to compete for everything.

I call my allied tribes to war with the encroaching tribe and raise all men to the army.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Population:500
Other: Cannibals! (sometimes

I have the council set up posters everywhere that shows the cons of Cannibalism. The posters also show that there is enough bear meat to go around, and that are scouts will be hunting them more and more. I send more scouts out to surround and kill another bear. If I have any scouts left, I send them on a long journey of exploration.

DavidLS
DavidLS
651 posts
Nomad

Physical Description: Fox people. Males are 3 feet tall, females 2,5 feet tall. Often Brown fur, but sometimes they are born with red fur.
Mental Description: They are loyal to each other, but dislikes other speices. This makes them keep to themselves most of the time, but not afraid to fight.
Other: They are very religious, and worship many different gods. They believe the Elders have a special link with the gods.

To mantain peace, the elders send two monks (one from the Earth temple and one from the Sun temple) to explain the importants of keeping peace with the Earth god, but at the same have respect for the Sun god.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Currently, there are no alliances among the tribes. Whenever there is, the two allianced tribes would try to take control of another tribe and suceed, form one large tribe, which then collapses into several smaller tribes. Four tribes at one times is the lowest amount of tribes there ever has been in this general area.
You are in the south, the Bluckshrickes are in the west, the Kribules are in the east, and the Darbkirs are in the north. You are all in roughly the center of the island, and there is a large lake where the point that connect all of your territories would be. The Kribules have offered an alliance with you where they would send twenty trained soldiers to you in exchange for a formal alliance.

All the hunters join your army as militia, raising your army to two hundred. The militia are a lot less efficient in battle then your fifty trained warriors, but they can still fight well. Twenty of your militia guard the border of the Kribules to make sure they do not invade, and the rest of your men are at the border of the Bluckshrickes, making sure there is no more poaching and are ready for battle.

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Population:450
Population Status: Neutral

(You do not use scouts for everything. They are typically used just for learning new information.)
There is some more cannibalism before word gets out how effective bear hunting is. You are unable to put up posters since you do not have paper and do not have a writen langauge, but you do have messengers going around telling people that hunters are catching more bears and that the government has set up shops where you can buy meat for a low price, or you could simply raise a party of men to catch bears yourself. The scouts go on the long journey and are not back yet.

I forgot that you are still pre-bronze age, so you don't really have temples. Instead each major god has a large stone building which is the main place as worship. Each temple has a high priest and five to ten monks.

It does not work, as the sun temple refuses to back down and the earth temple believes that the sun temple should be punished. The repective monks believe the same things as their temple. (When I temple I am talking about all the monks and the high priest who worship that god.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves

I have the council organize a feast that is held for everyone expect the slaves. The feast's main course is Bear.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Name of Race: Drakvianian
Your Location: mountain side, we live in mountain caves. we prefer heat, however it is no matter being that mountain altitude usually makes it colder anyway. each individual dragon lives in a carved area in the mountain cave. its like land of the ompa lompa's in Charlie and the chocolate factory, but in caves.
Hierarchy: we have an elder council, consisting of 5 very old dragons who know much about the lands. they become replaced only when they die.
Military: being a race of dragons, everyone participates in wars. its much like ancient Sparta.
Physical Description: we are all different, most of us are red or purple but some more extravagant colors. nothing is ridiculous like rainbow though.
Mental Description: we are very headstrong. dragons are noble and honorable, we take these qualities. on an IQ basis, we are average, but the elders are extremely smart.
Other: we eat anything meaty. everyone gathers food for themselves, which is simple because we eat pretty much any living thing. we have no natural predators. we have no enemies as of now, but trust me, if a race pisses us off, we will attack. we have no preferences to anything, and luxury means almost nothing to us. we wear armor in battle, but no other time, since we would never need it. (and we wouldn't need it in battle either).

a group of drakvainians attempt to convince the drakzarzians that in reality the forests are dumb places to reside and that they should be content with what they have because it doesnt get better then that.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves

The feast is very succesful, as bear meat is very deliscous. It also raises awareness for how bear is an amazing substitute for Rychusiors meat. The food crisis is solved. Your scouts return reporting that, after travelling east through a large amount of forest, there is a massive lake. None of the scouts could see to the other side, and the water tasted strange. It appears uncrossable, since it quickly gets much too deep to walk across, and the distance is way too far to swim.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Name of Race: Drakvianian
Your Location: mountain side, we live in mountain caves. we prefer heat, however it is no matter being that mountain altitude usually makes it colder anyway. each individual dragon lives in a carved area in the mountain cave. its like land of the ompa lompa's in Charlie and the chocolate factory, but in caves.
Hierarchy: we have an elder council, consisting of 5 very old dragons who know much about the lands. they become replaced only when they die.
Military: being a race of dragons, everyone participates in wars. its much like ancient Sparta.
Physical Description: we are all different, most of us are red or purple but some more extravagant colors. nothing is ridiculous like rainbow though.
Mental Description: we are very headstrong. dragons are noble and honorable, we take these qualities. on an IQ basis, we are average, but the elders are extremely smart.
Population: 80
Other: we eat anything meaty. everyone gathers food for themselves, which is simple because we eat pretty much any living thing. we have no natural predators. we have no enemies as of now, but trust me, if a race pisses us off, we will attack. we have no preferences to anything, and luxury means almost nothing to us. we wear armor in battle, but no other time, since we would never need it. (and we wouldn't need it in battle either).

Your people try to tell the Drakzarzians that the forest is unsuitable for living in, and that the mountains are a much superior habitat, but you fail. Many citizens believe your messengers though, but yet still more people join the drakzarzians. Their population is raised to twenty and yours is reduced to eighty. There have been some rumors of war happening between your two peoples eventually, but with the drakzarzians at such a low population compared to yours no one really believes it. The people closest to the elders have been pushing them to agree with the drakzarzians, since if done in an organized fashion there probaly wouldn't be too much chaos. The elders have not decided yet though, since there could be many unknown problems with changing government the Drakvianians have never encountered before.

eragonruler
eragonruler
34 posts
Nomad

I accept the alliance offer and send word to my new ally that they should prepare for war, I also send one of the elders of my tribe as a ambassador to the bluckshries to tell them to end the madness, I off them a peace offer, they must send me enough food to last the winter and annual any treatys they may have.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves

I have the hunting of the bears continue, and since the country is liking the food, I encourage exploration and expanding of our borders.

DavidLS
DavidLS
651 posts
Nomad

The elders try to call in some monks who worships the Water God, the Fire god and the Wind god to ask for their opinion in this case, and see if they have an suggestion, since they are not a part of this conflict.

Showing 16-30 of 138