ForumsForum GamesUnique Country RPG

138 32792
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Rules:
1.New players are always welcome.
2.Double check to make sure you completely filled out the nation sheet.
3.If I haven't specified something, you can make it up yourself. But nothing too extreme without my permission. For example, if I say your in a forest, you can say that it's made up of only oak and maple trees. What you cannot do is say that there is a native tribe of cannibals hidden in the trees.
4.If you have questions or feel I've done something wrong, feel free to ask or correct me.
5.I'll overlook how your species could have evolved, but not how they currently exist. For example, I'll allow a ants with lungs which allow them to grow very large, but not a chipmunk that's the size of Mt.Everest and only eats a leaf a day. Unless you have an unbelievably good explanation.
6.No aliens.
7.You can do virtually anything in this, but if you do something really stupid that I don't like, for example start a space program when your in the iron age, I'll probaly say a tornado hits and destroys the program.
8. I may change the rules or the character sheet if they need changing. I probaly won't though if your strongly against it.
This country RPG differs from others because you will not play as humans, and you must play as a different species. This species will still be smart enough to eventually build a civilization though. I'd prefer something unique, like a race of giant owls who worship leaf gods, but if you really want to play as elves I'll probaly allow it.
How this works: You will post an action and I will post a reaction. Then you post another action and I post another reaction. You can interact with other players and I may decide to force you to interact with other players, in-game. For example:
You: I send twenty chipmunk gatherers to get nuts.
Me: Your chipmunk gatherers get you enough food to last your entire village about a month.
Another player: I attack the chipmunk tribe to steal their nuts with my elephant warriors.
Your posts will usually be a few sentences though. Everyone will start in a place similar to England, but the exact geography like locations of rivers and forests can change. Everyone will spread out into neighboring areas after the game gets going. You delete everything in brackets in the nation sheet. Those aren't the only questions you answer though, just examples. The more detail you put in the less I make up for you.
Name of Race: (Owleans? Drakkgihn? What will you choose?)
Your Location: ( Are you in a thick forest? Are you on the coast?)
Hierachy: (Does your race elect a president? Do you have slaves? Do you have elders?)
Military: (Do you have spearman? Is it men only? Do you have one big army or smaller squads?)
Physical Description: (This one is pretty straight forward. But genders may differ.)
Mental Description: (Are your people all geniuses, or are they idiots? Do they have innate respect for each other? Are they warmongers naturally?)
Other Anything that doesn't fall into the other categories.)

• 138 Replies
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Everyone, please put how long you want each descision to be in effect. So far I've just made each descision about a week, but then if you have solved all your current problems, then nothing really happens. It can continue to be a week if you want, but it's easier for me if put the duration of each of your turns. I will stop your turn short if you discover something important, like how to smith weapons properly or another sentient species.

Name of Race: Rubles
Your Location: A large slightly forested grass land
Hierachy: A form of republic with elected congress who decided many actions by a vote
Military: Smaller armies made up of manly light infantry and archers.
Physical Description: Much like humans slightly taller and pale.
Mental Description: They have slightly advanced intelligence but also have a natural need to compete for everything.
Other: They are skilled archers and hunters

They Kribules recieve your messenger and send over their soldiers. You also remove fifteen of the soldiers you had guarding the border, reducing the number to five. (You can make it 0 if you want, but then if the Rubles betray you, you will recieve massive losses.) The Bluckshrickes decline your offer, and start the war by ambushing one of your patrols, killing ten of your militia.

Name of Race: Rychusiors (preying-mantis beings)
Your Location: Large Forest
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Military: One huge army, and lots of spears!
Physical Description: Silver, three horns on head. They average three feet in height.
Mental Description: Respect, yet love war.
Population:450
Population Status: Neutral
Other: Cannibals! (sometimes)

Your population, recovered from the lack of food, are recovering well. Your scouts report that they have begun the construction of basic markers (large sticks stuck in the dirt) to mark out your territory. So far you control a forest close to the eastern ocean, and the beach there. There are mountains to the west, a grassy plain to the north, and rocky coast to the south which quickly turns into another forest similar to yours. You don't need any more land though since your population is happy with your current borders, but as your population expands more land would be good.

Name of Race: Foxlins
Your Location: Open field near forest
Hierachy: 5 Elders lead the people. They themselves pick who will replace them.
Military: One big army of both genders lead by the youngest Elder.
Physical Description: Fox people. Males are 3 feet tall, females 2,5 feet tall. Often Brown fur, but sometimes they are born with red fur.
Mental Description: They are loyal to each other, but dislikes other speices. This makes them keep to themselves most of the time, but not afraid to fight.
Population: 700
Population: Staying the same.
Other: They are very religious, and worship many different gods. They believe the Elders have a special link with the gods.

All of the other temples are not nearly as powerful as the Earth and Sun temple, but working together they could change the conflict drastically. They are generally in support of the Earth temple and agree that the sun temple should be fined for randomly saying that the Sun supports all life on Earth. The sun temple, seeing the other temples aligned against, is backing down, but currently you are the deciding vote. The current punishment that the Earth temple believes should happen is that the monks of the Sun temple should clean the public area of the temple, as well as provide thirty dried apples (your peoples main source of food). This is not an overlyharsh punishment, but isn't a light punishment either. You could probaly raise the punishment, lessen it, or actually support the sun temple and say the earth temple is at fault. Depending on how extreme your action is, a way may even break out. You'll probaly gain the support of whichever temple you help for future descisions, but may also make an enemy of whichever temple you disagree with.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Physical Description: Silver, three horns on head. They average three feet in height.

I have the king encourage the bear meat, and discourage cannibalism further. I also send some scouts out in search of a grown food source.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves

Bear meat is the new most common food source of the kingdom. No one is eating other Rychusiors any more, besides for the standard punishment for the worst criminals in which they are eaten. Your scouts return and report that throughout the forest there are several types of berry bushes, there are potatoes, there are carrots, there is squash, there are apples, and there are pears. Your people have known about these foods for a long time, but rarely ate them since the taste is disgusting to them, and it has always been their natural born instinct to hunt anyways. The plants might be able to be stored in case there is ever an emergency with food like the cannablism though.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves

I send out a chunk of scouts to get the plants and preserve them, in case of emergency.

eragonruler
eragonruler
34 posts
Nomad

Hierachy: A form of republic with elected congress who decided many actions by a vote
Mental Description: They have slightly advanced intelligence but also have a natural need to compete for everything.

Rally all my men except the 5 watching my border and march on the bluckshries. However moving slowing and stealth like to see if we can pick off any patrols

DavidLS
DavidLS
651 posts
Nomad

Physical Description: Fox people. Males are 3 feet tall, females 2,5 feet tall. Often Brown fur, but sometimes they are born with red fur.
Mental Description: They are loyal to each other, but dislikes other speices. This makes them keep to themselves most of the time, but not afraid to fight.
Other: They are very religious, and worship many different gods. They believe the Elders have a special link with the gods.

The elders give the punishment that the earth temple suggest, and it have to be done every month, in the next 6 months.
Also, in hope of finding something that can take the attention away from all the troubles in the tribe, they send a group of 10 scouts out in search of new resources and food. It will only be a small trip (if it goes acording to plan).

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves

Your people do not know preservation techniques, as they have never had use for them, but your scouts do return with the plants. They report that the plants seem healthy, but they are absoloutly disgusting and no one would have enjoy eating them at all.

Your people move in groups of ten, and ambush any enemy squads they meet. There have no major battles yet, and losses have been about equal on both sides. Rumor has though through interrogating captured enemies that the Bluckshrickes are preparing a massive attack on your forces in someway, but you don't know what form it will take or if it will even actually happen.

The sun temple is only slightly displeased, realising that if every other temple is aligned against them then they're probaly wrong. The earth is also pleased with you helping them, and will surely help enforce your future descisions.
When your scouts return a couple days later, they report that a short distance away they have found a type of large rabbit, slightly bigger then your people are. You could probaly hunt them, though it might be dangerous given your people's small size. Also discovered were another type of potato which appears to be very common in the same lands as the large rabbits dwell and tastes superb, better than anything your scouts have tried before. They encourage you to allow them to bring the potatoes back and plant them around your homelands.

eragonruler
eragonruler
34 posts
Nomad

I pull my men back to the city and begin building defenses, such as wells and some basic traps etc

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

It takes a couple days to get all of your men to your main city, but you still had time before the major attack. You also called in anyone living outside city boundaries to stay inside until the end of the war. Your men build a basic wall which is unlikely to stop anyone by placing sticks firmly in the ground. The also build pit traps for the enemy to fall into, as well as platforms hidden in the trees. There has been no sign so far though of a major attack being prepared.

eragonruler
eragonruler
34 posts
Nomad

Send two scouts out two see if they are moving troops and continue to build defenses.

DavidLS
DavidLS
651 posts
Nomad

Let the scout get the potatoes. Also, while they are there, let them observe the rabbits from a safe distance to see if they can learn something about them and their habbits.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

The scouts do not return, most likely because they were caught and killed, but your fortifications continue to improve. You have built a great many pit traps around the city, making the only effective route into the city a narrow pathway, giving yourself an excellent choke point in case they return. As well, you have a wall four sticks thick.

Your scouts bring back the potatoes and start planting them, but there still are not many. They will continue to bring back abouta dozen potatoes a day if you do not encourage or discourage them. As well, the rabbit's main source of food seems to be the potatoes, but they eat long grasses and berries as well. Your scouts would guess that they eat bark off trees during the winter, but they do not yet know for sure. Since winter is only a couple months away, you will find out soon anyways.

eragonruler
eragonruler
34 posts
Nomad

Wait one week and if no word of a enemy assault, sally out half of the army to scout the enemy.

DavidLS
DavidLS
651 posts
Nomad

The elders call the scout and some of the wisest of the tribe to a meeting, discusing if we should try and hunt the rabbits, or if we should let them be, and wait for a better conditions for hunting. They focus on the importants of getting food for the winter, but will also consider the safety of the tribe.

dechlan1
dechlan1
1,179 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Furbians
Your Location: Beachy, coasty area.
Hierachy: Pack Leaders and Elders.
Military: Small packs of the little guys, no weapons except stuff they can throw and shells on their heads.
Physical Description: Small round furry creatures, big eyes and big mouths. Very plump and short, short stubby legs and arms, 2 fingers and 1 thumb on each hand. Sharp teeth but very stubby claws.
Mental Description: They are territorial creatures and are really smart in coordination and organisation but very dumb in common sense and or literacy skills as they have none.
Other: They originate from hedgehogs. They eat leaves and plant and small bugs.

Showing 31-45 of 138