ForumsWEPRChildren?

38 5982
Xanatu
Xanatu
139 posts
Nomad

Most people that I know would like to have children when they become adults.I can't help thinking that having children has more negative effects on the parents than positive.I mean,the parents have to pay thousands of dollars to take care of the child(ren),and they also miss thousands of hours that could be spent doing anything else that is enjoyable.I know for a fact that I do not want to father spawn when I "grow up".What is everyones'stance/opinion on having children?

• 38 Replies
StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Children are good. They bring joy to people and really just make the adults look responsible. I mean, you can really tell on how mature an adult is by how their child(ren) behave.

I think that children are a good thing, but I do respect your thought on them.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Looking at levels of marital happiness throughout a couple's time together, you might notice a very distinct drop in happiness/satisfaction. Guess what coincides with this? Children!
There are certainly couples who want to have kids and plan and save in the right ways are so aren't affected by the financial strains of these little money sucking demons, but I would guess that the vast majority of couples have kids when they aren't ready and because of societal pressure that that's what married couples are "supposed" to do.
There are also plenty of kids who are just little accidents (as I was) and the parents must make a decision whether or not to abort the pregnancy or whatever. I would like to see a shift away from this view of having kids as an obligation to married couples - without going in the wrong direction and discouraging people from having kids who want them for the "right" reasons.

Devoirity
Devoirity
62 posts
Nomad

To be honest, for me, Children hold a bittersweet temperance.

I love children, especially Babies and small children, but I can get really pissed off by arrogant, ignorant and, for lack of anything better to say, spoiled kids.

Really, though, I would love to have any number of children of my own, although, not as soon as I am able, maybe when I'm ready to let go of what I have, with my Girlfriend and indulge in a little more of life.

And I do agree that when you have children, you miss out, but caring for them can be immensly self-satisfying, in an emotional way. Watching them grow, nurturing them into good, honest people, telling them between right and wrong, having great times with them, is personally a dream of my own, no matter what anybody else says.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Well you guys may not want kids but I do. lol. I don't think that they would be that much of a hassel.

Devoirity
Devoirity
62 posts
Nomad

I agree StarScreamer, and I would say, the more the better!

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

Children would be a problem only if you're not capable of taking care of them.

MafiaSlayer
MafiaSlayer
159 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm young but I defiantly know I want kids. Not a ton, but 2 or 3. And I already know I'm not going to let them run around like my parents let me lol i'm a B!tch for them to handle

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

My opinion is that I would like kids, but not until much later in life. I would rather get a high-paying job, and get married around 25. Use contraception until my wife and I have a nice house and a lot of saved up money. Have maybe one or two kids, find a way to have less job hours and spend lots of time with the kids so that the television (or whatever new-fangled materialistic mass media they have by then) doesn't parent them.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

sorry for the double

@starscreamer and anyone who thinks parenting would be easy-
You should look up on your TV guide for the show the "Baby Borrowers" and watch it, its where teen boyfriend/girlfriend couples are given babies and other children and have to take care of them, its so funny to watch them b!tch about it.

Devoirity
Devoirity
62 posts
Nomad

Necromancer:
I watched a program like that once, but they had to care for Babies, to OAPs
Needless to say, the men were mostly the mature ones who actually smiled and listened and did the work that had to be done.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

I absolutely loooove kids. I have 3 younger brothers. 4 younger cousins who live 2 minutes away and a very high tolerance level. So i enjoy the presence of children, almost always. If i get married (celibacy looks like a legitimate possibility for me...) I would definitely have kids. For a long time i had "decided" upon a maximum of 2 kids. But in recent years, i have really grown to enjoy babysitting and my brothers...so i think that 4 could be a good possibility.
Why? Because of pure enjoyment. That plus working for a living to feed and house one person (wife) is worthless...

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

if everyoen takes a stance against children then the world woudl run out of people i woudl love to have kids when i grow up for i know that i am helping the earth stay a populated place my father came from a family of 12 kids my grand father came from a family of 18 kids i happen to love havign many cousins

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

MsterXantos- Don't overpopulate the world and strain its resources, have 1 or 2 kids normally and adopt the rest.

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

hey i never said i was having twelve i'm just sayign i grew up in a huge famil yand i love ti all my relatives are farmers so they kinda help with reasources

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

i believe it simply depends on where you stand. it depends on your income, your maritial status, your stability. if youre young, dont question it now. see where life takes you.
you may not want a cola now, but in 30minutes you might.
we're indecisive by nature, even the most focused cant answer that question 100% honestly on the spot, because things change.

Showing 1-15 of 38