ForumsWEPRCPSC Thinks We Human Beings Are Completely Stupid

14 18146
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

http://www.theneocube.com/

I lost my neocubes, so I went online to buy a new set. Well, apparently they are no longer being sold because I LIKE TO EAT ALL THE MAGNETS.

If you're an adult, you're allowed to drink alcohol, drive a car, smoke cigarettes, buy various drugs, own knives, own guns, and about a thousand other dangerous things. But small magnets?

Sure, we need to be safe - but we can't be stupid about it.

• 14 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

I'm going to add this: http://savemagnets.com/

I apologize for being somewhat lazy with this thread.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Not sure if the last one on eBay is legal to buy here.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Luckily there are some companies still out there selling them. One company sells them individually - but conveniently sends you a nifty case for them if you buy 216... cuz loopholes.

I don't understand how a company can be sued when they clearly state that the magnets are not suitable for children, and that they shouldn't be swallowed. Sure, magnets can always fall into the hands of children - but that's true for almost every single thing you can buy. This includes guns, knives, Legos, various drugs, cleaning agents, etc.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Here is Thunderfoot from Youtube playing with his balls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNMo53P1ImM

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Ooh... That sucks. I have a cubes set missing two, and a complete set of balls, but here's my question: what practical use do they serve that would cause an uproar over their disappearance?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

It's funny you linked that video, Mage. It was that exact video that kicked me back into the whole magnet phase again. When I saw TF00t playing his little balls, it reminded me how much I missed playing with mine. It was one of the comments in the video that made me aware of the ban.

Nurvana, have you ever wanted something really bad as a kid but your parents told you, "no"? It sucks.

When you're a responsible adult working a full time job for a paycheck that pays for these politician's salaries, and they say, "No, you might do something as stupid as eating magnets," it's condescending, an abuse of tax dollars that come from our labor, and it prevents us from buying something we should have every right to own.

Years ago, Asherlee said something that stuck with me. We shouldn't mold this world so it caters only to children. We're adults, and we should have access to adult pleasures.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Things should only be banned if they present a clear, inconspicuous danger to households. Clear, because the effect is directly that object, and inconspicuous, because the danger is objectively hidden and unknown to those who aren't professionally educated on it.

So recalls. Temporary bans on goods like food. You don't know that a virus is lurking in that food, so you eat it, thinking it's perfectly fine. This is why we have the FDA and USDA to check these foods regularly.

I remember a ban on those...what the devil were they called... they were children's toys: colored balls you could stick together and form shapes from them. They got recalled because they contained a rape drug inside and could affect the children by consumption, even by just licking your fingers after playing with them. This is different from, say, magnets intended for adults, because you expect small children to interact in their environment by taste.

Lets ban Lysol and Chlorox too. It's poisonous to your system! Forget the labels that say to not do this, some people can't read!

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Lets ban Lysol and Chlorox too. It's poisonous to your system!

Don't forget about DHMO! People could inhale the liquid form and die.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

One side effect of Dihydrogen Monoxide is fast urination. It empties your bowels!
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

To be fair, we are pretty stupid as a race.

[url=http://www.darwinawards.com/]

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

We shouldn't mold this world so it caters only to children.

That's deep man. I just imagine GameFreak restricting Pokemon games because children are suffering too many seizures :-( /shudders
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

This event just ruined my day. Eh, those little magnets will be missed.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Well, apparently they are no longer being sold because I LIKE TO EAT ALL THE MAGNETS.

I do. They taste funny, and feel funny in my tummy.

My grandpa's heart once attacked him..that sounds very dangerous. I propose a ban on that as well.
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

My grandpa's heart once attacked him..that sounds very dangerous. I propose a ban on that as well.

Agreed. All hearts must be replaced by miniature water pumps!
Showing 1-14 of 14