ForumsThe TavernDesign your own zombie apocalypse loadout

66 62811
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

[url=http://www.innawoods.net/]

Something I came across today which I thought was pretty cool, here's my loadout:

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/907/ckns.png

Comfortable clothing, M14 rifle with silencer, scope and flashlight, knife for meele encounters, two boxes of spare ammo and a ton of food because chances are once I find a safezone I wouldn't want to leave there for a long time

Post your own and add a sentence or two about your choices.

• 66 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Deleted some posts to clean up the thread a bit... NO linking to real weapon selling websites, mm-kay?! Thank you! =)

Also... welcome back Danny! =D

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

I rather not make a heavy loadout, I'd rather have a machete or katana, a pistol , some kind of throwing knife and a backpack of food, water. Plus, a tent.

L0GAN
L0GAN
1 posts
Nomad

A kit like that would likely slow you down to much

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

[img][url=http://www.innawoods.net//img]

here is mine

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Katana cuz like ninjas and lolz. But really I would carry a Kalishnakov AK-47 semi automatic with spike bayonet and ACOG scope. For a sidearm I would go with an American classic, Colt model 1911 45. ACP with extended magazine. As for close combat I would go with an aluminum push knife (The kind used by the french resistence during the second world war.) and a bowie knife with a kershaw spring assisted opening for assorted utility purposes. I would carry a small LED flashlight, a box of civilian MRE's along with a single bottle water purifier and two canteens, also cups of instant ramen noodles (gotta love instant ramen) and some cans of freeze dried chicken and beef (probably like 3 of each) I think that along with my hunting supplies I could sustain myself for quite awhile. I live in Alabama there are plenty of places with food and security that I could stay.

Lobotis
Lobotis
75 posts
Nomad

A silenced AK 47 because it never jams. 7 mags 50 bullets. A Glock 21 because it can shoot full auto and semi. Duel katana duct tape, pain killer, flare gun and a doo hickey with all the tools like a knife and a can opener. And camo clothing

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Amateurs. For maximum survivability, you need one accurate, light, scoped, semi-automatic rifle, one lightweight shotgun, and a crowbar. This will save weight used for food, medical supplies, a sewing kit, map and compass, water, binoculars, and survival knife (NOT for zombie killing). Avoiding zombies is better than fighting them.

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

I would rather go exploring to find food or resources as @09philj said avoiding is better than fighting so the loose of weight makes you travel more faster and probably be one the guys that will be saved

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

No, no. You can't expect ammunition supplies to hold up very long, and the effectiveness of bullets varies with the zombies' biological workings. I would suggest something along the following lines.

Primary weapon: BIG stainless frying pan
Auxiliary: any sidearm knife, maybe a handgun to start off with
To wear: welding gloves & mask, loose durable clothes, work boots
To pack: camping stove, blow torch, one or two multi-tools, night vision spectacles, tinder & flint, rations, alluminum & iron filings, smoke bombs, some chattering teeth or other windup toys
To store somewhere: oxy-fuel welding equipment, scrap metal & filings, more rations, gardening tools, ammunition (if needed/available), minor medical supplies, cleaning supplies, tarp & blankets

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

night vision spectacles

No to anything with batteries.

the effectiveness of bullets varies with the zombies' biological workings.

Bandits could be a problem though.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

No to anything with batteries.

Passive is good enough.

Bandits could be a problem though.

Not if they waste their ammunition fighting corpses.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

The most important things in your inventory are knowledge, mental strength, material items, then physical strength.

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

[IMG]http://oi60.tinypic.com/10p61w4.jpg[/IMG]
Here's mine

Edit: Just view the URL ...

Clicky !

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

It isn't quite what I wanted, but close enough:

http://i57.tinypic.com/ifzss8.jpg

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

1. You question the usefulness of bullets, yet equip a crossbow, which is harder to reload, slower to fire and easier to trace.

Yes, because with enough skill they can be made from scratch and the potential for reuse is significantly greater. I would rather have a longbow, but the option was not available.

2. You equip a bayonet and frying pan as your only other weapons, when you have plenty of room for at least a frag (high damage) or a Molotov (fast-spreading burn damage).

Yes, because explosives are single-use.

Heck, you could add Rags and Lighter Fluid (from the [Other] category) and make yourself some flaming crossbow bolts. Can't go wrong with burn damage.

I thought I had lighter fluid... This thing is full of bugs.

Also! The site posts the total weight of your loadout. Keep that in mind as well. I think yours is 22.9 kg (it's at the very top of the attachments window), which is a little over 50 lbs.

Dannydaninja
Total weight: 44.137kg

Voyage2
Total weight: >33.461kg (not exact, because there's a tag in the way)

MattEmAngel
Total weight: 31.572kg

Not that I would rely too heavily on that, though. Several of the items are given a weight of 0, including much of the ammo, the medkits, the attachments, the frying pan, both shovels, and who knows what else.

I find it odd that you have no water.

Showing 1-15 of 66