ForumsPopular MediaFavorite Arnold Schwarzenegger Movie?

25 13555
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

What would the world of action movies be like without Arnold? The Terminator, Conan The Barbarian, Predator, Total Recall, Kindergarten Cop, and The Running Man just to name a few make up this world famous Austrian dude's long list of popular guy movies. His eight or so Mr. Universe Titles and controversial political career aside, what do you think of this guy? Is he great on the silver screen or is he just a jacked up dude that loves to draw attention to himself? What's your favorite movie with him in it. My personal favorite is Total Recall, although Predator nearly topped my list. Finally, what do you think of his latest movie (Sabotage) that will be coming out in April?

• 25 Replies
MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

I like Terminator... One of my favourite films....
:'D

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I'm undecided between Red Sonja and The Running Man, in terms of dorkiness ;-P

Terminator III was on here once again just the other day, though. Ever-entertaining, sure. & Guess where a pal's ginger kitty-cat took her name from

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i will always see him *** the terminator, so my favorite is pretty much obvios

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

No one mentioned Commando?
That's my favorite movie, a little over the top but which action movie isn't?
True Lies is also one of my favorite.
I saw the original French version years before and I can say that's an even better remake than the original, which is rarely the case.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

The original Total Recall is so much better than the new one. I could hardly sit through the new Total Recall with all of its asinine clichés and its predictable plot. Sharon Stone was great in the original. I thought the new actress in the new Total Recall was just another pseudo miss macho with a bad attitude. It looks like Arnold has won again.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Kindergarten Cop is the best Schwarzenegger movie. *sits alone in the corner*

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Total Recall and Predator have a great mix of suspense and action.

What was that one movie he did around Christmas time where he was looking for an action figure or something? That was pretty funny.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

[quote]Total Recall and Predator have a great mix of suspense and action. /quote]
I could not agree more. Predator and Total Recall are, in my opinion, the two best Arnold movies of all time. It can never decide which is better. Total Recall is the most original, but Predator is the most action-packed.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Oops, let's try it again.

I could not agree more. Predator and Total Recall are, in my opinion, the two best Arnold movies of all time. It can never decide which is better. Total Recall is the most original, but Predator is the most action-packed.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I could hardly sit through the new Total Recall with all of its asinine clichés and its predictable plot.

I've yet to see the new one, but I feel like maybe the fact that it has a predictable plot is because of the whole...y'know...it being a remake.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

6th Day... There are "two" Arnold Schwarzeneggers in it.
Action, clones, helicopters, and more!

~~Black~~

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

True Lies is also one of my favorite.
I saw the original French version years before

Thanks, wasn't aware there is one. Duly noted. The action scenes there (for an otherwise pretty dorky movie, if I recall) are pretty kapow, aren't they. (Or were, for their time?) Plus, well, Jamie Lee Curtis.

What was that one movie he did around Christmas time where he was looking for an action figure or something?

Jingle All The Way? I reckon. Plot sounded familiar, but I don't think I actually know this one. Maybe in some duly lost hour
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

ps How's about a union strike to stop all these remakes being made, say over once (as in a 1 movie. Maybe. On exceptional grounds. Such as, um, actually having something to add) every ten years.

I mean, really.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

I haven't seen Commando but I have seen clips of it. Seems like a real "man movie" by the looks of it. haha.

Otherwise, I liked Total Recall. Oh, Conan wasn't too bad. His one-liners were alright.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Thanks, wasn't aware there is one. Duly noted. The action scenes there (for an otherwise pretty dorky movie, if I recall) are pretty kapow, aren't they. (Or were, for their time?) Plus, well, Jamie Lee Curtis.

It's a kick-a$$ movie and Jamie Lee Curtis is pretty good in her dorky wife role.
Also, you can see a young Eliza Dushku who will later become the babe from The New Guy movie and a few more similar ones.

I haven't seen Commando but I have seen clips of it. Seems like a real "man movie" by the looks of it. haha.

That's the kind of movie you want to watch with your friends.
The over the top scenes are the coolest and there are quite a few funny moments too.

Has anyone mentioned Twins? It's a pretty good movie and Kelly Preston is OMG, so hot in it! :O

Kindergarten Cop was surprisingly good.
At first I thought, man he's getting soft to play a role like this but it's actually a pretty funny movie at times.
Showing 1-15 of 25