ForumsThe TavernWhat interesting things did you do today?

684 273346
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hello my honey moneys, this thread is a remake for a thread I made a year or 2 ago but was locked for some reason.

This thread is fairly simple, just talk about something interesting that happened to you today, nothing complicated, just that easy.

The interesting thing I did today was play Dapro in a game of Shell Shock Live 2, and played chess and backgammon with my dad.

• 684 Replies
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I signed a holding agreement for a new apartment. Gotta live somewhere other than "the world", right?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Had an eye exam and got contacts today. Loving them so far.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today was eventful!

1) I went on a 7.5 mile hike in the high desert. It featured a 1,250ft ascent in elevation, crazy terrain, and some beautiful scenery. I finished it in less than three hours including stops for pictures. Piece of cake.

2) I consigned some old black metal barstools with an annoying floral pattern on the cushions.

3) I ate at one of my favorite restaurants, Souplantation. I overloaded all of my plates with so much salad that chickpeas and sunflower seeds went spilling all over the floor. For desert I loaded so much ice cream in my bowl that it looked like an Effiel Tower of ice cream with a blanket of sprinkles all over it. Sprinkles all over that place! :P

4) After I went home I picked a bunch of avocados, limes, and tangerines off of my fruit trees but barely made a dent in the amount of fruit left on the trees.

5) I'm planning to continue writing my story that I'm going to post in the art & writing forum sometime soon.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I had eggs Benedict and a big slice of apple for breakfast! Heavenly. Later in the day, I saw a big squirrel in a tree outside my window. I think that he was trying to send me telopathic thoughts. "Give me nuts, give me seeds. Look into my eyes of beads! There is no one who never heeds!"

SamuraiWar42
SamuraiWar42
23 posts
Nomad

Decided to read a book called God's Debris by Scott Adams. Crazy new theory that I think will appeal to non religious people even though it's a bit religious.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I just finished writing an essay and had some wonderful Chaats from Bangarpet...Yummy!

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I went on a ten mile hike in a very nice ecological reserve. Lots and lots and lots of walking...

MasterESC
MasterESC
3 posts
Nomad

Created a web page for my job, first time i do that

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I went kayaking in the ocean. Getting out past the breakers was challenging, fun, and perilous! I kept incorrectly timing when the waves would crash so I kept getting hammered. Most of the time I managed to keep my watercraft pointed towards the waves perfectly straight and just knife right through them, but I got turned sideways a few times and was obliterated by the waves! Once, this really big wave lifted me up and I literally surfed in on it in my boat like it was a surf board! Good salty fun.

Zeefzeef
Zeefzeef
10 posts
Farmer

We made pizza and ate it playing scrabble.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Well I got around to watching that new show "Baskets" on FXx. It's reasonably funny, a wee bit strange, and addicting like any good TV show should be. I'll be waiting for next week's episode.

SamuraiWar42
SamuraiWar42
23 posts
Nomad

Learned to play backgammon today. Like it except for the fact that it requires luck of the dice to win sometimes.

mitkoto
mitkoto
9 posts
Nomad

Playing "armorgames" all day at work Thanks God for the virtual realities!!!
That's why I said: "When reality sucks, you can always visit you dreams!"

Jtom2k
Jtom2k
43 posts
Nomad

I spent my day at school, pretty good I think.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Just ordered the Fire Emblem Fates New 3DS XL because I'm young and have money so why not throw 200 bucks down the drain?

Showing 601-615 of 684