ForumsThe TavernWhat interesting things did you do today?

684 273735
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hello my honey moneys, this thread is a remake for a thread I made a year or 2 ago but was locked for some reason.

This thread is fairly simple, just talk about something interesting that happened to you today, nothing complicated, just that easy.

The interesting thing I did today was play Dapro in a game of Shell Shock Live 2, and played chess and backgammon with my dad.

• 684 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Posted mean things about @MoonFairy on FB.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Woke up thinking it was a school day, but in reality, wasn't. So I went back to bed.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I downloaded Snapchat to keep in touch with an old friend of mine that lives across the country. It's an OK app, although I highly doubt that I know how to use all of its features correctly.

Also, my eye infection is finally getting better. Hopefully I'll get out of the house and do something now.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Checking out the new AG forums!

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I've been building high strength steel shelving for the lighting technicians that work downstairs from me at my new job. Lots of heights and heavy lifting, but hey you all know that ain't some little pansy. I love my new job; good pay, I get to use lots of my tools, I can talk trash with my co-workers and not get reprimanded, 2 paid breaks, and a cool boss. Bty if you're still wondering what my job is, it's a construction/warehouse position at a particular movie studio in LA.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

I had a Physics test at school and I think I've got a 10/10 on it (I know it's nothing really special, and that I only did what I had to do, because if I got a lower grade it means I didn't learn something, but I still like it )

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I bought a nice aluminum frame backpack and some other stuff at a sporting goods store as I am preparing for this year's outdoor adventures. My parents are having a cow about me going out into the wild alone. If it were as dangerous out there as my mommy makes it sound, then people would stop jumping off of bridges to commit suicide and go for hikes instead. I'm not planning to trek across a 200 mile long glacier north of the arctic circle you know. And I'm not an effing greenhorn either.

SamuraiWar42
SamuraiWar42
23 posts
Nomad

Learned a bit of chess today to improvem y game.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Well this was over the past weekend, I went to Death Valley and had some fun in the sun and heat. I found some great slot canyons to hike in, did some serious off roading, visited some old mining sites, saw chuckwallas and pupfish, and took a nap on some sand dunes. I lot of fun for two days and it felt so good to get out of the city.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

(Yesterday 😂) I did a 7 & 1/2 hr hike in the Santa Monica Mountains. It was very beautiful but it got hard towards the end, especially that final 4 mile climb at the end on like a 35° slope! The first half was "oh, this is great", the next 25% was "I've had enough now", and the last quarter was "ohhhh, God. I'm ready to be done now". 13.5 miles of steep up and down terrain in the mountains is about as far as I can go in a day, and I have a long stride and walk fast, even when I'm tired. All good though. It will only make me stronger.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I wrote a poem and created some art today!

SamuraiWar42
SamuraiWar42
23 posts
Nomad

Learned a new dimension of how to play chess - identifying weak squares.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Drove the whole day, back and again, hospital to the house for my little sister. She's been admitted there for observation.

TheGalacticGargoyle
TheGalacticGargoyle
566 posts
Peasant

I sat on a bus for 6 plus hours mate. My butt aches now but I'm home!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Well, not today but over the weekend we created fudge! A bunch of peanut butter, chocolate chips, and a can of condensed milk in a pan heated in the microwave and stir, then pop it in the fridge for a couple hours... then voila! You have nice, delicious fudge. I couldn't believe how easy it was, I definitely need to experiment with more ingredients. Perhaps caramel next time?

Showing 616-630 of 684