ForumsGames[GENERAL] GemCraft CS Thoughts

465 152717
iladesta
iladesta
7 posts
Peasant

I was curious what everyone thinks of the game so far? Likes, Dislikes? Found any bugs yet?

• 465 Replies
sonic2083
sonic2083
11 posts
Peasant

My Endurance after 1.01:
Only a 4.00 modifier but manafarming possible
http://imgur.com/S0PXJPf

things are getting tough ;D
http://imgur.com/dXoCUPh

ending ;(
http://imgur.com/sfrJdtr

equinoxe
equinoxe
8 posts
Shepherd

Well, i went from level 78 to level 3105 in one map (could have gone as high as i wanted), immediately after acquiring poolbound.
(just use chain hit + mana leech + poolbound in a trap)

It's even easier to go infinite than Gemcraft Labryinth, which ruined that game too. The original ones were better thought out.

Not much point in playing more. Maybe add some challenge in a patch?
It shouldn't be possible to do infinite endurance waves.
It will take very significant changes to those gems to make it not possible.

Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

Actually, GCL isn't much different from GC0 (lime gem aside). If GC0 had "upgrade" and "duplicate" buttons (and better performance), it would too had ridiculous orange gem towers.

Reechi
Reechi
14 posts
Peasant

I may be a noob, but to me endurance seems like a bad feature in it's current form. The fact that you can level up countless times in them and after doing a few you become so high leveled there's barely any difficulty left in the game makes them bad.
I think they either shouldn't give xp so they are only there for fun, or better: give xp limited by your normal mode completion xp.

liku779
liku779
8 posts
Peasant

Just my 2 cents about p2w.
Buyuing shadow core at first look seemed p2w... but it could help start faster even so you still have to win the level. As you level up you get more and more shadows core. So i think that was a good idea to port this supporting option.

Performance wise you can summon ton of monsters and it still go superfast.

Im missing my amplifiers... i also spoted some compass, but this one was clickable, could spin it.

So far the mosg annoying beacons are the one who unsocket your gems

lunae
lunae
22 posts
Nomad

*sees e+27 hp on a possessed reaver wave* the hp has no cap...THE HP HAS NO CAP NOW! gah, now THATS some extreme monster hp.

also, that chain hit + mana leech + poolbound combo is godly in a trap, just be careful of the game freezing for several seconds after each hit with higher grades (grade 40 and above)

delestro1
delestro1
1 posts
Shepherd

Someone Beat V3 ?

After wave 200 become insane!

SugarBaby756
SugarBaby756
35 posts
Shepherd

I just beaten V3, 13 grade main gem (R/O/W) + 8 grade 9s in amplifiers. Last monters were giants so it was bolt-freeze-curse, rinse, repeat. 320K XP, but I believe it can be done better.

lunae
lunae
22 posts
Nomad

where is the barrage skill? (i'll probably find it not too long after typing this >.&gt Q6 says its in R1 but i already cleared that field and i don't think it gave barrage as the tooltip says chamber already opened.

SugarBaby756
SugarBaby756
35 posts
Shepherd

I believe barrage is P3.

lunae
lunae
22 posts
Nomad

yeah, just found it

lunae
lunae
22 posts
Nomad

X5 complete and yet there still a few mysteries...like those compasses and now i seem to be missing a hext with no obvious way of accessing it, hextile S.

lunae
lunae
22 posts
Nomad

ok, i've done all i can for now. heres all the compass locations and what i can't find yet:

Compasses: C2, E3, J2, K2, O3, U4, X7

i thought they might lead to hextile S or Z but no matter how i look at it they don't line upcorrectly for that or Z.

what i can't figure out: compasses, reaching hextiles S or Z and i still don't know where field G4 might be.

taior3
taior3
30 posts
Shepherd

Guys where to unlock Amplifiers?

rickdangerous
rickdangerous
4 posts
Peasant

[quote]Guys where to unlock Amplifiers?

G2, did that one when I was on lvl 48, can be tricky.

Showing 46-60 of 465