ForumsGamesGemcraft Chasing Shadows Endurance: Is it beatable?

85 68155
toastprime
toastprime
8 posts
Nomad

I can kill the ones with over a quintillion HP but this is a little rediculous.

How's everyone else fairing? I'm starting to think endurance might be designed to be unbeatable.

[URL=http://s899.photobucket.com/user/mritem/media/crazygemcraft.jpg.html][IMG]http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac191/mritem/crazygemcraft.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• 85 Replies
toastprime
toastprime
8 posts
Nomad

Sorry, here's the pic
http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac191/mritem/crazygemcraft.jpg

daniil_sizov_98
daniil_sizov_98
30 posts
Farmer

And 203 XP for killing that fat guy is quite ridiculous

toastprime
toastprime
8 posts
Nomad

That was a 300million+ exp run, so the exp wasn't really the issue

anexoticllama
anexoticllama
8 posts
Nomad

Shrines

anexoticllama
anexoticllama
8 posts
Nomad

And, you don't have to anger. Higher waves' apparitions/shadows, etc. give a toooon of exp.

rangervert
rangervert
16 posts
Shepherd

I fail around wave 330. Talisman all 80+ rarity, wizard level 3k+... I don't think its beatable. Your xp is super low though for being wave 300.. which is surprising. Usually i'm over 250m (before modifiers) at that point...

Actually, now that i think about is... someone was saying they beat endurance (or got really far) earlier utilizing shrine of blades (-90% monster hp per activation) and wake of eternity spam... combined with very, very high grade gems. May be do-able then....maybe..

Wake of eternity combined with the talisman specials that increase its damage done could do it... i think rarity 100 gives +10% WoE damage.. so 8 of those would make WoE remove 105% of enemies health. Would that do it? Or does it cap?

On a sidenote: anyone know how people are topping 1T+ per level? If i play haunting, full modifiers, anger all waves to 999 monsters and then some (so around 500 base xp per monster)... I still only cap at 50B-100B xp per level (and my talisman gives me +100% total xp...). Then endurance's 25% xp modifier hits me so its hard to get much beyond that. I don't see how its possible. Also, i drop grade 30-40+ gems for heat bonus whenever that comes up too.... still can't get close. I'm not sure what else to do..

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

You can get the WoE damage boost on fragments 40 and up.

daniil_sizov_98
daniil_sizov_98
30 posts
Farmer

@rangervert, base WoE HP loss is 20%, +10% HP loss is given only by inner fragments, so max bonus by talisman is +50% for total 70% HP loss.

You can't get much exp for killing mobs, only for beacons and flyings, so droping gems for exp is waste of time, drop them just for manafarm.

Cirno
Cirno
31 posts
Peasant

If there's an end, like 1337 waves as in prior games, it's totally doable, with any luck.

If you get a couple (I think 2 with 40% reduction is enough) spell cooldown reduction sparks, you can reduce your freeze spell to a cooldown LOWER than its duration. With some 90% slow (grade 20 or so prismatic, since they will also give heal reduction, armor reduction, and mana, being great utility) gems firing at "closest to orb", you can keep a permafreeze going on while you spam Wake of Eternity.

However, I can't imagine a reason to do this, past bragging rights. As it stands, it takes me over an hour to clear a normal haunting-max-trait stage before I even get the option to go to endurance.

dfnord
dfnord
26 posts
Farmer

It seems, from this thread, somebody beat endurance with a venon shrine. I had 3 shrines of blades all of them would cut life by 90%, and wave 300, unreanged, was unbeatable by my level 35 gem (and they healing on the haunting difficulty at this level is really huge on mobs with the healing trait).

toastprime
toastprime
8 posts
Nomad

The pic I posted was a run from around level 430ish. 300+ million exp only because I only killed about the first 220 waves then cycled and called more when I was screwed to see how high the cap goes. I figured shrines would be one way to do it, I just need to level up more. I only have a couple level 90+ talismans and just hit lvl 800.

I also just found bloodbound gem skill since then and that makes a pretty strong quad. At least for my mana gems, the triple without bloodbound seems to be pretty much just as good but I haven't really tested it.

swimmerben
swimmerben
1 posts
Nomad

I beat it. Level 999 is the last level. It literally took forever. I was only like wizard level 80 too when I did it

shinigaminokuro_hikari
shinigaminokuro_hikari
7 posts
Nomad

It's easy to get to wave 400-500 if you do your first 200 properly and get a grade 45 gem by wave 100, its very time consuming tho since most if not all computers lag like hell when you are enraging minion waves to 2b armor+999 minions a wave and loads of becons spawn unless you fill the map with towers

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Try it on haunting with maxed traits, on looming with orbs only it's much easier. Gem g45 isn't really hard - I usually go to grade 52.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

on my beat endurance run I had G56.

Swimmer please give proof no offense but I'm seriously impressed but I need proof to truly believe you. Sorry but it sounds too impressive lol...

Showing 1-15 of 85