ForumsGamesunder-rated game series

17 4963
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

what are some of your favorite game series that you feel are super under-rated and not too well known about?

i think games like klonoa or tomba [tombi in europe] deserved more attention then what they got

• 17 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

RotK series..easily

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

The Delta Force series, never got that popular but man was it great!

~Manly

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Drawn to Life. I loved that game but never saw anyone talking about it.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

oh yeah i remember drawn to life, i never bought it cause it wasnt talked much about or anything so i never knew if it was worth the money

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Drawn to Life was pretty cool but I didn't think it was amazing or anything.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i dont trust clicking that link..

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

What link?

Anyway, I think a great not-so-hidden-but-hidden-enough series is Breath of Fire. It could be from a lack of international marketing and a slight difficulty, but the greatest game in the series, Breath of Fire III, only has a 7.8/10 on GameFAQs, and that gave me a small tear in the eye

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Luigi's Mansion series. Although, I think Dark Moon is just a spin off of the original for the GameCube.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Luigi's Mansion series.

I love that game, I still have it and I don't have the heart to get rid of it.

Although, I think Dark Moon is just a spin off of the original for the GameCube.

So a Luigi's Mansion game is a spin-off of a Luigi's Mansion game? I'm pretty sure it's just a sequel, not a spin-off.
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Well it isn't really a series per say, but there are some other games like it made by the same guy, I think No More Heroes was pretty freakin cool. I think what happened was though the developers were like "HECK YAH NINTENDO!!!!!!!!" So it was only released on the Wii. Most people who buy a Wii are not looking for a game were you cut people in half with a lazer sword and make them explode into a bloody mess of coins. That's just my theory though.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

What link?

someone posted a suspicious link and thats why i said that, it appears that it got removed
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I've always enjoyed the James Bond games. Agent Under Fire is my favorite shooting game of all-time, and its multiplayer mode never gets old, even if you're playing by yourself with bots.

I never did understand why people got so hyped up about series like CoD and Halo 3. I'd play any Bond game over any game from either of those series any day. And I didn't even care for From Russia With Love.

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

I don't know if anyone's heard of this series, but I feel as if the Conflict games are underrated. They were very fun co-op third-person shooters that put you in charge of a four-man squad. And the cool part was how if you were playing singleplayer, you can switch between all four soldiers on the fly. Each soldier was specialized with certain weapons and gadgets, so they were all useful in their own ways.

If anything, Conflict did the co-op third-person shooter type of game before Army of Two and Kane and Lynch, and in my opinion, I think Conflict does it the best.

It was too bad that back when the first game was released, called Conflict: Desert Storm (the setting is in the 1990's Gulf War), there were people who thought it was just some SOCOM ripoff, but it's not. My favourite entry in the series was Conflict: Vietnam because I just love Vietnam War games in general. The setting, the weaponry, the music, everything.

It was too bad the series got killed when Conflict: Denied Ops came out. It was okay, but it changed too much of the core gameplay from the old games by reducing the squad to two members and pretty much removing the original four characters from the Desert Storm games and replacing them with two stereotypical operatives, one of them being a redneck and another being a gangsta-type guy. Oh, and did I mention Denied Ops is a first-person shooter instead of third-person?

Eidos did publish those games, and since Square Enix owns them these days, I'm hoping they could reboot the Conflict series for the eighth-gen of consoles and PC, hopefully in the same manner as Tomb Raider and not Thief. I don't know who would develop it as the original developer, Pivotal Games, became defunct after Denied Ops' release. My only fear is that not as many players have fond memories of those games as I have and probably wouldn't give a care anyway. Well, unless they go back to the roots and maybe put in a splitscreen option for couch co-op play like all the games in the series have done.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

James Bond games

i played one on n64 and one on gba, and a tinyy bit of one on ps3. gotta say those were good games, not many movie games turn out good.
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

So a Luigi's Mansion game is a spin-off of a Luigi's Mansion game? I'm pretty sure it's just a sequel, not a spin-off.

I know, what was I thinking.
Showing 1-15 of 17