ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93950
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level: 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: Serbu Super Shorty (200/2 12 ga. shells), Beretta 92FS Inox (150/15 9x19 ammo), S&W Model 686 4 inch barrel (60/6 .357 ammo), Folding knife (8 inch blade)
Partner: Max
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (190/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

I scavenge one of the dumpsters to see if there is some kind of gun I could find.

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
XP: 3/10
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells (20 12 ga. shells), a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

"Well, I'll keep that in mind." Colette stands up. "You're all finished."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: Black hair, 'Asian' eyes, scar on his left cheek, 5'11'' , tanned brown skin, wears 'cool-looking' prescription glasses. (I updated my looks sheet.)
Inventory: Serbu Super Shorty (200/2 12 ga. shells), Beretta 92FS Inox (150/15 9x19 ammo), S&W Model 686 4 inch barrel (60/6 .357 ammo), Folding knife (8 inch blade)
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (200/10 .308 ammo), Barrett M82 (190/10 .50 BMG), Mossberg 500 (100/3 12 ga. shotgun shells)

(You still have your other guns on you, you never said you put them down so you still have them.)

Bio: Sean came from a town where guns were more common then cars. He seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: Remington 870 (13/7 20 ga. shells), Ruger Mini-14 x2 (90/30 5.56 ammo), Desert Eagle (21/7 .50 AE), S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells (20 12 ga. shells), a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

"So, I hope I passed the examination process." I say moving over to my clothes and putting them back on methodically.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

(I put down my M4 when I encountered the Leader.)
"What am I doing?" I think to myself. "They could be right behind me." I quietly close one of the lids of the dumpster. I turn on my radio again. "Max, where are you? Come in, Max!"

"This exam is to check for any zombie bites. Once you register, you come back here for our in-depth exam. This is to see if you are fit to work, not that
you're not."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(I know but you have your Shorty, beretta and the S&W.)
When you turn on the radio all you hear is Max going, "Alright, alright. Lets be responsible. I'm sure my friend has had a word with your friends already." Then your voice cuts the conversation short, "Ah... I'm... Just gonna... Answer that... Hey man... I hope you got some good news for me." You can tell he's really worried.

"Already registered."

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

(I know but you have your Shorty, beretta and the S&W.)

"God, Max, I'm sorry." I moan. "I panicked, and then they started shooting. I'm in a really bad fix right now."

"Now you just have to give this," Colette says, handing you some papers. "This is the results of your exam. Where was I?...Oh yes. You have to give these to the town hall, where you registered, and then they will give you what you need."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

You can almost feel the silence, "That... That's not quite what these guys needed to hear..." You can hear quiet conversation, and muffled sounds, "Hey! Let go of me! Allan! Allan!" The line goes dead.

"Cool thanks!" I say with a smile as I head toward the town hall.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"Max!" I scream. "What do I do know?" I think to myself. I do not see anyone
behind or in front of me.

The town hall is a big building, its front walls made of concrete, paneled with glass and its roof shingled blue. The walls are lined with holes, some as big as your fist. There appears some lettering near the roof. Some letters appear to be missing. The remaining letters look like this: "L**efro*t *par*me*t*." A man walks up to you. "Welcome to the village of Lefrot Parmet! Are you..." He looks at your papers. "Registering? Take those papers up to the front desk inside, and they'll take care of the rest."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

The radio clicks on again, "This is Makerov," You hear a voice say in a deeply eastern accent. "we have your friend, you bring us more weapon and we return him to you." You can hear engines near to you.

"Oh thank you good sir and you are?" I ask before heading into the building.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"First of all, Makarov, prove to me that he is still alive."

"I'm Coen, one the leaders of the village. And you?".

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

You hear them speaking in another language, you recognize it to be something close to Russian. "Here." You hear some muffeling, "It's me. They broke my god**** shooting hand. You gott-" "There, proof."

I give him a slight bow, "I am Sean, I've just arrived today."

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"I'll be back," I say. "But if anything happens to him, the deal is off."
I walk home, which will probably take a while.

"Welcome, Sean!" Coen looks at his watch. "I have to go now," He mumbles. "Have some important business to attend to. Go on and register!"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

As you leave you can hear car engines nearby, you realize that they are army standard hummers.

"Yea sir." I say with another bow before rushing to the center for registration.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

As I hear those engines, I think, 'These must be ex-army people.' I begin to walk faster towards home.

As you walk in the door, you see a small group of people standing in front of
you, appearing to be holding the same stack of papers as you are.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Leaving the alleyway you see the empty street, the noise comes closer and closer. As you walk you can tell they are about to come down the street you are on, there is another ally near to you, or you could try hide in one of the cars.

"Are you all here to join?"

Showing 481-494 of 502