ForumsThe TavernWhat Was the Old Armor Games Like?

46 30328
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Before Armor Games got revamped, what was the old AG website like? Was it a better site than what it is now?

• 46 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@daleks Awww shucks!

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

well im gonna go old from when i first signed up, tbh i liked it better back than, i knew alot more people and AP was alot better than quests, sure i like quests but AP was more fun (yes i understand people spammed for AP but the ranking system was great) but now i dont know anyone and quests are getting old and i feel as if all the good people are leaving or less active :/

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

but now i dont know anyone and quests are getting old and i feel as if all the good people are leaving or less active :/

Yeah, me too. I joined in December 2013, (still a youngling, heh) but I feel that I missed out on something. It seems like Armor Games has lost its *pizzazz*. You get what I'm saying?
bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

@apldeap They haven't come out with any great games since the update. Raze 3 could have been it, but was ultimately a let down.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

They haven't come out with any great games since the update.

This really has nothing to do with the update, but just with the developers. For example, John (the blue elephant exit path genius) moved to Kong... In my opinion he made some of the best games, quite frequently, but now we've lost that.

It seems like Armor Games has lost its *pizzazz*.

I think a lot of people were quite sad when Armor Points went away, as it sort of brought out the competitiveness in everyone. A lot of users left after it went, and once they went, so did part of AG's *pizzazz*.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

You need to take into consideration that the majority of the AG users are aged 13 to 20 something. They go to high school, graduate, go to college, get busier so they can't spend as much time here.
Their grow up, find new interests, etc, so their time at AG is just a small portion of their life.
The hardcore fans are the ones who are most affected by the change.
They liked the way it was before but the new kids who just discovered the site probably like it more.

I became member on January 15th 2011 and I saw quite a few changes, some I like and some I don't, like those MMos (I hate those) but I like the rest. I do miss Joey Betz and Cormyn.
I'm glad we have Ferret and Boppins though.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

They haven't come out with any great games since the update.

Well, ConArtist is still here, and he makes great games. But then again, most of his games are zombie-related, and I don't know if everyone here likes zombie games.
Blackwolves990
Blackwolves990
331 posts
Shepherd

The old AG was awesome, now.. all the good old friends are gone, and it's kinda dead..
I Remember there was a point system, 2 point per comment, 2 point per rate, 1 point per forum post, there was a ranking system as well, the first one in the ranking was FiretailMadness with 55 000 points, I higher I ever climbed was 95th in the ranking. BUT soon after the joy, they made a big menage and most of the comments disapeared, I was 11 000 points, I just fell back to 4000 and this is when everyone quitted the site, my friends, my rivals, everybody..
It's been 2 years since I had quit armorgames, but I think I'm back.. I don't like the new disguise, but it'll do the thing, I guess..
#Memories

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I do miss Joey Betz and Cormyn.

Wait, if Joey Betz left does that mean no more Crush the Castle? And I don't really remember Cormyn but I know he was pretty active when I was here with my first account.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

if Joey Betz left does that mean no more Crush the Castle?

Correct. The Editor for the last one was never even finished, or at least released.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Correct. The Editor for the last one was never even finished, or at least released.

Darn... I was looking forward to more CTC games.
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

But I'm also talking about the Forums. Is it just me, or does it seem like we have one too many 'Battle of' Forums in the Tavern? It seems like the Forums just...died.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Wait, if Joey Betz left does that mean no more Crush the Castle? And I don't really remember Cormyn but I know he was pretty active when I was here with my first account.

Nope. Crush the Castle Adventures had this amazing level builder but it was never released. It had so many amazing possibilities.
;(
`
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Crush the Castle Adventures had this amazing level builder but it was never released. It had so many amazing possibilities.

Sigh...Where was I all these years?
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Aye... I came here in 9th Grade, back in the ye olde days of Games of Gondor.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

I Remember there was a point system, 2 point per comment, 2 point per rate, 1 point per forum post, there was a ranking system as well, the first one in the ranking was FiretailMadness with 55 000 points

The armor points system isn't that old, really. It was a system used only last year, and the quest system was put into place somewhere around spring of 2014. However, when clans ran rampant and started taking over the forums and spamming in the messaging system came about... that is some old stuff right there. Even the approach for moderation. Complete difference from the 2009 to the 2014 period.
Showing 16-30 of 46