ForumsThe TavernWhat Was the Old Armor Games Like?

46 30334
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Before Armor Games got revamped, what was the old AG website like? Was it a better site than what it is now?

• 46 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

But I'm also talking about the Forums. Is it just me, or does it seem like we have one too many 'Battle of' Forums in the Tavern? It seems like the Forums just...died.

Well yeah there used to only be Battle of the Bands and then I made battle of the brands, and then the bandwagonners followed suit.

As to the forums dying... It's been like that since late 2011-2012 when I first came to the site. As far I know 2008-2010 was the super active part of the forum history.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

As far I know 2008-2010 was the super active part of the forum history.

Was it also because of the AP system being replaced with quests, because as Matt said, a lot of people weren't too happy with the change.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

quest system was put into place somewhere around spring of 2014

Or like the start of 2013 but who is keeping track anyway.
Blackwolves990
Blackwolves990
331 posts
Shepherd

The armor points system isn't that old, really. It was a system used only last year, and the quest system was put into place somewhere around spring of 2014.

I joined the site around 2010, I was in primary school and I had a lot of fun, but when they made the big point crash, all my friends and a lot of people (me as well) left.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,780 posts
Chamberlain

Was it also because of the AP system being replaced with quests, because as Matt said, a lot of people weren't too happy with the change.

Nope. Everyone was complaining about how inactive it was when I got here, and it only got worse. Yes, many of us were fighting the change, but in the end we're actually, much, much more active than we were in the year or two prior to quests.
elshobokshy
elshobokshy
159 posts
Nomad

*jumps from the past to the present day*
Hello dear, my name is elshobokshy and I come from the 'old' armorgames that was here four years ago.
*gets back to past*

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

@MattEmAngel: Implementing a form of the old rank system for quests is a good idea, but such a system should also take into account a quest's difficulty, because a hard quest will generally take more time than an easy quest.

Also, the admins are already aware of the possibility of adding points for quests based on difficulty, and a rank system would add one more step to that.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

King, Queen

If that ranking system is used, then those two should be the same rank depending on gender.

The problem of course is that the Knight tier would sound the same as the Knight status

The old ranking system also had a Knight rank, so using chess pieces as names wouldn't solve that problem.

In other words, the top left Quest shield will show your tier, not your newest Quest (the Quest line would begin directly to the right of it). Put a box of some kind around it so people won't be confused as to why it doesn't move.

If a Quest shield is used to indicate a quest rank, a smaller version of the shield could be added to the armatar, preferably the top left corner. To prevent confusion, a different design should be used for the Knight rank.
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

You need to take into consideration that the majority of the AG users are aged 13 to 20 something. They go to high school, graduate, go to college, get busier so they can't spend as much time here.
Their grow up, find new interests, etc, so their time at AG is just a small portion of their life.
The hardcore fans are the ones who are most affected by the change.
They liked the way it was before but the new kids who just discovered the site probably like it more.

I understand that we have other things to do besides hang out at Armor Games, but if we don't stop the deterioration of AG, then we will end up like Kong. The ranking system for the amount of Quests one earned is a very good idea!

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

And now we have:

Dice = 4

and

Coin = Tails

DICE RESULTS
4 = Dice
COIN RESULTS
Coin
Tails
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

1d6=5

Coin Flip = Heads

I have no idea what those are for. This the is the first time ive ever used it.

DICE RESULTS
5 = 1d6
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

[/quote]I have no idea what those are for. This the is the first time ive ever used it.[quote]

Back in my day, we didn't have these fancy-dancy digital coin and dice thingerbobbles. We walked uphill both ways to the fourms....in the snow. And we was thankful for it! You...You kids these days with you're fancy-smanchy Comment system and...and Quests! Hrmph.

gamermat
gamermat
1 posts
Peasant

The old armor games? you mean like the games of Gondor?

I remember when quests were first implemented :P , I miss my old account, too bad I forgot it.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

The old armor games was.. way more fun and way more full of spam. I guess now security is way tighter against spam and what not but, it's as if some of the fun might have disappeared along with the ranking system

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

The old armor games was.. way more fun and way more full of spam. I guess now security is way tighter against spam and what not but, it's as if some of the fun might have disappeared along with the ranking system

+1 to similar sentiments!
Showing 31-45 of 46