ForumsThe TavernThe Death of the Forums

54 13863
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Fellow Armor Gamers, I bring to your attention an impending crisis: the death of the forums. No, the forums are not totally dead, but it is dying. Yes, there is plenty of activity in the Tavern and in other places in the Forums, but the quality of the threads are slowly deteriorating and the activity of the forums is dwindling.

Yes, the forums of Armor Games are dying. Many Veteran forum users have left, and I do not blame them. Yes, we all have things to do besides go on Armor Games, and that is understandable. But, if we do not do something to rectify this crisis, then Armor Games will cease to become the best gaming website on the Internet. How does this even apply to Armor Games as a whole? If we improve the quality of the forums on Armor Games, then there will be more traffic coming in to Armor Games, which means more people visit the website and play the games here, and we will continue to be the best gaming website in the Internet.

My fellow Forum Users, this is what we must do: We must revive the Forums. There needs to be better quality threads in the Tavern, better Forum Games, compelling topics and debates in the WEPR and above all, more activity. In doing this, we will bring back the forums to its former glory. We will bring the Forums into a new Golden Age. Yes, it will be hard. It will take a long time. But we can all do this, for we are Armor Games, and we are Armor Games Strong.

• 54 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I will bring activity back to the Forums.

You? Just you? Wow, I guess you don't need our help then.

-Create high-quality threads

You can't really rush that though. Good threads come from good ideas.

-Encourage new and veteran users to frequent the Forums more often.

I don't want to go around to random people spamming, "Come to the forums."

Also most of the veterans left because they get older and getting older tends to make you more busy. I'm in highschool and even I'm not on that long anymore.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@MattEmAngel Some mercy should be granted, especially since some users may have that as their first experience in the forums. They are looking for that Quest.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Also, the team is working on some small tools for forum games that we may see soon. Possibilities are Coin Flipping, Dice Rolling, Card Playing. So start thinking of some fun forum games with those.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

@R2D21999

I only said "I" because I didn't know if anyone else would want to join along with me to bring back the Forums.

By the way, there is a sign up sheet in the Tavern to join the movement. That is, if you'd like.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

@MattEmAngel

I get three hours of homework a night, yet I am also a regular. But there are also those who are even busier. They may not be able to login for even 30 minutes.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

I get three hours of homework a night, yet I am also a regular.

My brother can eat half a pound of grapes at a time. He's much more regular than you.

~Manly
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

oh.

His joke by origin. Would feel bad if I didn't mention that..
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

My brother can eat half a pound of grapes at a time. He's much more regular than you.

Wait...what? Ohhhhh....hahahahaha. That's actually really funny!
;D

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

That's not the point of this at all. The point is we all need massive amounts of fiber.

Edit: Almost forgot it again.......

~Manly

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Dice Rolling

D&D go. **** I got a 1. The die explodes and no one can use it anymore.
Koshionos
Koshionos
881 posts
Jester

I'm finding my kicks in the forum in the Art section, I never bothered until I won an iPad at work, now I can't stop churning stuff out for that forum!

I've been with AG since 2008 and I have seen a slow decline in the forums, a lot of the people I used to see often are rarely present.

@dank, for instance.
and oh... geez.

Who could forget @firetail_madness?
Mr. 18,000+ forum posts?

So many people I used to play with and see on AG are rapidly disappearing. Iz kinda sad...

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Dice Rolling

D&D go. **** I got a 1. The die explodes and no one can use it anymore.

Natural 20 baby BD

But what phil stated is something that shouldn't be overlooked. Getting the forums crazy active may seem nice, but what if the quality of the posts go down? I, frankly, wouldn't fancy that.
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I, frankly, wouldn't fancy that.

Seconded, more people would be nice but we don't want spam flowing freely around the forums, that'd be much worse then a quieter forum.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I don't mind sacrificing a little quality if it means a vast increase in quantity, which means that overall, the number of quality postings will still increase.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

A strong influx of activity will lead to more spam, but in the long run the spam will be weeded out and the quality posters will remain. In my opinion that's a far more efficient system then waiting on people to show up.

Showing 31-45 of 54