ForumsThe TavernHalloween

9 3931
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

This thread is about the famous, or should I say infamous holiday. Instead of me lecturing you with everything I know about Halloween, check out this Wiki article on the holiday-
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween[/url]

Topics for discussion:
Have you had any scary experiences on or around Halloween?
What comes to mind when you think about this day?
Did you know that Americans spend more money for Halloween every year than they do for Christmas?

And finally, with all the maliciousness in my quasi-insane spirit I say to you, Happy Halloween!
http://alexlaybourne.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/clown-2.jpg

• 9 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I think I had heard the statistic about people spending more on Halloween then Christmas in the US. I still find that fact interesting. I guess costumes are expensive if you buy them and lots of people through big parties at Halloween, while for Christmas it is usually a family gathering so much cheaper.

I get scared easily. I have been to a few "haunted" houses, haunted is in quotes because most people would probably not think of them as scary, and I was pretty **** scared. I hate being scared. I don't see the thrill of it like some people.

Obviously All Saints Day on November 1st. Isn't that what everyone thinks of. Haha, no. I think of people dressing up, kids going trick or treating, college kids throwing parties where lots of the girls are dressed like ****s. If only I liked parties. Sigh.

Also in case you want to know what I will be doing this Halloween. I will be sleeping, then going to class. Having a test in one of the classes. Go and eat dinner after class, lunch is before my classes on Fridays. Then I will probably just be on my computer, maybe play RockBand or D&D. VERY slight chance I would go to a fun party, but probably not.

Yep, so I am pretty boring. I haven't been trick or treating since I was 10. Halloween isn't really that special to me seeing how I don't like horror.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

My birthday comes to mind, in reference to Halloween. Which is iiiiiin... one hour.

There was this one time where after Halloween I was exhausted from getting all this candy from people that I took off my costume and just slept on my back. And majority of the time when I sleep on my back I get Sleep Paralysis. I don't know why it doesn't happen with other sleep positions. Less constricted pathways? I dunno. Anyway, it was a pretty freaky experience--can't move, only breathe and see, chest is heavy, the works.

Protip for frequent Sleep Paralysis: never have night lights or other apparati. Light creates shadow, and Sleep Paralysis takes shadows and plays them like marionettes. I saw shadows hunched over me, STEPPING OVER THE DOOR, and brandishing shadowy weapons in my view. They didn't like the open window; there were no shadows there.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

My birthday comes to mind, in reference to Halloween. Which is iiiiiin... one hour.

Wait, is your birthday on Halloween or the 30th?

As Freakenstein also said. My birthday comes to mind.

As far as scary experiences basically the only one that comes to mind was a giant bat decoration we used to put up. You filled it with balloons and hung it from the ceiling and I remember being terrified of it for like 2-3 years.

Did you know that Americans spend more money for Halloween every year than they do for Christmas?

Sounds familiar, if I didn't know that before I do now.

~Manly
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Wait, is your birthday on Halloween or the 30th?

It's tomorrow on the 30th, but some people like to do Halloween one day early.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Never really... But when I was like ten I went trick or treating with my friends and a bunch of high schoolers came up to us smoking vape and it was pretty scary tbh. Luckily one of my friend's sister knew one of them so theguy knew him and let us go...

mostly parties now

No, and that's a actually pretty mind blowing, I guess Americans don't do that much gift giving at Christmas.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Scary experiences? Sure, let's talk about last year when I yelled at a random man walking down the street. He was probably a kidnapper, but I scared him off by yelling and chucking those nasty Double Bubble things at him. Of course, that was probably scarier for him to be assaulted by some random girl, but I was obviously in grave danger, and I protected my friends from his menacing kidnapper hands.

I think mostly about the weather. I hope it won't rain. And then I think about it raining candy, so that's all right. I usually have some sort of arrangement with my friends, but this year they're all lazy or busy or or think they're too mature or something so I'm all by my lonesome. Better scare off more kidnappers.

People hardly care about Halloween decorations around where I live. Most things are just orange or red christmas lights, and there's always those houses that adorn themselves with fake spiderwebs and huge spiders and then that ONE house that's legitimately terrifying. Around here, it seems like people put up tons of Christmas decorations so they can summon snow in time for Christmas or something. Maybe it works. I'm usually in New York around Christmas.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Tfw you have to work on Halloween. Oh well..hopefully we should be breddy ded

EIGHT_GET = 5

DICE RESULTS
5 = EIGHT_GET
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Sorry if this is a little late, first time I'm using Internet Explorer.

Happy Halloween!!!

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Sorry if this is a little late, first time I'm using Internet Explorer.

Happy Halloween!!!

Did you have a point?
Showing 1-9 of 9