ForumsQuestsSushi Cat-a-pult Quests

70 45125
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Meow Meow Meow Quests. Meow Meow for Meow Meow Sushi Cat-a-pult.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17614/media/icon/1da1a6c637df021a424039636aa0c65a.png?v=1419007088
Moon Cat
Complete the game.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17614/media/icon/a940def5cbd1626dcd4b56539d65cf40.png?v=1419007123
Bird Bouncer
Bounce off 20 birds in one run.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17614/media/icon/6c847512e403b42e77b5e7b58536e4b9.png?v=1419007183
Shop-a-holic
Buy every upgrade from the shop.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17614/media/icon/1a448d634fb5942f0e0a19346db7d689.png?v=1419007234
Sushi Master
Get 10,000m on Sashimi Gardens endless mode.
Get 10,000m on Akami Beach endless mode.
Get 10,000m on Tokyo endless mode.
Reach max size then dont get hurt for 120 seconds.
Don't hit the ground for 120 seconds.
Hardness: Hard

• 70 Replies
trigon123
trigon123
1,279 posts
Herald

MEOWsome!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I get a growing sense that people are starting to dislike the game, due to the last implemented Quest for it... this is not a good thing... MEOW-NO!

Mephitisek
Mephitisek
2 posts
Count

No wonder. That quest is not hard skill wise but the 120 sec air time is 99% pure luck based and with some bugs like instadeath or helper firing on consuming the tornado sushi or what is it called or on slowing down in puddles (not stopping).

btw. i wonder if the person that implemented the quest did test it like 20 times via normal gameplay to ensure himself its fairly possible to do or just, like someone said in previous comments, just copied the requirements from burrito bison.

gyorokpeter
gyorokpeter
35 posts
Marquis

I was at about 6000 meters on the first level when I hit a birdhouse or such and then suddenly "Run complete" appears... I didn't want to complete it, I had a few bounces left so I would have definitely been able to go on.

10000 meters is ridiculous. It's so boring and repetitive. If you can go to about 2000 meters then that proves you could go to 10000 (if the game actually allows you and doesn't aribitrarily decide that your "run is complete&quot.

There is an indicator for each part, but you only see that once, and there is no way to review which parts you have completed later. Also I agree it would be useful to have some kind of "off the ground time" and "time without being hurt at maximum size" indicator if you don't have those parts of the quest yet.

mscalil
mscalil
3 posts
Scribe

I won't bother getting the last one. It's a nice game, but not worth the time to simply wait until it warns me I got it.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@MrDayCee, there was someone who stated something I have to agree on.
They said the quest wasn't hard at all, it just took a terribly long time.

In my opinion, I don't think people would even bother trying to get it because at that point in the game, there is not much else to do, and seeing as how it sounds more impossible when you read it, than it really is, it makes people not want to even try. Also the fact that they can obtain other quests from other games.

Meow-No!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I get a growing sense that people are starting to dislike the game, due to the last implemented Quest for it... this is not a good thing... MEOW-NO!

It takes too much control away from the player. Every other launch games gives the player more control than Sushi Cat-a-pult does. In Sushi Cat-a-pult, all the player can do is bounce after the initial launch. Most of the time you're just watching him slowly fall sideways. It's basically just a horizontal version of all the other Sushi Cat games. Sushi Cat doesn't have any boosters or glider wings or things to throw or shoot at Sushi Cat. You can't buy anything to increase the bouncy stuff on the ground, just increase Sushi Cat's bounciness.

The stop detection is even worse. Friend boost shouldn't activate while consuming Hurricane Sushi or even when Sushi Cat still has bounces. Losing a level shouldn't activate when Sushi Cat still has bounces.

Arkeyo
Arkeyo
148 posts
King

Well how about a nerf regarding the Master Sushi quest? There were nerfs in the past on quests that were easier to achieve than this one.

lion2002
lion2002
21 posts
King

Get Sushi master somehow after completing 10k on city endless. In fact, I didn't see the message about 120sec airtime completion.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
795 posts
Chamberlain

We've gone ahead and reduced the "stay in the air for 120s" part to "stay in the air for 45s". Enjoy!

vanerosa
vanerosa
73 posts
Duke

bad moment to have a vertical bounce
http://i57.tinypic.com/i424x1.jpg

Jasza676
Jasza676
225 posts
Count

You know what is the problem with the last quest - who wants to travel those bloody 10 000 meters... three separate times. It takes at least (optimistic) an hour to finish each of them. This reminds me of the "Mutant Stomp" quest from Road of the Dead 2 (which is one of the rarest quests of this website for a reason). But unlike "One Hundred Freaking Million", those quests actually require the player to monotonously &quotlay" the game for hours.

About the game itself, the great problem what I noticed is, that while the game wants you to go far away horizontally, most object knock you vertically instead. It is very hard to build momentum, and hitting anything that should be "helpful" actually slows you down, especially birds, whenever I get some more speed one of those flying *******s ruins all of this. Even the "Bounce" slows the player, as for some reason it has set velocity and angle, instead of adapting to the player's current speed.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Preach it, Jasza! I agree with you completely.

vanerosa
vanerosa
73 posts
Duke

Are pools and japonese´s bellies counted as part of the ground?

JoeyJazz
JoeyJazz
1 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry to break this to you, but Sushi Master quest is pointless. I'm surprised even 7 people devoted their time into getting it.

Showing 31-45 of 70