ForumsThe Tavern10 Years of Armor Games!

62 19889
realmton
realmton
241 posts
Jester

This year is the 10th anniversary of Armor Games!
A decade of games made for us gamers and a huge community. I really wonder how AG was 10 years ago...how it was looking? what games did it have? how many fans did it have?
All I want to say is Happy Birthday to this amazing gaming site and keep up the good work for Moderators,Knights,Developers,Gamers etc.
Stay awesome and stay the best!

• 62 Replies
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Hear, hear!

@Gantic
@Moegreche
@MrDayCee
@UnleashedUponMankind
@kegaumongo
@Ferret
@boppins
@Tasselfoot
@DannyAG

This is just some of the moderators and staff of AG that helped to make Armor Games the site that it is now.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Is it really? <3 AG

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

The first time I drove down to the Armor office was in Feb 2009, and started doing freelance work shortly thereafter... @LRoot started about a month or so before that. Before then it was only John and Dan... with it being just Dan for the first few years.

If you want to see what the site looked like back in 2005, check out: http://web.archive.org/web/20051013070059/http://armorgames.com/ That's from Oct 13th, 2005... the earliest entry in the wayback machine.

And, of course, before Armor was Armor, it was Games of Gondor. So you can see what that looked like, going back to March 26th, 2004: http://web.archive.org/web/20040326033329/http://www.gamesofgondor.com/ . The last working shot was also on Oct 13th, 2005... so that was the date the domain switched.

History!

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Tass has spoken!

In all seriousness, though, what kind of job skills do you need to qualify to work at Armor Games?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Games of Gondor....oh goodness, those were poignant days.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

My lord, I came here on 2008, and even before that the site has changed a whole lot. I love you AG team.

You guys literally fill the gaping hole in my day.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

It's hard to overstate how players that come back and play our games daily are what keep this website going, and keep developers creating amazing free content. I'm unsure if it is the exact birthday, @Tasselfoot when is the birthday? I want to know now.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

Well, I found out about this place in 2011 where I found raze on armor games while searching it on Google because I had found it on another website and I wanted to play it. I made an account the very next day. I was an AP farmer, which I'm not proud of. I then started becoming active in the forums in the start of 2015 (I knew about them, but I didn't post much) I tried to get as many quests as possible and... well, that's it.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

@Ferret I'd have to say Oct 13th... it's the last recorded day of GoG and the first recorded day of AG. I was already active in flash games by 2005, but not specifically with AG; any confirmation beyond what I've provided would have to come from @DannyAG

But very cool... I actually thought it was 2006, not 2005. So I learned something

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Tasselfoot So Oct 13th, 2015 - We should do something for our 10 year. That's exciting.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

Put it on the calendar! Woo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

So Oct 13th, 2015 - We should do something for our 10 year. That's exciting

All classic games frontpaged!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Freakenstein That's a fascinating idea. Or a complete throwback page. Haha.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Wow! 10 years already?! (Oo) My my... time flies!

I say it's time for festivities on October 13th 2015!!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I've been part of it for 4 years and 3 months!

Showing 1-15 of 62