ForumsForum GamesUtterly Random and Probably Crazy || Sign-Up and Character Creation Thread.

65 18186
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to Utterly Random and Probably Crazy. Please keep your wits about you, as this is not unlike the Keymettic Arena, but unlike the Keymettic Arena, I will actually tell you how things work a little bit. Unfortunately, this may be of little help. Please keep the following in mind:

1. This might be one of the stupidest forum games you will play.
2. You probably have no idea what is going on here.
3. Forum rules still apply here.
4. Please use OOC if you are not in-character.
5. Anyone may join at any time.

STATS
You are a Focresacunaut. As a Focresacunaut, you have four base FRAP stats: FOC, RES, ACU, and PHO. Each of the FRAP stats are important in their own way. Each stat may have more than one use.

FOC - FOC is equivalent to KEY. It is your attack stat.
RES - RES is equivalent to MET. It is your endurance stat.
ACU - ACU is equivalent to TIC. It is your agility stat.
PHO - PHO is a special stat that cannot be above 6.

In addition to your four base stats are three derived stats: Fatigue [= (FOC + RES)*4], Health [= RES * 5], and Stress [PHO].
- Fatigue points show your energy. Each strenuous action will decrease your total fatigue points. You cannot move if your fatigue points reach 0.
- Health points show your health. Your character cannot die in this experiment, but there are worse things than death if your Health reaches 0.
- Stress points show how unstressed you are. Stress is the same as your PHO stat. Every time you fail a PHO roll, and you will fail PHO rolls, you loose one stress point. Each turn you stay at 0 stress, you will lose 5 Health.

GAMEPLAY
You may come across various challenges. You don't have any particularly useful skills, so your base stats will have to do. Character-to-character actions (such as combat, pickpocketing, or social interactions) check your roll against an opponent's stats. The higher your roll the better. Solo actions (involving skills, of which you have none) check your roll against your own stats. The lower your roll the better.

CHARACTER CREATION
If you choose to enroll in this experiment,
1. Roll 3 [3d6] and assign the points to FOC, RES, and ACU.
2. Roll 1 [1d6] for your PHO.
3. Fill out your character name. It does not have to be your username. Age and background are optional. Your background should reflect your phobia.
4. Choose one of the following phobias:
-Social (crowds and public speaking)
-Heights
-Creature (Spiders or Snakes or something else, needs to be cleared with me)
-Germs and Dirt
-Tight spaces
-Dark
-Ghosts
-Clowns and Dolls
-Death
-Your Mom or Dad
-Something of your choice. It needs to be cleared with me.

CHARACTER SHEET
Name: (character name)
Phobia: (mandatory)
Background: (optional)
-----
Hands:
Main:
Off:
Armor:
Head: nothing (0)
Torso: shirt (0)
Legs: pants (0)
-----
Base stats:
FOC: / RES: / ACU: / PHO:
Fatigue: (FOC+RES)*4
Health: RES*5
Stress: PHO

EQUIPMENT
Equipment will come at a later time.

• 65 Replies
danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

If you loose control of an airplane and it starts crashing down,can you fly back up?Nope.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Is your character a dragon or an airplane?

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Is your character a dragon or an airplane?

My point still stands.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Your point is applying an analogy using a fixed-wing aircraft vs a non-fixed wing flying creature. If he loses control and starts crashing down and can't fly back up, then he should be equally afraid while flying as when not flying, or even more afraid of flying than of heights.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Why not go with fear of landing. That, at least, makes some sense.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

fixed-wing aircraft vs a non-fixed wing flying creature.

What if his wing was damadged?

Why not go with fear of landing. That, at least, makes some sense.

Kinda what i was going for,but k.
danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

considering a flying animal that can't fly.

He has a fear of crash-landing.There,how about that?

Note:beforehand my brain wasn't really up to par quite frankly.You could probably tell but whatevs.
And if that makes no sense either,Ima take a break from AG.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I think your character has a fear of failing more than falling or crashing. Failing to fly and failing to land. It'll make for slightly different game play that most people, since no one chose a social phobia yet.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Failing to fly and failing to land. It'll make for slightly different game play that most people, since no one chose a social phobia yet.

Okay.Sounds resonable.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I can revert to my fear of strom again. That'll make things socially "different." Maybe I can become a stronger person by overcoming that fear. Or maybe not. I mean, she did kill me in the previous game.

The reasons it will severely cripple your character is because StormWalker is psychotic and you will be the first to find out what happens at 0 Health. Are you sure you want to change your phobia?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

You can be afraid of me anyway, just don't classify it as a phobia. Problem solved.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@09philj, @danwar123, @Darkfire45, @MattEmAngel, @nivlac724, @red303, @StormWalker:

The game thread is up. The prologue is up. It is optional, but it can only be completed before the game starts.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Can i join ? Or is closed already c:
Edit : nvm, im gonna make a character right away

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

CHARACTER SHEET
Name: Zero Furrbone
Phobia: Mosquitos and all bity small insects( They are really scary D
Background: Zero is a Furry Hes species is a Jackalope althrough he really can change his form :3 Usually likes to look like a bunny because it doesn't have the horns Also he has some really big problems with mosquitos since they are so tiny yet so so so so so many.... and they drink your blood like vampires! EVEN WHEN YOU SLEEP!
-----
Hands:
Main:
Off:
Armor:
Head: nothing (0)
Torso: shirt (0)
Legs: pants (0)
-----
Base stats:
FOC:10 / RES:14 / ACU:7 / PHO:6
Fatigue: 96