ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226360
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hypnotic Magic

I can use magic for some kind of mind control. The only user is some weird dragon thing from My Little Pony. How fun.

Kinetic Force Redirection

I can redirect kinetic energy attacks back to the user. For example if someone shoots at me, the bullet will reflect back. Awesome!

Giant Weapon Proficiency

I'm a professional at using giant weapons. So I'm Cloud from Final Fantasy.

I can use hypnotic magic and using giant weapons. I can also redirect kinetic force.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Enhanced Sawmanship
This is pretty cool. Basically a proficiency...in chainsaws! And other sawed weapons Except it comes with far more (in both number and awesomeness) applications than a normal proficiency. It includes Adoptive Muscle Memory (replicating moves by watching them) and multiple types of weaponry (divine, demonic, magic, soul-bound etc.).

Pyrokinetic Shapeshifting
Well, I can transform into my fire elemental form... I suppose my combat abilities are dependent on that form but also have something to do with fire. Oh well. Can't be too bad.

Humility Manipulation
The power to manipulate the humility of others. I can even make constructs from Humility (????????????) and possess limited Mind Control from my altering capabilities.

Today I am a chainsaw wielding, fire elemental, shapeshifting god of modesty. A pretty good set, especially if I can make my enemies let their guards down before slicing them with the saw xD

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Time Vortex Creation
The ability to generate a tornado of temporal energy (tss, 'temporal energy'...). May be used for offensive or defensive purposes. Potential limitation: may not be able to generate temporal energy. Underwhelming.

Fallen Angel Physiology
So, I may still have some angelic powers, though weakened; or I may have lost all of my angelic powers. I may also have a mix of both angelic and demonic powers, or even have turned entirely into a demon.

Cosmic-Earth Manipulation
I, fail to see the real difference between this and plain old Earth Manipulation... what it says is that I can manipulate all earthly matter in the cosmos, so basically anything that is not gaseous and/or stellar. Why is this a separate power?!

To sum up: I am a fallen angel with the powers to generate time vortices and manipulate all earthly matter in the cosmos. Despite my nagging about each power, the combination turns out pretty powerful after all.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Rarity_ManipulationRarity Manipulation

I can manipulate the rareness and worth of anyone and anything. Sounds useful. I think I've found a way to fund my crusade for world domination xD

Rhinoceros Physiology
I share some characteristics, or can transform into a Rhino. Applications include the ability to charge, decelerated aging, enhanced smelling, endurance, etc.

(Illusionary Environment - Got it before, #skipped)

Causality Manipulation
I can literally decide what happens, when and how by manipulating the relation between something's cause and its effect. I don't even need a reason to make something happen. General Applications include ALL Almighty Powers, all creations, all destructions, all manipulations and all enhancements, with the added bonus of causality powers like causality perception, negation and reversal. Even reflective immutability, which means I am immune to alterations by transferring them to others.

Even at a low level of control, with this power I have Death Manipulation, Destiny Manipulation, Ability Creation, Adaptive Replication (replicating powers of objects and beings to adapt) and variable manipulation. At the Master and the Unlimited Level, I can warp reality, create my own universe even (Grand Design Construction). The only limitations are opponents with Causality Immunity or Causality Negation. Additionally, some applications may require precise knowledge about their effects in order to avoid potential catastrophes... BUT WHO CARES!? THIS IS AWESOME

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

I'm too lazy to write so I clicked only once:

Sapient Race Creation
Well, I guess I'm not too lazy for this power. I can create new races from scratch and control them. Too bad they can become independent of my control...
Naw, who cares! I can create as many races as I want!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Beast Lordship

I'm the lord over all beasts. I don't know if this counts humans but I'm going to pretend it doesn't. But aside from that, this is a pretty cool power. I can even transform into animals if I don't want to bother with controlling them.

White Arts

I can use the white arts, which is basically holy magic like healing, purifying, defensive magic, etc. Nothing offense unless I'm going up against someone impure.

Seal Creation

I can create seals that can have a variety of affects. Like restriction, power bestowal, binding, etc. A pretty nice power.

So I'm the Lord of Beasts who is capable of white magic and seal creation. Pretty nice I guess.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Power Headbutt

Like it says, I have a powerful headbutt. Although if my skull isn't strong enough I could break it.

Nether Physiology

My body is completely made of nether. This power comes with a lot of manipulations and other powers such as being Amortal, meaning I was never alive and cannot die as I'm technically already dead.

Devolution

I can devolve beings. Such as converting a human back to being a cell. Sweet!

I'm a nether being, able to devolve beings and with a powerful headbutt. This is a nice set.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Weapon Creation

I can create weapons. Obviously this is very useful.

Tanuki Physiology

I'm a shapeshifting raccoon. That's... interesting... I mean it's useful but it's sort of random.

Omnipotence Embodiment

Are you freaking kidding me? I had this months ago. I understand that this is probably the most powerful superpower, but I can't help but feel mad about this.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Horn Protrusion
I have horns. Simple as that.

Genetic Traits
Possessing genetically unique traits that may give me certain abilities or powers... can it get any more generic than this?

Weird Attack
... yes, actually, it can. Apparently, weird attacks aren't even supposed to work. "Sometimes the attacks work if their enemies are morons themselves." Lol.

Sooo, I am a weird horned person with unique genetic traits. I already had better days than this.

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Acid Vortex Creation

cause its really neat

Reality Warping

cause i really would love to have it

Destiny Manipulation

would be really cool to change our and others destiny

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I'm a shapeshifting raccoon. That's... interesting... I mean it's useful but it's sort of random.
Raccoon dog. It isn't the same thing.

Mine are:
Kresnik Physiology - Astral projection in some animal form or other that specializes in exterminating vampires.
Death Song - Talk your ears off.
Gas Merging - Apparently this is the ability to dissolve into any gaseous medium. Not really sure how practical that is without a means of propulsion.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Sense of Strength

I can detect a person's powers, strengths, weaknesses, and skills. For something that doesn't shoot or whatever, this is pretty dang useful.

Perfume Magic

I can perform magic dealing with perfume. Well... could be worse I guess.

Mathematics Physiology

I am mathematics. Well the applications look pretty good so... sweet!

I'm a mathematical equation that can sense someone's strength and use perfume magic.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

Atomic Resistance

I am resistant (but not immune) to atomic attacks. This is pretty much useless because it's not the atomic energy that kills you in a nuclear explosion. Plus I can still get shot, stabbed, punched, and so on. Moving on.

Dark Beam Emission

As the name suggests, I can emit beams of dark energy. This is extremely useful since dark energy is currently a mystery. I'll use this power to help scientists uncover the nature of dark energy.

Probabilistic Equilibrium

This, combined with a strong understanding of logic, might be the most powerful ability there is. Since most events are not 2-outcome ones (a variety of outcomes are logically possible), this must mean that I can somehow dictate the relevant outcomes to get a 50/50 shot for 1 of the outcomes. This, at least, is how I'm taking the entry. With a little bit of luck, I could literally destroy the entire universe.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Projective Omnilingualism
What this means is that I can literally project omnilingualism, by emitting a field around me within which all languages are automatically translated. Could be very useful when I'm on vacation in a foreign country; or I may apply as master translator for big politic meetings or stuff like that.

Replication
I can make perfect copies of objects and beings including myself, and control my copies with a hive mind. I could infiltrate various governments, rise to the top, and control the whole world by myselves (get it?).

Malefic Attacks
Could also be simply called 'Evil Attacks', lol. I can make a wide variety of energy attacks using malefic energy.

Well well, looks like today I am a sort of personification of the Illuminati myth. I can replicate myself over and over, talk with and understand pretty much anyone, and do evi- er, malefic stuff. The world is mine, as long as I can prevent Moe from destroying the universe.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Poisonous Aura

I'm surrounded by an aura of poison. Somehow it gives me flight and I might not be immune to the effects. Oh good...

Oil Empowerment

I get stronger from oil. I assume they mean crude oil and not stuff like vegetable oil. Not very exciting.

Simulation Manipulation

I can manipulate simulations, which includes putting someone in a simulation. I guess this is like creating a dream, except the victims are awake. Also this power doesn't have pictures or users so I have nothing to base this off of.

I have poisonous aura, get stronger from oil, and I manipulate simulations. This is definitely not a good set.

Showing 436-450 of 685