ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226186
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Draconic Infusion

Cosmic Energy Physiology

Electrokinetic Invisibility

These powers are starting to seem a lot less interesting as I keep getting variations of the same powers. Tomorrow I'm going to try something new.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Jactitation

This is kind of lame. So I can use kinetic energy to make myself immune from being immobilized. That does almost nothing for me.

Time Perception Manipulation

So I can change someone's view on time by either speeding or slowing time. Alright, that's pretty cool.

Adaptive Armor

I have armor that can adapt to lots of situations. That's extremely useful.

So I'm a swiss army knife able to manipulate perceptions on time and immune to being immobilized.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Today I'm going through 10 powers and picking my favorite one. Not necessarily the most powerful or the most interesting, just the one I like the most. By the way, had I gone with my first three I'd be an archangel nephilim who's really good at driving combat vehicles.

Most were rather uninteresting, but Plant Enhancement can be a very versatile power when used right.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I can transform myself into SCP-049.Sadly just for decoration.

It says the following in Contagion Embodiment:

The user may influence madness or fear to emotions, which is useful in combat.
So it isn't for decoration, the picture and small text below it will not explain everything. If it says psychology and not embodiment, then that's a whole different story.

Enhanced Vision

This is an actually very useful power. It can be x ray vision, night vision, death vision, astral vision, etc. There's a lot of things this one can do.

Key to the Door

Yeah... that's very useless unless I can access some all-powerful device.

True Lover's Kiss

I can overcome any outside force with a kiss from who I love most. This is a cheesy one. Plus if my lover dies it becomes useless.

So I am a key guy who has awesome eyes and can gain 'power' by true love.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Desired Ability Manifestation - I guess I win, then.
Energy Drain - Redundant, but nifty.
Mental Healing - Redundant but still redundant.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

So...use art, literature and music to annoy opponents, then when they punch me I absorb the damage and hit them back.

What if someone is not annoyed by art, music or literature?

Binding

The usefulness of this power is in its ability to combine well with others.

Obsession Empowerment

*sigh* Can I for once get a set that doesn't involve stupid powers?

Metal Manipulation

Ok this is interesting... But the bad thing is that none of these combines well enough with the binding...I had higher hopes

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Today's most interesting power is Transcendent Science. All sorts of ways to use it, but mostly it just seems to come across as a Deus Ex Machina power.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Actually @Janmega03 , You can infuse a being or an object with death, not induce it. You can only empower your weapons or other beings so that they cause (instant) Death.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Still pretty op when you infuse it into a sniper rifle or something

Nothing is OP when it comes to the Superpower wiki. I've seen powers like Omni-Negation or Ultimate Burning.

Elemental Wall Generation

I suppose it is ok.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Not one single power is a good combo with the others.Pretty bad.

Join the club

I can control the courage of someone.Don't know what to do with it.

You can make someone not want to fight you by nullifying his courage. You can, in a sense make them fear the battle with you! Pretty useful if you ask me

Ok, I am going for a run as well

Elemental Infusion

Since we clarified what death infusion means, it is not hard to guess what this is

Almighty Infusion

Finally two powers that combine greatly! I can infuse almighty force into anything.

Friction Negation

I suppose it is somewhat useful. I can negate friction while hitting my target and then watch him fly after a single blast

Cold Aversion Inducement

The power to make others weaker to cold temperatures. Excellent power when combined with the infusions, even though somewhat unnecessary given that I can simply infuse almighty Ice force on my weapon anyway!

Particle Energy Manipulation

I suppose nuclear explosions are part of this too. Imagine infusing them with almighty force

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I thought I'll do another run after a while of not gambling for new powers.

Umbrakinetic Whip Generation: Basically I can create whips out of darkness and shadows. Pretty decent I guess.

Aerokinetic Cloning: Creating clones of myself from air and wind. Consideing how abundant air is, this is pretty average.

Cherubim Physiology: Okay. No. Just no. I don't want this at all. I'll just look ridiculous with this.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Voodoo Doll Creation

Welp, that's all I need to be OP.

Adhesion

Well... I could attach swords to my arms.

Illusion Manipulation

So much I could do with this.

I'm a voodoo person able to attach things together and create illusions.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Actually, that's a really good one @Darkfire45. Just look at the capability description:

Being high-ranking angelic beings, it is likely that they don't have any true, fixed form, which explains both the difficulty and variety of how they are described.

I got:
Health Manipulation
Pure Earth Manipulation
Multi Strike

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Today's arbitrary selection seems to have turned out fairly well.
Demonic Power Immunity
Shapeshifting
Universal Force Manipulation

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Here's my power for today. I think the forum might censor me if I actually write it.

A close second was Hellfire manipulation, but when ^that one came up at the end I knew I couldn't choose any other. I also found out that the wiki lists Mortality as a super power.

Showing 76-90 of 685