ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 225640
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Consumption Psychometry

I learn the history of anything I eat. I can basically correct history books just by eating the bones of a famous person. Although that's gross.

Religion Embodiment

Just as long as people believe in something, I get strong. I can also use attacks pertaining to faith.

Sloth Manipulation

You know, this kind of works with the second one. I can make myself the God of Laziness and since I can obviously prove the laziness part, people might believe me. All who oppose shall die.

So yeah, I'm the God of Laziness who can also tell the history of anything I eat. Not too shabby.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Parasite Creation

I will rule the world with worms and xenomorphs.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Let's see what I got today.

Discipline Embodiment

I'm the embodiment of discipline... weak.

Aura Absorption

Alright, a useful power indeed.

Unfettered Body

Ok, now this one is really cool. Not only can I live forever, I can also be unharmed by physical attacks, including diseases. The only things that can touch me are psychic, soul, and a few other powers with attacks.

I'm basically an immortal embodiment of discipline and I can absorb other people's aura.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

My brain almost crashes trying to figure out the pronunciation of this one

boy-an-see

It's a common word if you spend any time around bodies of water, but it does have a somewhat odd spelling. You should check your links though. Looks like you screwed them up. Or you're a very clever spam bot.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Absorbing Replication
I could already stop there. Apart from cosmic/divine powers, this is probably one of the most powerful superpower ever.

Almighty Infusion
Imagine what I could do by infusing my absorbing replication power with the infinity force. I could render my armor and weapons perfect. Nothing could stand in my way!

Contagion Embodiment
Meh. The first two combined are already so powerful that making my opponents sick and mad seems insignificant in comparison.

Anyway, bring it on!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Id Embodiment

Also known as the devil on your shoulder that tries to influence someone to do bad things. Ok... that could have some use I guess.

Plant Kingdom Embodiment

Another embodiment power. I assume I can control plants with this.

Spine Manipulation

I control spines... wonderful...

I'm a shoulder devil with the embodiment of all plants and the ability to manipulate spines.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I rolled before but I lost it and I can't be bothered digging through my history to find them. They were terrible anyway. Anyway, here's my current powers:

Peak Human Accuracy: Basically, I can aim anywhere with an object and be able to hit my target. Of course, I might miss but that's pretty rare.

Plant Enhancement: Basically I can strengthen or create plants and even resurrect them but can't control them. Lame.

Geometric Physiology: What a complete and utter joke. I don't want to be made out of shapes and I see no reason as to the usefulness of it.

So to sum it all up, I'm a shape which can create, revive and enhance plants and have extremely good accuracy.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

So to sum it all up, I'm a shape which can create, revive and enhance plants and have extremely good accuracy.

At least you can enhance plants from afar

I control spines... wonderful...
You can actually kill or at least paralyze any vertebrate on the planet with this...so yeah, pretty good

Imagine what I could do by infusing my absorbing replication power with the infinity force. I could render my armor and weapons perfect. Nothing could stand in my way!

I got it too before. It is very well combined with other infusion powers!

As for my new roll, well, here it is.
Dark Light Manipulation

Basically I can manipulate the darker more destructive aspects of light which ignore most of the limitations of normal light. Ok its name and description are utterly lame, but it is a pretty good power given that Lilith from "Supernatural" was a user (according to the page, she used it once to destroy an entire building)

Power Mimicry Immunity

So no one can duplicate my powers for his/her use.

Unholy Territory

I can create a dark area which damages/destroys and corupts everything within. The word "Territory" suggest I can do it in a very large scale. I like it (even if the name is utterly lame)

Spiritual Healing

Pretty much self explanatory

I don't want to ruin the set, so I'll stop here

In conclusion, I am a very dark being who can inflict pain, destruction, corruption on a large scale, mentally heal himself or others (surprising for the dark side), immune to attempts to copy my powers and able to manipulate the "dark light" (If I ever understand how it works). At least war, pain and destruction are abundant with this build. *thumbs up*

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Temporal Presence

I can exist in the past, present, and future at the same time. According to the capabilities I can have boundless knowledge. That's cool.

Temptation Embodiment

I can grow stronger through temptation. Alright, that's fine.

Haemokinetic Whip Generation

I can make whips with my own blood. That's also cool.

I'm the embodiment of temptation with boundless knowledge and whips made of my own blood.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Canyon Creation

Nice... though canyons isn't my preference.

Berserker Physiology

no just no. I prefer to be on control, thanks.

Jolt Inducement

what is even

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Ultimate Intangibility

I can touch whatever I want but my enemies can't touch me even while I'm making contact with something. There are a couple powers I've seen that could counter this, but otherwise it's pretty impressive. I just need to resist the urge to constantly do the Hammer Dance while using this power. I could see myself walking around with a sledgehammer and making constant references to that song during a fight.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Banishment

I'm the new mod, nice to meet all of you.

Illusion Manipulation

Again? I just had this a few tries back. Cool power anyway.

Fire Bullet Projection

I can create bullets made of fire. That's pretty awesome.

I can banish people, create illusions, and make bullets out of fire.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Magma Regeneration

...why i'd get something so useless?

Cosmic Constructs

Great! Might make up for that.

Explosive Proficiency

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

And then I'll...! Um....

One of these three doesn't really jive well with the other two.

That 'transcendent nephalem physiology' sounds really powerful, though.

Alright, here are my three powers for today:

Technorganic Physiology
So, cyborg. Great potential.

Destabilization
I can literally bring everything out of balance, destabilize matter, people, powers, attacks, the very fundaments of the universe. DOOM.

Flash Step
I am faster than the eye.

I am a cyborg with the speed of Flash and I throw everything out of balance. Neat!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

That destabilization power sounds overly power without being adequately explained (what it is, how it works mostly). Many powers are like this.

Anyway, my roll for today is:

Betrayal Empowerment

I become more powerful with lies and betrayals, either mine or others'. Suiting my dark side.

Protogenoi Physiology

I, like the protogenoi (the first beings in the universe) am immortal. Some would even say I AM creation. Every Protogenos can create life, manipulate power and is basically a primordial entity. After that, it depends on the "type". Given my dark side, I am more likely able to manipulate Chaos (i.e. Embody Chaos, Oblivion, manipulate Nothingness and I have the power of Nonexistence). Pretty powerful. I would link everything but not even I read them all.

Precognitive Power Replication

I can see the future and copy any power seen in that future. So aside from my all-powerful form as a Protogenos, I can copy other powers as well. Neat don't you think?

Word Manifestation

I can manifest spoken words into actual objects/things. I know it sounds stupid but it can be very useful (saying "fire" creates a fire for example!)

So I am a very powerful primordial god which forms the essence of creation, becomes more powerful with lies and betrayals, can see the future and copy powers I've seen and manifest spoken words into actual things. YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Showing 91-105 of 685