ForumsThe TavernAnd another classic AG glitch. Or an update?

63 19683
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Well i'm sure you can see what just happened I think it's an update it might be a glitch. I created this for two reasons. One: a mod's/admin's verification that this is or is not an update. Two: to talk about the changes made in this update. (If it is an update.)

• 63 Replies
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I'll be completely honest but the new forums feel less like a forum and more like a commenting system. Also, it appears that the mods, knights and admins have lost their text colour privileges.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Also, it appears that the mods, knights and admins have lost their text colour privileges.

Aww boo. Now how will users mistake me for a moderator?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

@boppins

Did something happen with the URLS? I had some old AG links in my Chrome favs, but they lead to dead ends now.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

@nichodemus can you post an example link? I'll see what I can do.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Well, I had this link from long ago. I use it as a quick link to AG from my homepage normally, but it started to go haywire after the update.

Actually, after clicking the links from email mentions (including those from a few days before), I think most old URLs don't work anymore. The email link I just got after you called me out did though.

As R2 said as well, the hidden Forums have disappeared, though that's not really urgent for now.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Well, I had this link from long ago. I use it as a quick link to AG from my homepage normally, but it started to go haywire after the update.

Actually, after clicking the links from email mentions (including those from a few days before), I think most old URLs don't work anymore. The email link I just got after you called me out did though.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@boppins As you can see, the post system is also messed up, with my post appearing twice, and nicho's post appearing thrice. In fact I even tried to delete my second post but I couldn't.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Minor note but at the top of the reply box, instead of 'Reply to (Thread Name)' it's 'Reply to Initial Post Title Goes Here'. Also, there are no golden coins any more.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Additionally (I know I post them one at a time, but I need to discover them before posting first), there is no "last post" link, like in the old website next to the threads. You can't get directly to the very last post, you have to click the thread, click "Last page" and then scroll down to see the last post. This is somewhat impractical. @boppins

Testing Dice and Coin features here:

3d8=12

Random Coin Flip = Heads

DICE RESULTS
12 = 3d8
COIN RESULTS
Random Coin Flip
Heads
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Refreshing causes double posting and editing isn't shown.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Actually, @R2D21999 and @nichodemus, "The Closed Council" still works for me but does not show up in the community page but when I go directly typing out the link, all those forums are still there.

@boppins, please see what can be done regarding the inclusion of the "last post" button in the forums and the colored text and golden coins for knights/mods/admins. But, I do feel happy for the new update. Another suggestion - Instead of proving link to the mods in the main page which has links to different forums, I feel providing them in all forum pages where are threads are listed would be better because it would be easier to report spam. Is the 30 second time limit for posting in the forums is removed forever, @boppins? The CSRF security fail page keeps popping up for me every time I try to post in a thread. So, sometimes, it may tend to annoy users... Will there no longer be date/time stamps for editing posts? And, is a deleted post detectable by admins?

I also feel that putting up that warning text net to the submit button and the Formatting Help button is very good and helpful!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Haha I don't have the direct link to it so I wouldn't know for now.

I like the preview button and the listing options, should be nifty in the WERP. ^^

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

The base URLs are the same, but pre-update links to pages won't work because a change was made to the way pages show up in the URL.

Your link went here: http://armorgames.com/community/thread/4550615/dont-like-ads-dont-click-here/page/1

The new URL for that page is this: http://armorgames.com/community/thread/4550615/dont-like-ads-dont-click-here?page=1

In fact, any pre-update link to a specific page of a thread can be fixed by changing the 2nd to last slash to a ? and the last slash to an = sign.

Edit: The last poster bug is not yet fixed.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Will there no longer be date/time stamps for editing posts?

It looks like editing is still limited to 10 minutes for non-mods as I can't edit a post I made 32 minutes ago. That time limit doesn't apply to deleting one's own posts.

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

BTW, I don't think we should be able to see the Moderation forums, should we?

Discuss running the Armor Games site. Only visible to moderators and admins!
Showing 16-30 of 63