ForumsForum GamesHow Gantic Are You? S3 | Is Over!

119 55082
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to How Gantic Are You? the quiz thread game show that measures your Gantessence. This is a highly accurate patented process. Get ready to prove your Ganticness with Gantickery and Ganticisms. Are you a Ganticable Gantoid? or a Ganticious Gantian? Find out now!

Sign-ups are open until 10-20 spots are filled or 1 week passes, whichever happens first. Please do not drop out in the middle of it. Sign-ups will be open from September 1st to September 7th. While signing up, please wager the amount of Gantic Points that you are the most Gantic of all Gantestants.

Gantestants will be scored with Gantic Points up to the final round.
Gantestants with low Gantic Points at the end of the round may be eliminated.
Gantestants may complete secret challenges to win bonus Gantic Points.

In Season 3, things will be the same but different! Are you ready to Gantic?

ROSTER
all MattEmAngel
12 jimmycarlos
∞ akshobhya
1 ScrewTheLag
20 Doombreed
log(12!) FishPreffered
30 Patrick2011
-1000000000 Swarmlord2
35 cobbcannon3423
_____
[Season 1] | [Season 2]

• 119 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Aether: the fifth Greek element; the fluid through which planets flow, well beyond the uppermost reaches of air.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

There are multiple definitions. It is also the name of a primordial Greek deity of the upper air.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

SCORING
Judgment for this round will be a little different, because of how the scoring works. Some thoughts:

1. @FishPreferred: You are only partially close to the correct answer, which is odd, considering, but not specific enough.
2. Most Gantestants did not answer the first question which was worth 10 points.
3. Catfish is the correct answer. Why? The preference question is "Which type of -fish do you prefer?" There was a theme to the answers where the question wasn't what the "choices" appeared to be. The "shapes" question? PlayStation controller buttons.
4. Bonus 4 is the opposite of what most people took it as, because the answer is stupidly emphasized. Judging by how the points were shorted, this really means only MattEmAngel and FishPreferred scored points for Bonus 4.
5. I don't think anyone approached Bonus 2, 3, and 4 correctly. Super un-Gantic behavior. This has one drastic effect: Is FishPreferred first or third? Everyone else was relatively the same.
6. Patrick2011 doesn't have any points and should have been eliminated. You can see a residual error in my scoring post after I moved Patrick2011 to the non-eliminated section.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/HGRU%20R2%20Score_zpsajmrizfk.png

Doombreed +0 +10 +10 +25 +20 = 65
Bonus Points for
posting within 1 day
an actual point breakdown
following the layout, mostly. Where's ELIMINATED?

jimmycarlos +0 +0 +10 +10 +25 = 45
Bonus Points for
posting within 1 day
a point breakdown
following the layout

FishPreferred +10 +10 +0 +25 +25 = 70
Bonus Points for
answering yes to that question that was clearly 10 points
a point breakdown
following the layout

Swarmlord2 +0 +60 +0 +25 +15 = 100
Bonus Points for
a point breakdown
somewhat following the layout. Two things missing are bolded titles and the way points are laid out.

MattEmAngel +10 +60 +0 +10 +20 = 105
Bonus Points for
answering 'yes' to that question that was clearly 10 points
part of a point breakdown, but missing most of it
somewhat following the layout. The way point are laid out is missing.

@akshobhya, @cobbcannon3423: You have both been eliminated for non-participation in this round. You wagered ∞ and 35 Gantic Points that you were the most Gantic. Unfortunately, this is not true. Your final scores are 20-∞ and 5.

@jimmycarlos: Unfortunately, as the Gantestant that scored the least amount of Gantic Points in the round, you have been eliminated. You wagered 12 Gantic Points that you were the most Gantic. Your final score is 63. Thank you for your participation! Better luck next year.

STANDINGS
140 MattEmAngel
130 Swarmlord2
110 FishPreferred
105 Doombreed

ELIMINATED
00063 jimmycarlos
00005 cobbcannon3423
-00001 ScrewTheLag
-00030 Patrick2011
-∞+020 akshobhya

ROUND 3 will be posted later.

jimmycarlos
jimmycarlos
204 posts
King

^ I've made the stupidest error in the whole history of this game. *Double facepalm.* Best of luck to everyone else, may the best Gantic win.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Well, I won't pretend, your elimination is a good thing for me I would have been the lowest if you didn't make that mistake xD

Still, no worries. There's always next season You can try then.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

ROUND 3
ROUND 3 is a creative round related to Forum Games.

Create a contest based on a Forum Game.

50 Gantic Points will be awarded for choosing a forum game that I would consider.
50 Gantic Points will be awarded for fleshing out the rules.
10 Gantic Points will be awarded for including a submission deadline.
No credit will be awarded for using a contest that already exists.
No credit will be awarded for using a forum game that does not exist.

50 Bonus Points will be awarded for choosing a specific forum game. There's only one forum game that would award these points.
50 Bonus Points will be awarded for choosing the specific type of contest associated with the above.

A maximum of 210 Gantic Points can be earned this round. The Gantestant with the lowest cumulative score will be eliminated, unless Gantestants are eliminated for non-participation. In the event that multiple Gantestants tie for the the lowest cumulative score, all will move on to a penultimate double-elimination round.

You have two weeks to submit your entry. You may not change the forum game or the contest type after you submit it. However, you may modify the rules and make corrections as you see fit.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

This looks tough... What I wonder is whether it is a contest based upon what already occurs during a forum game (such as most heads in SirLegendary's coin flip game, or best answer in you're banned) or a contest created with the forum game as the main basis (such as an elimination form of the random number generator if there is a certain roll).

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

En-rhyming O'er the Count

Assemble a rhyming poem from old CT100 posts. The poem must be at least 10 lines long and have at least 10 sources. It must also actually rhyme at least most of the time. For reasons which should be obvious, any unoriginal poem or song (like Jabberwocky or Big Rock Candy Mountains) will be automatically disqualified. Using posts that are newer than the start of this contest is forbidden.

The judges will be looking for the most funny, poetic, coherent, and imaginative poems within the following categories:

1. Best Consecutively Numbered Poem
2. Best Poem From Only 2 Pages
3. Best Mod-Post Only Poem
4. Best Poem Overall

NOTE: Be sure to provide links to whatever pages you took lines from. Unsourced poems will not even be considered for categories 2 and 3.
NOTE: All poems will be entered in every category for which they qualify, but the same poem cannot win more than one award.

The deadline for submission is October 7.
Prizes will be determined by the admin.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

There's a little over a week left.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

ADDENDUM: Lines can be cut short, but cannot be addedd to or segmented. As an example:

4. I have a great idea but will have to wait till it hits 12:00.

Valid
4. I have a great idea but will have to wait

Invalid
4. I have a great idea but wait till it hits 12:00.
Or
4. a great idea hits but will have to wait till I have it.
Or
4. I have a great idea but will have to wait till it hits 12:00 of tomorrow's date.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

30 word story

Those who enter this competition must create the best possible story that they can, from 10 different posts from last three letters into three new words. The 10 chosen posts can be in any order, from any page. page number must be listed. Entrants will be scored on average variation in page numbers, coherency of story, theme and how good the story is overall.

Submissions must be in by 31st of October.

Entr

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Ignore that 'Entr'. It was an accident which I didn't notice.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

ADDENDUM: I'm not sure if this will have any bearing upon the game, but I'm changing the deadline to October 20 in case Gantic wants to use this in another round.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Updates to this thread will come tomorrow, but @Doombreed is obviously eliminated for non-participation.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I would have gone with Draw that Cheese Slap, which would have been a Slap the Cheese (+50) drawing (+50) contest.

SCORING
I would not choose a Forum Game that I don't even play. (+50)
Rules are like free points. (+50)
So is the deadline. (+10)

FishPreferred +50 +50 +10 = 110
swarmlord2 +0 +50 +10 = 60
MattEmAngel +0 +50 +10 = 60

Doombreed gets no ceremony for squeaking into the quarter finals and then not participating.

STANDINGS
220 FishPreferred
200 MattEmAngel
190 Swarmlord2

ELIMINATED
00085 Doombreed
00063 jimmycarlos
00005 cobbcannon3423
-00001 ScrewTheLag
-00030 Patrick2011
-∞+020 akshobhya

Who's ready for ROUND 4? Guess what? You get to vote for ROUND 4! Submit your collective vote by the end of the week on what ROUND 4 should be. Each ROUND has a different style. Vote for the style you want. If no majority agreement is made by the end of the week, the style of ROUND 4 will be decided for you (and there are many choices for me to choose from. ) Control your fate! It's what Gantic would do.

BONUS BONUS ROUND! The first of the remaining Gantestants who can guess the final prize of the Season 3 before ROUND 4 starts can skip to the finals.

Showing 76-90 of 119