ForumsGames[VOTING] CONTEST PALS: Post Your Hot Dog Recipes Here!

72 34378
DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

http://blog.armorgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/dora-sap-kick.png

Awwww yeah, it's about to get tasty up in here! Welcome to the official thread for The Adventure Pals hot dog contest! What's all this about? Well, the long and short of it is, to celebrate the launch of The Adventure Pals Kickstarter, we're holding a competition for people to come up with their most inventive, delicious, and ideally weird hot dog recipes for a chance to win both a copy of the upcoming game, and some sweet, sweet official swag. Everyone who participates will also earn a merit! You can learn more on the news post on the front page, but here's the basic details:

- To enter, post your most creative and tasty hot dog recipe here in this thread. Recipes should be original, and can be as zany as you want, but most be composed of actual, easy-to-find ingredients. (Sorry, no Lon-Lon hot dogs.)
- Submissions are open from July 29th to August 5th.
- One entry per person.
- From August 5th to August 19th, the community will vote on their favourite recipes.
- The top six recipes will be made and tasted by us, and the winners will be chosen accordingly!
- Grand prize is an official The Adventure Pals giraffe hat, plus a digital copy of the game on release.
- All five runners-up will receive a digital copy of the game on release as well, plus an official The Adventure Pals giraffe t-shirt!

Now get cooking so I can put all your recipes in my tummy, and may the hot-diggity-doggest win!

• 72 Replies
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@Tasselfoot and @DoraDoraBoBora, if you want to try things personally, please do taste my recepie and let me know!

Alkatjox
Alkatjox
7 posts
Farmer

So who won? -I know I didn't ;-;- This competition was really long I cant wait to find out who wins!!!

Alkatjox
Alkatjox
7 posts
Farmer

Still don't know why I come back to this every day. I know i didn't win. ;-;

ChubbyCheeks
ChubbyCheeks
2 posts
Scribe

@Tasselfoot and @DoraDoraBoBora, can we get an update for this contest? It's been a few weeks and I'm wondering who won.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Well, I suppose they can answer themselves but I think it got a bit pushed back due to some specific ingredients in those recipes. I think some of those might be a bit hard to find.

DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

Sorry folks. I kept meaning to post an update here. As Doombreed said, one of the top-voted recipes by you folks required a specific ingredient I had to order from a specialty store. It should be in this week! In the meantime, Tasselfoot generously offered to test some additional runners-up recipes since we had so many great entries, and I'll be posting his photos and impressions on Monday.

Alkatjox
Alkatjox
7 posts
Farmer

Okay thanks for the update DoraDoraBoBora.

DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

Hey guys! First off, I apologize for the delay. I've been so focused on other things that this contest slipped through the cracks and that's my fault. I will post the article itself later this week, but for now the winners are:

1. East Meets West Dog by @bakkart (Notes: While the hoisin sauce was probably ALMOST too much in terms of measurement, all these ingredients complimented each other really well. Could have used some more spice to it, and the butter was unnecessary, but overall very tasty. The onions and peppers were a great touch.)

2. International Wildfire by @helpo1 (Notes: The dense baguette was probably the wrong choice for this... a chewy but softer brioche roll probably would have made it a lot more enjoyable. My European deli had to special order in the hot paprika cream, which took a long time, but was actually really enjoyable. Hot, but not overwhelmingly so... you should be able to taste flavours, not just heat, and in its basic recipe, this was exactly that.)

3. Ultimate Tasty Dog by @devdm (Notes: Another one where the baguette felt out of place... maybe a soft pretzel roll? I liked the combination of the mustard, cabbage, and cheddar wurst, but in my opinion, the chutney just did not go with it, even a thin smear! It was like the other flavours lured me into an alleyway, and then the chutney jumped out, beat me up, and stole my wallet.)

4. One Cheesy Doggy by @balkanrenegades (Notes: This was... weird. I kept taking bites trying to decide if I liked it or not. I thought, "The feta overwhelms everything and is too funky," but then I thought, "But it cuts through the tanginess of the ketchup," but then I thought, "But the mayo is too much," but then I thought, "But the spicy ketchup goes well with it." It was weird. It was really weird.)

5. My Innovative Dog by @akshobhya (Notes: As I was eating this, I kept thinking how much more I would have liked it if the curd had just... not been there, and everything else had been assembled like a slaw with some vinegar to top it off instead. It was actually pretty well thought out in a lot of ways, though even without the curd, which did not want to sauce-ify nicely, it just needed a little something extra to cut through all the veggie mild sweetness.)

6. Fanta(stic) Dogs by @seokjin (Notes: My husband saw this recipe and wanted to try this because of how odd it was. I did... not enjoy it, but I also do not really enjoy sweet+protein combinations in general. The Fanta was way too sticky and sugary... it might have been better with freshly juiced oranges.)

Congratulations to the winners! You will receive your copy of The Adventure Pals when the game launches next year, but I will contact you for your shipping information for the physical rewards.

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

Congrats to @bakkart, who's been my been my favorite in this contest, and all the other winners as well. I'm glad to see this finally wrapped up, too.

A question, though - is the game going to be Steam-exclusive? (Because I don't, nor I intend to own a Steam account.) @DoraDoraBoBora

jimmycarlos
jimmycarlos
204 posts
King

Now that Adveture Pals has been released, is it time to reheat the grill and make the second half of the hotdogs to finish off the contest? https://armorgames.com/news/hot-dog-extravaganza-part-1

@DoraDoraBoBora @Tasselfoot

DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

Hi there! Thank you for reminding me about this; I apologize for the delay, things have been crazy with the launch! Prizes will go out this week.

Showing 61-71 of 72