ForumsGames[VOTING] CONTEST PALS: Post Your Hot Dog Recipes Here!

72 34383
DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

http://blog.armorgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/dora-sap-kick.png

Awwww yeah, it's about to get tasty up in here! Welcome to the official thread for The Adventure Pals hot dog contest! What's all this about? Well, the long and short of it is, to celebrate the launch of The Adventure Pals Kickstarter, we're holding a competition for people to come up with their most inventive, delicious, and ideally weird hot dog recipes for a chance to win both a copy of the upcoming game, and some sweet, sweet official swag. Everyone who participates will also earn a merit! You can learn more on the news post on the front page, but here's the basic details:

- To enter, post your most creative and tasty hot dog recipe here in this thread. Recipes should be original, and can be as zany as you want, but most be composed of actual, easy-to-find ingredients. (Sorry, no Lon-Lon hot dogs.)
- Submissions are open from July 29th to August 5th.
- One entry per person.
- From August 5th to August 19th, the community will vote on their favourite recipes.
- The top six recipes will be made and tasted by us, and the winners will be chosen accordingly!
- Grand prize is an official The Adventure Pals giraffe hat, plus a digital copy of the game on release.
- All five runners-up will receive a digital copy of the game on release as well, plus an official The Adventure Pals giraffe t-shirt!

Now get cooking so I can put all your recipes in my tummy, and may the hot-diggity-doggest win!

• 72 Replies
DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

You guys are awful. (Awfully great.) It's 94 degrees here with humidity and I'm seriously contemplating starting up the barbecue for dinner for these recipes. Keep 'em coming!

ChubbyCheeks
ChubbyCheeks
2 posts
Scribe

Ingredients: Hot dog, hot dog bun, 1 strawberry poptart, Premium Vanilla Ice Cream, Hershey Chocolate Syrup, and Smucker's Strawberry Jam (is a little strong in terms of sweetness)

Extra: Goes well with a cup of milk on the side for drinking, not in the hot dog.

I prefer my hot dogs a little less traditional. My hot dog would be more of a desert dog than a hot dog. The bun is just a normal bun, with or without sesame seeds. It can also be a little toasted if you want it. The hot dog is just a hot dog, just cook it like a normal hot dog. I prefer to put them in a skillet with some water and cook until finished, but don't let it get dark. Here's where the unusual ingredients come into play. Get a strawberry pop tart and break it in half long style. Place each of the halves of the pop tarts at the sides of the hot dog within the bun. Put two scoops of vanilla ice cream on the hot dog, then some strawberry jam on the ice cream, and finally some Hershey chocolate syrup on all of it. Two or three lines of syrup should do. The real challenge here is to eat the entire thing before the ice cream soaks through the pop tart and into the bun. Enjoy!

welltell
welltell
10 posts
Farmer

Savory Hot dog

Ingredients:
Soya Sauce
Olive oil
Oregano
salt and pepper
Paprika
Garlic powder

Mix that all up and then pour it into a frying pan and add hot dog and
roll that hot dog around in that sauce until it is nice and cooked.

Bread:
I place that hot dog into a freshly sliced crasunt bun.
I also like to put in the crasunt before placing the hot dog,
some guacamole, and some times i put in a little bit of sour cream.
You can put any thing you like in there.

Toppings:
Mustard, shredded cheddar cheese, ketchup. Is what i put on my hot dog when it is done.
You can put your own toppings.

ahkhang
ahkhang
3 posts
Scribe

Ingredients:
one normal sausage
hot sauce
mustard
cheese
standard bun
Method:
Add hotdog to bun and spray mustard. when satisfied grate cheese onto the mustard

StarkillerX
StarkillerX
1 posts
Jester

Ingredients: 1 Sausage, 1 Rotten Bun, 3 Ice cubes, 1 Bowl of Mustard or Ketchup AND Yoghurt, 500 Grams of any Meat, Some Wood.
Recipe: 1 Person In the room must start playing a video game called Frog Hunt (Yes, the game with elephants and uncle Pete). When the score reaches 600 points draw a pentagram on the floor. Put a table with all ingredients in the middle of it. Throw the sausage into the bowl with mustart/ketchup and yoghurt. Wait 10 seconds. Take it out. Take the bun and put all the ice into it. On top of it put the sausage. Wait untill it melts. When it does all people present in the room must now start singing a Voodoo-Boodoo-Satan-Summoning song. Put the meat on the wood and set it on fire. When all the meat is burned throw the Hot-Dog into the fire too. Now that you succesfully destroyed this spawn-of-satan bun go to the nearest fastfood restaurant and order a hotdog. Voila! 1 hotdog ready to serve. Enjoy.

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

Recipes should be original, and can be as zany as you want, but most be composed of actual, easy-to-find ingredients.

Meh. Why do you think it's called... :P

The International Wildfire

Okay, okay. Most of the ingredients aren't that hard to find anyway.

Ingredients

• Vienna sausage from Spiš (actually impossible to find outside Slovakia, so any high-quality medium-spicy European Vienna sausage, preferably in natural casing)

• French-baguette-style hot dog bun slightly longer than the sausage

• Dijon mustard (from Dijon)

• Red onion (and possibly chili peppers, if you're a masochist - heavily discouraged)

• Hungarian, Mexican or Middle-Eastern taste buds to handle all the spiciness properly

• Some dairy products at the ready if too hot (which 80%+ of people say it is) - Swiss full-fat milk, Italian mozzarella, Slovak parenica or oštiepok recommended

+ Toaster with a warming rack (country of origin doesn't matter)

Procedure

Mildly toast the inner side of the baguette on the warming rack, then coat it with a thin layer of mustard. Add onion brunoise. Warm the sausage (~80°C/176°F [1]) and put it inside. Cover with a reasonable [2] amount of hot paprika cream. Toast the outer side of the now-finished hot dog on the warming rack again. Serve and enjoy. (And eat and drink lots of milk/cheese.)

[1] Original Vienna sausages from Spiš have sheep casing which would crack if cooked/boiled.
[2] I saw people who ate this stuff by tablespoons and those who couldn't manage to eat a demitasse spoon of it. Try it yourself first. YHBW.

Alkatjox
Alkatjox
7 posts
Farmer

Here is my idea:

Smores Dog.

Freeze chocolate into a "weener shape" place on bread.
Melt marshmallows and use it as a sauce / condiment for the chocolate.
Crush up gram crackers and sprinkle it all over the marshmallow sauce.
After that you eat it. i hope it is good

Seokjin
Seokjin
1 posts
Nomad

Fanta(stic) Dogs
Ya'll need to try my concoction from my college days when I didn't have a grill.

Ingredients:
- Pack of Vienna Beef Hot Dogs (Cheese filled ones taste better imo)
- Orange Flavored Soda (Sunkist, Fanta, etc.)
- Half a stick of butter
- Either already made rice or toasted hot dog buns.

Instructions:
- Make a few cuts into your hot dogs diagonally.
- Use a saucepan that can fit the hotdogs and place them inside before turning on the stove. Fill the pan just until it covers all the hotdogs with the orange soda of choice.
- Turn on the burner on medium high heat.
- Boil the soda down (May take 30-40 minutes but watch carefully as it may burn)
**If you take it off the burner too early but the hot dogs seem cooked, just drain the rest of the soda down the drain; It'll still taste fine.
- Once the soda has caramelized, throw in the butter and stir it around until it disappears.
- Done!
- Serve with toasted buns or warm white rice.

OPTIONAL: Throw in some walnuts while you're boiling the hot dogs.

ShaadiV
ShaadiV
1 posts
Shepherd

Celery, peanut butter, and raisins with cheese and ketchup. (on a bun)

devdm
devdm
1 posts
Nomad

Here is the plan...

The ultimate tasty dog.

Ingredients

1. Hillshire Cheddar Wurst.
2. 1 Freshly Baked Baguette.
3. Fresh FINELY stripped/chopped cabbage.
4. Mint Chutney.
5. Hot Deli style mustard, an English Something or other (French's get outta here).
6. 1 bottle of your favorite pale ale.

Recipe

1. Grill the cheddar wurst until it splits. If the cheese is exploding out and it isn't burnt, it is probably done.
2. Cut your fresh baguette to bun size and slice it down the middle. Place it open faced on the grill or toaster to get it lightly toasted enough to be crunchy.
3. Spread the Mint Chutney along the inner sides of the toast bun. Just a light coating as that stuff can be powerful.
4. Spread a bed of the VERY finely chopped cabbage in the bun and lay the cheddar wurst on top. You do it this way so every bite doesn't have half of it flying off like some careless taco.
5. If you have a container for your mustard give it the classic squiggle on top of the cheddar wurst. If not just spread it thinly on top.
6. Prepare your mouth for a party.
7. Open Beer
8. Sit down with a nice pale ale and enjoy! Preferably overlooking a forest or a lake.

Keyala
Keyala
2 posts
Bard

THE BASICS: All-Beef hotdog OR Beef smoked sausage, mid-large corn tortilla, baked beans (leftovers or straight from a can are both fine), cheese, stuff for awesome flavour!

An all-beef dog OR a Smoked beef sausage; carefully cut it MOSTLY in half (you want it to hinge open and shut); lightly brush the dog with honey on all sides (if you like spicy, mix the honey with some Frank's, Tapatio, etc.); place inside down in a hot pan or on the grill (you can also cook it in an oven under the broiler/grill, but place the inside to the heat); when the inside is browned but not charred, flip the dog; while the dog is cooking, brush a tortilla with a light sheen of oil on both sides and sprinkle one side with a bit of pepper and cumin (add chili powder to keep the spicy life going), then top the spices with grated cheese of your choice; place the dog on the tortilla inside up and add some baked beans on the dog; roll it up like a small burrito; if you like to be healthy-ish, bake or grill it until the tortilla is lightly crispy OR if you want all the unhealthy flavour, oil-fry that sucker until the outside is like a chip; if you can patiently wait until it cools, pick it up and bite (watch out for hot cheese!) BUT if you can't wait that long, a knife & fork gotcha covered; enjoy!

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

East Meets West Dog

Foundation: all-beef hot-dog, Hawaiian-type bread bun

Ingredients:
- half an onion, chopped into small strips
- half a pepper (green, red, yellow, whatevs), cut into strips
- one clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of Hoisin sauce (I can buy this in my little corner grocery store in Iowa, so it shouldn't be too hard to find)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons butter

Combine ingredients in saucepan until butter is melted and mixture is bubbling. Throw in hot dog(s) and cook until done. [Optional: throw cooked hot dog on grill for a couple of minutes for some good grill marks.] Use tongs to put hot dog on warmed bun, and then use tongs to put cooked onions and peppers on top of dog. Top with your regular favorite condiment -- mine's spicy brown mustard.

jimmycarlos
jimmycarlos
204 posts
King

As some of you might know, I'm half-Italian and I Pizza. I like a good hot-dog as well. So why not combine both?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/blog/14-08-06-tmntpizza.jpg

JimmyCarlos' Hot-Pizza-Dog

Ingredients:

Hot-Dog Buns
Classic American Hot Dogs
Mozzarella (grated)
Pre-Made Tomato Marinara
Sriracha Sauce (Ideally Huy Fong Sriracha)
Italian Pepperoni/Salami

Instructions:

1. Fire up the barbecue and get your Hot Dog cooked to perfection.

2. While the grilling is going, add some Sriracha to your pre-made marinara. Add a little or add a lot - it's up to you.

3. Assemble your Hot-Pizza-Dog by putting your Hot Dog in the bun, then topping it with a generous helping of Spicy Marinara, then some grated Mozzarella and some slices of Pepperoni.

4. Put in a baking tray and then put in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 5 for 10 minutes or until the bread is crispy and brown.

5. Enjoy your tasty Hot-Pizza-Dog!

http://www.hot-dog.org/sites/default/files/pictures/hotdogstories/is%20hot%20dog.jpg

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Here is my innovative hot dog recipe!

My Innovative Dog! It has an Indian Twist! !!

Ingredients:

• Classic 'Californian' 'Irvinian' hot dogs which has the organic-nutrients to provide energy required for playing Adventure Pals!
  • Hot dog buns which has the power to support the energy-provider and armed to face a huge army of gaming fans, topped off with Poppy Seeds!
  • Tomato Wedges which as red as the hero's shirt!
  • Freshly chopped onions which are as pink-ish as the the giraffe's tongue
  • Freshly sliced (round)cucumbers which are as green as the turf below the giraffe's feet!
  • Nicely grated carrots which are as orange as that evil crab present at our hero's right!
  • Minced Coriander leaves which are as green as those pine trees!
  • A cup of rock salt which is as white as the dad's hair!
  • A tea spoon of paprika which is as red as that lobster!
  • Thick white curd which is as white as those clouds!
  • A handful of golden boiled sweet corn which is as yellow as the giraffe's hair!
  • Butter that is as golden-white as that skull in front of that rock!
  • Excitement, spirit and interest to make this hot-dog just like our hero's spirit and excitement to save his father!
  • A bit of time in finding all these ingredients and cooking the dog
  • And of course, how can I not mention about an outdoor grill?!!! YES, an outdoor grill is preferable!

Recepié:

To make the 'Special Sauce':

1. Take the thick curd in a bowl.
  2. Add chopped onions, grated carrots, cucumber dices and tomato dices.
  3. Mix everything well until the curd gets the consistency of a paste.
  4. Add rock salt and paprika (black pepper which is ground finely can also be added) according to taste and garnish with a small amount of grated carrots and coriander leaves.

To prepare the hot dog:

1. Preheat the outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
  2. Place the Classic 'Californian' hot dogs on the grill and cook until they turn golden brown. (or until done to suit your taste)
  3. Smear butter over the hot dog bun and grill until it turns golden-red.
  4. Remove the buns and place the tomato wedges and cucumber slices on it. (You may add a pinch of rock salt and paprika for taste)
  5. Remove the grilled dog and place it firmly in the bun.
  6. Top it off with the 'Special Sauce' and garnish with freshly chopped onions, grated carrots, minced coriander leaves, a few boiled boiled sweet corn grains and paprika to prepare the Innovative Dog!
  7. Serve hot. Share with everybody and enjoy!
  8. IMP: Don't forget to play The Adventure Pals later!

Cook, share, consume, play The Adventure Pals and enjoy!

http://www.animationstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/search.animationstyles_super_simple_character_chef-hotdog.jpg

Christena421
Christena421
2 posts
Nomad

I have not dog

Showing 16-30 of 72