The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesQuestion: Are There Multiplayer Browser Strategy Games?

1 4048
Reflame
Reflame
9 posts
Nomad

Hi,

I have published several ideas at this forum and I have many more concepts that I finish step by step and publish here.

The target audience are game authors, not players. If I should use another forum (to help game creators and get some feedback), please tell me.

But many of my future ideas are related to multiplayer browser games. I think I have invented many mechanisms that can make a multiplayer game (or server of those) very enjoyable and yet relatively easy to implement. I will probably post them here in the upcoming months.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time, money and marketing experience to implement such a thing myself - and if I think about offering those ideas to a studio, I would not know where to start and whom to contact.

But before I starting writing the ideas down, I would like to ask you: Are there multiplayer (preferable strategy, of 4X type) browser online games? If not, why?

I don't speak about MMOG games now, but about simple games resembling Warcraft or Civilization or anything loosely similar. Of course, their author would have to implement a server with a "create account" and "game challenge" screen, but this tedious and uncreative (unrelated to the unique traits of game) labor per game could be greatly reduced if someone implements a server which provides these things. The interface between this universal server and individual multiplayer games must be cleverly designed, but then making multiplayer games decribed above would become far easier.

And if such a "reusable functionality" server does not exist, it is a pity that multiplayer version has not been created by the author of at least *some* of the suitable games, such as Takeover, House of Wolves, Hex Empire: Hex Empire, Mars Colonies, etc. (Or Squares and Blades, I know how to turn the campaign into "contest of equals", playable for either side or in a two player mode.)

I enjoyed Hex Wars like few games before, but as time passed, people stopped to play it - naturally, every game can feel boring sooner or later.

So my question is: Are there similar browse games now - and if not, why? I'd say that the fewer of them exist, the more profit the author could gain by creating one.

If I get an answer that corrects my view, it may help me evade some mistakes in writing down the ideas for multiplayer browser games.

Thanks
Reflame

• 1 Reply
DGH33
DGH33
1 posts
Nomad

Hyperiums is one Multiplayer Browser Strategy Game I suppose, and one of the first ones at that.
So yes, that exists! :-)

Showing 1-1 of 1