ForumsPopular MediaThe Emoji Movie (POSITIVITY ONLY)

7 6230
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So I don't know if you guys have heard, but the best movie ever is coming to theaters August 4, 2017. That's right, it's The Emoji Movie! Oh man! This movie is going to be such a classic when it comes out! I can't wait to tell my children, my grandchildren, and my great grandchildren that I saw the emoji movie the day it was first shown.

In case you've been living under a rock, here's the first trailer.

So what are your guys' POSITIVE thoughts on the upcoming best film of eternity? I think the only person more excited than me would have to be @FishPreferred. I mean the guy just loves emojis.

• 7 Replies
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

I cant see a way they will be able to ruin this. Wonderfull story, based on real events, have a big fandom. touching subject - its jsut perfection.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

My review of this movie would be ... ... yay ... ... I'm melting here ... ...

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Not actually seen the trailer so I clicked on the link and got a video of someone picturing goats instantly making me think wtf is this, how is this to do with emojis, I then realised it was some weird ad.

Honestly do not see this being any good... oh wait positive thoughts well it could parody that some people overuse emojis that could show potential.

greeble
greeble
17 posts
Nomad

Ok, I'll admit, I wasn't sure at first, but having seen the trailer I think it actually looks like great fun for the whole family!

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

wow, lol! I want to watch that movie!
YAY!

I hope they have the emoji in the movie

TheQuietGamer
TheQuietGamer
7 posts
Nomad

There is only a second of footage that even looks like it's from the movie. So why is everybody so ready to act like this is the best or worst thing ever? People literally know nothing about it other than the title and that it's got emojis.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

People literally know nothing about it other than ... that it's got emojis.

That's why people don't like it. You can't expect to make a movie about small icons that had only served the purpose of communication and expect it to be good. I mean honestly, emojis? That's got to be one of the laziest concept ideas for a movie that I've ever heard. Emojis are digital objects with the only purpose of "expressing emotion" over text, there's not a story behind it. Both Toy Story and The Lego Movie were never hated prior to coming out(at least not as hard as the Emoji Movie) because they're toys, imagination fuels playtime for kids and that's what fueled the movie's story as well. Same thing with Inside Out, while not toys, it used imagination to explain emotions in a fun way.

And now the Emoji Movie is out, and it's been beaten up so badly ever since it's release in theaters. It's currently got an 8% on Rotten Tomatoes and from what I've heard, it's not even a real movie. Just a bunch of ads in disguise as an 80 minute movie.

It's trash and please, whatever you do, DO NOT see the movie just to be ironic. Don't give them money, that's just going to show Sony Pictures Animation and every other movie company out there that stuff like this actually works as a money grabber. Don't buy their toys, don't buy their video games, don't even buy the Happy Meals for as long as they're selling those little emoji toys. Don't fuel the fire by buying merchandise.

Showing 1-7 of 7