ForumsForum GamesHow FishPreferred Are You?

284 82482
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Mark your calendars! Clear your schedules! Defragment your hard drives and install those updates!

It is time for How FishPreferred Are You?

As you may know, Gantic will not be available to do his usual schtick this year, thus it falls to me to continue this weird tradition of quantifying your similitude to some vague standard through a series of convoluted and seemingly arbitrary tests.

Sign-up is open until 10 spots are filled, or until September 9, whichever is sooner. You may wager any number of Gantic Points you like, but they will be disregarded because Gantic Points have no relevance to this game.

ROSTER:
1ʭ Hardstrike
1ʭ MattEmAngel
1ʭ Yellowcat
1ʭ hafaroman
1ʭ Coral42
1ʭ Boofuss
1ʭ Moegreche
1ʭ PLGuy
1ʭ Swarmlord2*

*Additional entry, because Hey, why not?

• 284 Replies
Hardstrike
Hardstrike
543 posts
King

Well you were also the first to give all the good answers at that Guess the thing game.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@Hardstrike Congrats man! xD You gave us hope that it is possible. And also... #PrayForPolandGuy thanks for spreading a faith in me... I'm gonna need that prayers

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@FishPreferred If the Bonus Challenge ends today I won't make it since I'll be out. But since we don't have anything to do instead of exchanging pisca can we try beating it until the next round? IDK if that will change anything after an hour yesterday of trying pretty much everything.

And also I'm exchanging all 100 points.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

13.5ʭ, 0p Hardstrike +40ʭ
53.5ʭ, 0p MattEmAngel
46.0ʭ, 0p PLGuy
16.0ʭ, 0p Swarmlord2

In re. the weighting of the bonus challenge: When I made this challenge, I had intended for it to be a simple thing worth 20ʭ, just so that this round would actually have something for you to do. The problem arose when you ended up with such a disparity of points that it would make no difference at 20ʭ; even if Swarmlord2 and Hardstrike were the only ones who got it, they wouldn't be able to place as finalists. Instead of making this round a sadistic screw-over to both of them, I bumped the value to 40ʭ so it would still be possible for the player with the lowest total (Hardstrike) to tie the player with the highest total (Matt). Unfortunately, if the bonus challenge is too easy, it still becomes a sadistic screw-over to them, because Matt and PLGuy will also get the 40ʭ. So I took the tertium quid and made another bonus challenge to provide the extra weight, which I took off the first bonus challenge.

But if that's what everyone wants, sure, I'll keep it at 40ʭ.

There you go people
https://imgur.com/a/QO5tz
Interesting, but ... this is not what I expected to see. The damaged barrels and absence of anything else suggests that it bugged out (kind of like this). I'm giving you the bonus anyway, since it's pretty impressive that you could make this happen at all.

But since we don't have anything to do instead of exchanging pisca can we try beating it until the next round?
Yes, and I'm adding two more challenges.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Super Bonus Round:

Sleuth out the answers to the following:
1 If I had a forum sig thing, what two things would it say? (20ʭ)
2 If I need to get to Old Quarter early, what two things could I use to do so? (20ʭ)

Round n-1 still begins Saturday (Oct 14). You have until then to do this, that, and the other challenge that we were just talking about.

Hardstrike
Hardstrike
543 posts
King

Dank you Fisher. I'd like to transform my newly acquired points into fish points.

Also I'll try to answer the first challenge. I can think of 3 things it would have, and I must say all of them:
1) One of the previously mentioned Omnexia principles
2) A mention toward the original "How Gantic are you"
3) A mention of a thread on WEPR that you are active on

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Then there's me, barely still in this. To be fair though, I would be in a better position right now if it weren't that mess in round 1, but it's alright. I just need to keep on trying. For the new challenges, I would guess that for 1, you would perhaps have something which is currently in the about section on your page, such as 'Relentlessly mauling trolls since 2014' or one of your life lessons. For 2, you could be referring to one of many real or fictional locations, so I would guess that legs and money would help, in order to walk to the old quarter and/or pay for transport.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

https://s1.postimg.org/7iqs05n2y7/Fish_Preferred_CTC.jpg[/url]

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@FishPreferred OK done. Finally! xD

https://imgur.com/dyf6cZL.png

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

52.5ʭ Hardstrike
92.5ʭ MattEmAngel
85.0ʭ PLGuy
55.0ʭ Swarmlord2

1. Is that a forum post signature you're referring to?
2. Is Old Quarter a geographical location?
Yes to both.
Hardstrike
Hardstrike
543 posts
King

I'll try answer to Question no. 2.
Ofc I googled Old Quarter and it returned a seemingly popular tourist destination.
So to get early to Old Quarter you need a
1) Cyclo (some kind of wheelchair used for sightseeing, which I'd love to use)
2) A student, to pedal the cyclo

Hardstrike
Hardstrike
543 posts
King

So interesting, now I get pedicabs and rickshaw rides in Hanoi ads... lots of them

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

Bonus Round of "How Hardstrike Are You". Take him on a ride in cyclo over Hanoi. First to complete the challenge has a chance of getting a contract work:

JOB OFFER
Requirements: motivation; mindfulness; knowledge of local language, culture, tales; being a student of extramural studies. Being a member of Vietnamese shaolin is also additionally scored.

Hardstrike
Hardstrike
543 posts
King

I think you have big chances of scoring that job Poland xD Extra points if you can pedal 100m without toppling your client in the cyclo and for having fought as a Sniper in Vietnam war.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

It is a job of my dreams indeed. I guess that the toppling part won't be forgiven if it happens inadvertently. Daymit I'll score no extra points then - so not that big chances :-[

Showing 241-255 of 284