ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[Closed][Official] Armor Games' Armatar Contest: SPECIAL PINSTRIPE EDITION!

70 52164
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8500/8253540719_7b89c6b013_b_d.jpg

Some of you may have already read about it somewhere (our Armor Games News section? ), or perhaps heard a friend talk about it (give him or her a big hug!)... and yes, it's true! The fantastic game Pinstripe made by Atmos Games / Thomas Brush -already available on Steam- is finally going to be launched on Xbox One (February 7th, 2018) and PS4 (February 13th, 2018) as well for you to enjoy! YES! Woo-hoo!

In honor of this special occasion we are launching an Official Armor Games' Armatar Contest: "Special Pinstripe Edition"!!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4754/26230142428_21481ba414_c_d.jpg

This is your chance to get creative once more to let us see your own fantastic version of this game in the form of an Armatar. Draw one of the game's characters, re-create the game's beautiful -yet mysterious- scenery, or perhaps think out of the box and truly amaze us? We would love to see your own hand-crafted art work based upon this captivating game! Maybe you need some references, examples, ideas, information, you-name-it? Well, why not play the Pinstripe Chapter 1 Demo Game right here on Armor Games? Or visit the Armor Games Studios Pinstripe Page dedicated to this breathtaking game!

ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :

ne: All entries must be appropriate. They cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
The entry must be square and at least 512x512 pixels in dimension.
Your entry must scale down well to 100x100. So if it looks good in its larger form, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to the armatar size. Here are a few suggestions about this :
Sometimes keeping it simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So keep in mind what the Armatar size will be and check often how it looks when it is scaled down.
Remember to save a lot while you are making it! Better to delete 20 -in between made- save files later on, than ending up with a finished piece you don't like or an end result that is showing up blurred when scaled down...
If you are able to do vector, by all means! That can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are small in Armatar size, this is probably not a big issue.
All entries must be fitting to the current contest's theme. If a certain entry is debatable to whatever extend, a Mod or Admin will give the decisive and final ruling for submission.
An entry must be completely original. You cannot use entire (or even elements from) pieces of artwork made by someone else, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you! A Moderator can ask you to provide conclusive proof that the entry was created by you entirely and you are obligated to provide this when asked for.

Plagiarism will not only exclude your submission by means of disqualification, it will also exclude you from participation in any future contests AND will have further consequences!

CLOSING DATE OF THIS CONTEST :

This Contest will be held untill 03/18/2018, so there's more than enough time for you to enter your artwork!

WINNING SUBMISSIONS :

Every participant of an official edition of the Armor Games' Armatar Contest receives a well deserved Merit for submitting one -or more- entries to every separate edition held. This means a maximum of one Merit per participant, per edition. (Note: Your entry needs to be according to the contest rules and has to be chosen for uploading to be valid.)

Alongside this Merit for your participation, we have a special non-game Quest to award for the winning submissions of the Armor Games' Armatar Contest! This special Armatar Creator Quest will be bestowed upon the creators of the winning entries that were chosen for every contest held. The winners will receive this Quest to show our appreciation for their outstanding work. Wear this Quest with pride!
Winners will be chosen after the edition is officially closed;
The winning entries are non-debatable, results are final;
The Armatar Creator Quest can only be awarded once per user. If a particular user wins another edition, they will not receive this Quest again, as Quests can not be achieved a second time;
As a special appreciation for their outstanding work, all the winners and their winning entries of every edition will be placed into the Armatar Creator Quest Winners Hall of Fame!

[EXTRA PRIZES!!] Atmos Games' Thomas Brush ( @wittyhobos ), the game dev who created this wonderful game, has agreed to help judge your entries and will help me pick the winning Armatars! But that's not all... hang on to your seats... each of these winners will receive a special Pinstripe gift bundle that includes a Pinstripe t-shirt, a 'Postcard from Hell' and... the Pinstripe Original Soundtrack! Now, how's that for a Contest prize huh?!

Allright! Grab your pencils and paper, and/or your mouse, and start making your wonderful original works of art! As always... be creative and amaze us! =)

Thomas Brush's Pinstripe is made by Atmos Games https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4671/40141258321_ca8362d966_o_d.png
Play Pinstripe here : (Click image link)

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4742/40141079221_dc9b3a9ca6_q_d.jpg https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4632/25269224987_6aed0de57a_q_d.jpg https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4709/26267422998_9b3d54337d_q_d.jpg https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4655/25269225037_95dacd78fc_q_d.jpg

• 70 Replies
Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

@MrDayCee No problem!

@PlGuy Why not?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@Yellowcat Because I made that armatar solely as a thank-you fanart. I really enjoyed Pinstripe, a masterpiece among games.

DidiArmorGames4
DidiArmorGames4
21 posts
Nomad

When are the prizes coming out? @MrDayCee

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@MrDayCee I see that the contest is closed. If you can't choose the winner now, maybe you could at least give merits to all participants?

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Awaiting the results! Great artwork, people!

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

@MrDayCee Say, now that you're (mostly) done with the new quests thing...

Maybe?

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

@MrDayCee Come on man, you can't abandon us here. I don't see you on the forums at all anymore, and you're not even reachable on discord.

spaceskeleton
spaceskeleton
55 posts
Duchess

@Yellowcat he does appear on the forum but here no explanation, no response, what's going on? New quests were supposed to come but nope, the forums entirely are dying, even the lone catho-fundamentalist troll got bored. It must be the recent games pathetic quality that makes everyone just give up.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

@spaceskeleton There have been some shoddier games than IIRC were before, but there are still games like Zombie Society, String Theory, Brave Shorties and all the great puzzle games that came out this year. Though, I'm not sure about the quality of a lot of them considering I never played many of them.
Also, what catho-fundementalist troll do you mean? I don't think I've seen any of those the past year.

spaceskeleton
spaceskeleton
55 posts
Duchess

@sciller45 there was one troll for a while starting threads about hating gays and women's rights, only mods were there to patiently reply, it's never been this silent.
As for the games, I'm not blaming anybody, browser games are now made with the intention of getting one hit and be forgotten so there's lots of short annoying 8bits and mobile puzzles (including stolen), last game worth coming back to was Stellar Squad.

They started redesigning the site and suddenly dropped it, removed quests from the header, announced the weekly quests are back! and went silent. DayCee made that mailing list for armatar contests, announced an easter one and went silent too, replies on casual threads but can't even give a couple merits for these guys here. What is going on?
Not complaining but I'm worried, cause all these moves look like final spasms in agony :/

Showing 61-70 of 70