ForumsQuests[QUEST INFO] [UPDATED!] Why Quests stopped being launched for a while...

53 35694
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1833/28881987807_82195f6ec2_o_d.png
A fair question that may have certainly crossed your mind during the past few months... well then, let me fill you in (finally, ugh) on what has been going on! Y'ready?

As you may know, the online game developing community has been making games that are constructed with 'Flash Software' for a long time now. But a few years back the sad news was slowly spreading over the internet that 'Flash' would no longer be supported and updated at some point... There was the need for a new standard in online gaming software, which would soon turn out to be 'HTML Software'. This software is increasingly used for new games and will eventually replace 'Flash' as the main standard for game development.

"So? What does this have to do with Quests not being launched?!"

I hear you wonder... well, the answer is actually quite simple. In order to keep launching new Quests for the games hosted on Armor Games in the future, there needed to be a shift towards the new 'HTML Software' in order to continue our awesome feature. And this is exactly what we have been doing during the past months! We have been working hard to prepare for the transition from 'Flash' to 'HTML' and make sure you can keep earning those shiny Quests!

We recently started up launching Armor Games' Quests again with the brand new release of Quests for Shorties's Kingdom 2 (check 'em out if you dare... ) to start off with. Even though this set is still 'Flash' based, we will slowly release more from here on out. It will be mixed at first, but will progress into 'HTML' games as well. Please give us some time though... it is all new and may experience some bumps and hickups along the way.
But we will get there!!

We hope this clears up some confusion and answered some questions for you. If it did not? Please feel free to ask them here and we will try and answer them for you.

So... TL;DR?

HEAR-YE! HEAR-YE! We are launching new Quests again!! HUZZAH!!

Go forth! Try and earn them all... we dare thee!

• 53 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Thank you for keeping folks up to date @MrDayCee.

komodor
komodor
110 posts
Prince

well, that is understandable. though at least 1 game a month could get some quests. I think you could get some time to do it. I just today found out there are new ones. it took 5 months, so I thought you stopped completely. glad you didn´t tho. off to get them after work.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Very nice to hear! Was wondering what happened to them.

Veltair
Veltair
5 posts
Treasurer

@MrDayCee Regarding the quests and ranks - is there any particular reason (like technical obstacle) why the ranks are not displayed by usernames in the games' discussion section like they do here, in the forum? Would be a nice feature, ideally with possibility to turn it on and off in the profile settings

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Veltair Unfortunately, the discussion section underneath the games is a different type of software which we can not edit. That is why there is no ranking displayed underneath the names. Sorry...

Veltair
Veltair
5 posts
Treasurer

@MrDayCee got it, thanks for clarifying

komodor
komodor
110 posts
Prince

https://i.imgur.com/joieDeg.png

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@komodor Haha Nice one!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

[UPDATE] THEY ARE FINALLY HERE!!
QUESTS FOR HTML5 GAMES! https://www.w3.org/html/logo/downloads/HTML5_Logo_128.png

Yes, you read correctly -pardon my over-excitement and for using such big sized words- Quests for the HTML5 games are finally happening! We launched our first set of Quests for an HTML5 game today: String Theory 2. Go check them out! And try to earn them all...

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

YESSS ARMOR GAMES HTML 5 YES IT WONT DIE BECAUSE OF FLASH DYING YES I LOVE THIS

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Haha Thank you for your enthusiasm @ismael6 !

forgotten123
forgotten123
2 posts
Farmer

Yay more quests

PHLHimself
PHLHimself
300 posts
King

Cheers, I'd rather have a safe platform where the backroom staff are working on keeping this site and it's future alive with the whole transition from flash to html5

Kudos to the staff and everybody involved in keeping this community updated

Magic_Spoon
Magic_Spoon
27 posts
Shepherd

But why most quests don't save?

munkind
munkind
54 posts
Prince

Okey. I understand. Thanks

Showing 1-15 of 53