ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Shutting Down!?!?!?

17 18501
n1njachikin
n1njachikin
12 posts
Nomad

I heard a lot of talk (And I'm sure that some of you have as well) about how coolmath games is shutting down in 2020. I personally have played coolmath games all my life, and I'm super disappointed about this.

The reason behind this is that Adobe Flash is shutting down. Flash is the platform (OPerating system? Engine?) that most developers use to build their games online. Since armor games has mostly flash (Is Unity part of flash?) games, that means they will lose the vast majority of their games.

Does this mean Armor Games will shut down? I really really really hope not, as this is easily my favorite (And in my opinion the best) game website on the internet. I'm not exactly sure how this shutdown will affect the community, but I would appreciate your comments. MAybe a moderator or admin can answer this question?

PLEASE RESPOND!

EDIT TO ORIGINAL POST: Polygon and numerous other websites have discovered that these rumors are false. Coolmath games WILL NOT be shutting down.

• 17 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@n1njachikin No, we will not be shutting down.

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

I know flash will be shutting down, but I wonder if games will still be hosted so one who, say, wanted to play Fasion Dress up, could still download and play the flash file? Does it depend on the developer?

n1njachikin
n1njachikin
12 posts
Nomad

@Ferret Thank the Lord Almighty. So happy to hear this. Thank you for responding promptly!

n1njachikin
n1njachikin
12 posts
Nomad

@sciller45 They won't be hosted unless a dev moves platforms. Since the flash engine is shutting down completely, I believe that all games using flash will stop working. SOmeone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@n1njachikin There are a lot of unknowns here, but we'll do our best to keep supporting Flash games as options are available. You'll have more information when we do.

n1njachikin
n1njachikin
12 posts
Nomad

@Ferret thanks for the response. I just discovered, and I believe many probably have as well, that the rumors were false.

lattitheldai
lattitheldai
3 posts
Nomad

sir ferret(herald,adminstrator of armor games)i dont understand all games of armor gmaes are made of flash so even if we dont shutdown is it possible to play the games????pls answer i have been thinking about this for a year.

SectionUnreal
SectionUnreal
9 posts
Nomad

Armor Games has the best community, and I think (just my opinion) is that the ship is unsinkable.
Everythink is sinking in this crysis nowadays, but I am sure Armor Games will stay on the top of the water
Have a nice shiny day everyone !!!

lattitheldai
lattitheldai
3 posts
Nomad

yes i do believe in you but i think an admin knows a thing or two about armor games

Gixulator
Gixulator
1 posts
Nomad

I believe you should go the way of steam and make an application that can run the games straight on our desktops without the need of the web browser.

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

Uh they could have a browser extension that makes u able to run flash again, idk if thats possible but they could try. I also think armorgames wont go down without a bang :P

atyon
atyon
1 posts
Nomad

They might just switch to unity. Not sure if we will be able to play all the old games.

TheRealMany
TheRealMany
1 posts
Nomad

Seeing as Kongregate is going into some sort of Archive mode, it doesn't bode well for flash games in general.
Been playing there since 2008, and i'm really sad about it..

kokokolode
kokokolode
1 posts
Blacksmith

It's kinda scary to think we might lose ALL of our old beloved games.

Izipo
Izipo
1 posts
Nomad

Hi guys, I'm new here. Member of the Kongregate community. Just wanted to let you know that Kong is officially shutting down as of the 22nd of July (no more forums and chat, no new games). And wanted to know if Armor Games is heading the same course ?
Will start coming more often now, I guess.
See you

Showing 1-15 of 17