ForumsThe TavernThank you for everything, Armor Games

6 6531
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

I know this is practically Theo not type of thread I make anymore, I mean after all one of the top threads in this forum is me talking about turning 20 from a year and a half ago for some reason, but that's just because Armor Games has always meant a lot to me and done so much for me. So, why am I making a thread this time? Well, it's a couple of things.

Firstly. A few months ago I got my first job as a programmer. A career I don't think I would have ever chosen without Armor Games. For now, I have a regular old programming job, but my degree, still in progress, has a focus on video game programming. Playing all of the amazing flash games on this site is what got me interested in programming in the first place, and I took my very first step towards that when a user here had a link to Codecademy in their profile, and I've been interested in programming and decided to do it for a living ever since.

Secondly, I'm getting married tomorrow. Something I likely wouldn't be able to do for several more years had it not been for Armor Games. Had I not been a programmer I have no clue what else I could do for a living, above low skilled jobs, so being financially able to be married is something I wouldn't be able to do without this website.

• 6 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

Now for some random thank yous.

Firstly, I'd like to thank @R2D21999 for being my first friend here, and as such being one of the only friends I had during some of my teenage years.

Secondly, I'd like to thank the long inactive @Gamer_Cale for introducing me to PC gaming and helping me upgrade my mother's computer to be a low end gaming rig. While I'm sure eventually I would have become a PC gamer, Gamer_cale absolutely excellerated that by several years.

Thirdly I'd like to thank @Ferret for teaching me that the most important thing in life is trying to own and many ferrets as humanly possible. I absolutely love ferrets and plan to own many of them, largely due to him.

And finally I'd like to thank everyone else, too. The game devs who inspired my career and gave, and still give me endless hours of enjoyment. All the admins, for making and running this fantastic website, the mods, past and present for keeping things, myself included, in line. And the community, for giving me a sense of belonging in some of the worst, loneliest parts of my life, and viewers like you, thank you.

~Manly

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

That's a big thank you note there @TheMostManlyMan ... Congratulations on getting married! Awesome news bud! And fantastic to see how Armor Games has helped you in chosing a path in life and do what you like doing the most. Nice to see some people from back in the days drop by from time to time. Stay safe out there!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@TheMostManlyMan

I'm pleased I can do my part to raise the ferrety population.

Congratulations on both your job and marriage. That's amazing! <3

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Congratulations on the job and getting married!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Cool man, congrats.
Did you marry The Most Girly Girl?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Congrats!

Showing 1-6 of 6