ForumsThe TavernReturn of the old flash games?

12 405
kliment4ee
kliment4ee
3 posts
Peasant

Since Ruffle is way better in emulating flash games than it was a year ago and there are a lot of flash games that a playable that i've played on other websites using Ruffle, i'm wondering why aren't those games being brought back to Armor Games too?

• 12 Replies
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

Hi. Many of those games have been brought back. We added a few hundred more earlier this year, and try to do a check on non-working games about once a year to batch add more back.

Some sites use an extension or required download to package Flash Player, allowing a much larger selection of games to be playable again. However, at Armor, we firmly believe that you should not need to install or download anything in order to play any game on our site.

If you have any suggestions on specific games we should manually check for re-addition, feel free to let me know and I can check them individually.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The second Last Stand game maybe?

kliment4ee
kliment4ee
3 posts
Peasant

I didn't download any flash plugging, the games just loaded after the Ruffle loading screen, for now i've managed to play Legend of the void, the kings league odyssey, Seigus Arena, Necronator 2 (it had very few visual bugs) and House of Wolves (the game loads perfectly but on the site that i played it had a problem where when you press right click the ruffle settings pop up, but right click is required to move the characters in the game, idk if it's something that can be fixed)

Solas128
Solas128
144 posts
Scribe

I don't know if it is my internet (Most likely isn't) or if it is ruffle, but some flash games I play on here are pretty laggy, examples would be Sonny, Warlords 2, Warfare 1917.

arthuraouchev2908
arthuraouchev2908
1 posts
Nomad

how do I dream that armorgames returned sinjid

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

It cannot be your internet, Solas. Internet would only slow the initial loading time. A slow game might mean a slow computer, or perhaps Flash getting unstable with age and its many, many versions.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

@nichodemus appears to play a bit faster than it used to... this might make it unwinnable, or much harder, i'm not sure. but everything seems to work. so it's LIVE again.

@kliment4ee LotV appears to work, it's LIVE.
- King's League Odyssey seems to be a bit laggy, but works. It's LIVE. It also recognized my premium content and quests... looking more into that to possibly flip live as well.
- Siegus Arena looks like it ALMOST works, but there's issues with the shop and purchasing items. Leaving it off for now, but can look again in a few months.
- Necronator 2 has some really annoying audio sfx issue that is constantly playing in the background. Online save doesn't work. But otherwise, seems to function. so... LIVE!
- House of Wolves is having some issues that we're troubleshooting.

Solas128
Solas128
144 posts
Scribe

It might be the flash games themselves then, Sciller.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I just tried to play two of the newly reactivated games, but the game pages said the game was unavailable, which suggests the reactivation is incomplete in some way. There are a couple things about my setup that may be relevant:

• I discovered earlier today that the AFG+ and Use Latest Ruffle settings in the beta tab were turned off, so I turned them back on. I don't know what turned those setting off, but I can't rule out that being the cause of my issues. (Edit: I tried turning each setting off, but that didn't do anything, so it can't be the settings themeselves)
  • I cleared my cache, and that didn't do anything.
kliment4ee
kliment4ee
3 posts
Peasant

@Tasselfoot Thanks for the update, appreciate your guys's work, keep it up

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

@Patrick2011 sorry about that; fixed!

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

Handful more big games are back live again... some even have working online save, so your old saves will still be there!

Showing 1-12 of 12