ForumsNews and FeedbackNew Ads on the Website

61 1517
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

Hi Folks! You will notice that there are new and different ads on the site moving forward. We have done a revamp on our ad networks and ad placements.

If you encounter any issues, or have any feedback you'd like to give, please let us know in this thread! My biggest concerns are intrusive ads, ads that cause lag, ads that prevent games from loading, or inappropriate ads.

Thanks for your help and comments!

• 61 Replies
Wildwomanharley
Wildwomanharley
9 posts
Nomad

NO!, its still the same, I can not log in ;(

snetzel
snetzel
4 posts
Shepherd

moin, I'm confused, here everything is in German and I'm supposed to answer in English ?
Hoffe sie bekommen das Werbungsproblem in den Griff.

snetzel
snetzel
4 posts
Shepherd

das englisch eingegebene hat sich wieder in deutsch "verwandelt"

Erile
Erile
504 posts
Chancellor

@Tasselfoot Is the pre-roll the button screen that says press play to watch ad? Has that been disabled yet? I still have it.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

@Erile pre-roll would be the video that plays before the game displays, triggered by clicking on the button. if there is no pre-roll video ad to play, then it should be a black screen for a few seconds and then transition automatically to the game loading.

@Erile and @Wildwomanharley are either or both of you in Germany as well? If we pinpoint it to being a geographical issue, that makes it easier to troubleshoot and would explain why we aren't able to replicate the issue in the US.

Also, is this happening on every game on our website? Or just MMO games (having the MMO tag)? Or some games, but not all? Does this happen in all browsers? Or just Chrome? Does it happen both logged into your Armor Games account and as a guest, or just logged in? As much information as you're able to provide us to help pinpoint the cause, the better. Please and thank you very much!

TheGlorbler
TheGlorbler
2 posts
Nomad

I think they're causing a game I like to play often, Rouge Fable III, to become almost unplayable. It severely slows the game down constantly to the point where it's hard to make progress.

It isn't an MMO game and I play logged in with chrome.

Wildwomanharley
Wildwomanharley
9 posts
Nomad

I am in the US..I am on chrome book (i have no other computer)..its at log in and will not let me play any game only lets me do these forums. and its only on armour ................;(

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

@TheGlorbler the refreshing ads are causing the game to lag when they change, correct? we're working to get this to not happen.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

@Wildwomanharley I need a lot more information from you to try and sort out what's happening, I'm sorry. In the mean time, I've given you 30 days of ad-free gaming for the website, so hopefully you do not have any more issues!

Erile
Erile
504 posts
Chancellor

@tasselfoot
-I'm in Canada
-Its the same for every game for me (but no one is going to freak as much about single player games, like for me in Firestone it kicks you out of things after 3 days, so I'm about 5 hours from losing everything I've worked for in that game)
-I haven't had luck operating ArmorGames in Firefox for a long time, I only use Chrome for it.
-I see the problem as a guest too.

Erile
Erile
504 posts
Chancellor

Sorry, can't edit.
To be clear, my issue is the &quotlay ad" screen, followed by black screen.

Erile
Erile
504 posts
Chancellor

I've noticed multiple people having the same issue as me in the Firestone discus chat below the game.

Gnagarkalle
Gnagarkalle
2 posts
Shepherd

I'm having problems on all games, not just MMO. Haven't been able to play anything for a week now...I click the Ad button and i get a sideways striped screen, and nothing happens.

qawsedrftg123456
qawsedrftg123456
2 posts
Blacksmith

Why are you not checking before installing additional ads. Nice to earn money, but non of my games are running.No players, no money.

well done

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

Hi Folks. Again, I can not apologize enough for the issues. To reiterate, we thoroughly test new features and changes before release. Nobody from Armor or the ad company are able to reproduce these issues. Without being able to reproduce the issues, we can't figure out why they are happening to fix them.

If possible, could some, or all, of you please email in to support@armorgames.com and include the following information:
- Country
- Browser
- Operating System
- Any browser extensions you have running that might interfere with ad loads (ad blockers, vpns, etc)
- Provide a HAR file. You can create this file following these steps. Follow the steps, reload any game page where this is happening, and then download the file and send to us.
- Video of the issue occurring.

I know this is a lot to ask, but we really need details of what's happening on your system in order to figure out why this is happening and fix it. Again, thank you for your help and I'm incredibly sorry for the problems.

Showing 16-30 of 61