ForumsNews and FeedbackNew Ads on the Website

61 1519
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

Hi Folks! You will notice that there are new and different ads on the site moving forward. We have done a revamp on our ad networks and ad placements.

If you encounter any issues, or have any feedback you'd like to give, please let us know in this thread! My biggest concerns are intrusive ads, ads that cause lag, ads that prevent games from loading, or inappropriate ads.

Thanks for your help and comments!

• 61 Replies
Erile
Erile
504 posts
Chancellor

As a note, you said you turned off the ad roll on MMOs, but as far as I can see it is still fully active.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

@Erile We have not turned that pre-roll off, although if we can not get this fixed, we'll consider doing it. I had thought this issue was limited to MMO games... but it appears not to be. Therefore disabling just on MMOs wouldn't circumvent anything.

As mentioned in my post earlier today, if you (or others) are able to submit a HAR file + other information to support@armorgames.com, it might help us properly solve this mystery.

Dodi1960
Dodi1960
4 posts
Farmer

These adds mean I can't play
Up to now it was a good time being around.
It is not any more - so I leave.
Good bye!

wickedglass
wickedglass
1 posts
Jester

yeah, what a bummer, but I guess all good things must end eventually.

WinterLover
WinterLover
1 posts
Nomad

i came back to armor games after about 3years this is not my main account my main one is logogogo i just wanted to say that the ads actually don t load up but the game runs just after that you need to improve your ad systeme cause it doesnt work

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

Hi @WinterLover or @logogogo what doesn't work?

Erile
Erile
504 posts
Chancellor

@tasselfoot, trying to figure out how to get the HAR file, haven't figured it out yet. The instructions mention some things I can't find.

samork731
samork731
1 posts
Scribe

Ads do not load up on the actual games, but I am very happy to say that they sometimes show up on the side.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

@Erile if I can help, I'd love to get that file from you. You can message me on Discord and I can assist there? I'm tasselfoot (or Tasselfoot#2465) there, or you can join the Armor Games discord and DM me from that.

magusdclxvi
magusdclxvi
2 posts
Peasant

Well it's been fun AG but as long as this "watch ad and play game" nonsense is here I won't be. I understand you need to monetize to keep the site running but I'm not clicking on some random bs that I don't trust every time I decide to play something.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

@magusdclxvi I understand your concern, but previously, this ad would play automatically. With more recent changes to how browsers handle auto-play content, it causes issues to the ads and the game to have it auto-play. This is why most of our recently released games (in the past year or two) require you to interact with the game frame in order to start playing the game. Instead of that, now you interact before the ad instead of after it. But the result is the same... ad plays, then game.

We hope that our nearly 20 years of providing you games (and ads, to keep the site running) gives us some level of your trust already, to know that we are doing our best to provide a great experience for you.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

Are folks who were having game loading issues (black or striped screen) still having these issues? Or have they been fixed?

zohan59
zohan59
1 posts
Nomad

i m in france, using an I mac. No video and no game. only a grey screen with black ray instead of the game.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

Hi @zohan59 are you able to email me at support@armorgames.com and include any browser console errors + a screenshot of what the screen looks like? And if this is happening on all games, some games, only 1 game? This is Safari?

Erile
Erile
504 posts
Chancellor

I haven't had any luck figuring out the file you want. The instructions I found online are missing something in regards to how chrome gets records. I don't have access to discord. Its hard at this point, all my progress in the MMO I was playing is lost, and I can't get most of that back after such a long absence - it would take at least a year of gameplay because of how the game works.

Showing 31-45 of 61