ForumsNews and FeedbackNew Ads on the Website

61 1520
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

Hi Folks! You will notice that there are new and different ads on the site moving forward. We have done a revamp on our ad networks and ad placements.

If you encounter any issues, or have any feedback you'd like to give, please let us know in this thread! My biggest concerns are intrusive ads, ads that cause lag, ads that prevent games from loading, or inappropriate ads.

Thanks for your help and comments!

• 61 Replies
Erile
Erile
504 posts
Chancellor

As a note, a lot of people posted images of the problem. Its very basic. You hit &quotlay" on the screen, and it goes to the diagonal grey/black striped transition and freezes there, or goes through that to a black screen and freezes there.
It basically killed the site for some people.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

Hi @Erile I sent you another email via support@armorgames.com that hopefully helps you troubleshoot getting me that file. Sorry for the troubles.

qawsedrftg123456
qawsedrftg123456
2 posts
Blacksmith

How long do you need to solve the problem with the ad, all games are blocked except mighty party.
I spent money for playing, not to see a diagonal grey/black screen.
I can't believe it.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

Hi @qawsedrftg123456 as I've mentioned, we can't fix a problem we can't reproduce. If you are able to contact support@armorgames.com and provide a HAR file (as mentioned in previous replies), this is really what we need in order to understand WHY games aren't loading for some players.

Thank you for your help, and we're sorry that this hasn't been something we've been able to fix yet. We have yet to get a single HAR file from a player with this issue, and until we do, we do not know what's wrong.

dusty779
dusty779
1 posts
Blacksmith

New ads... seems like a bad move... its the primary reason i stop playing games on mobile, they better not be forced ads

Erile
Erile
504 posts
Chancellor

@Tasselfoot,
I didn't get an email that you said you sent yesterday.
Its not in junk, I don't see it.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

Hi @Erile Your recent contact on Aug 21st, and my multiple replies, have come from and gone to a different email than the one we have on file for you at Armor. I don't really want to share any of your data publicly... but it's the same email provider, just a different handle. So, please make sure you check the email username that you used to contact us recently and not the one that you have on file with us (and have used to contact support multiple times in the past).

Sorry for that being somewhat crypic; again, I don't want to share any of your data publicly.

Erile
Erile
504 posts
Chancellor

@Tasselfoot It's fixed. But I haven't gotten a recent email about the HAR file. The one I was sending from is the correct one.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

@Erile sent it to you again

HerrmannMann
HerrmannMann
1 posts
Herald

@qawsedrftg123456
beside "Mighty Party" I realised that "Dungeon Crusher: AFK Heroes" and "Battle Pirates" are working. But none of the Quest Games.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

Hi @HerrmannMann as with other folks, if you're able to assist with troubleshooting on games not loving, I'd really appreciate the help. Please reach out to support@armorgames.com and I can work with you to provide data that would be incredibly useful.

_Mordeth_
_Mordeth_
2 posts
Bard

Sent a HAR file to support. Not sure what I was doing, honestly. I verified afterwards if the game (dragons of the void) worked on Edge (instead of firefox), whitch I almost never use, and surprisingly, it does, for now.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
844 posts
Chamberlain

@Mordeth again, thank you so much for the HAR file. Ad network is using your log and hoping to pinpoint the problem as a result!

Erile
Erile
504 posts
Chancellor

Sorry, everything still freezes in the black screen after I click on it.

I've already spent more than 60 hours trying to get that HAR file, but it doesn't work because the screen kills the browser and I have to close the browser.

I've already lost all the progress I spent money on in-game and I lost my membership in everything I built up to over the last 2 years.

I can't spend any more time on this. Not thrilled that I lost all that money and time building something as well as the relationships I've lost access to. Very sad to be leaving the site after 15 years.

_Mordeth_
_Mordeth_
2 posts
Bard

Tried some random games tonight, and it seems everything works (except those like Heroes of Wasteland that need a WebGL my browser does not support, but that's another problem). There was some lag, though, but hey, good work, guys. Pity, it's too late for Erile.

Showing 46-60 of 61