ForumsSupport ForumReputation?

40 7210
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Sorry if this is a duplicate. One person notify through a post and then no one else post. Don't need 5 people posting lock.

I think a reputation system would be nice. Was just looking at things and I think that there should be a way for people to vote peoples rep up or down and other things. It would be nice because you start to see who has a good reputation and you start to know who spams and who actually has a good opinion or other things I guess. I just think it would be nice. Or maybe have rep only be votable through posts so a mod can make sure people aren't putting rep up for nothing and that it is actually for a good post or something.

But I think this would work better as overall person rep not for individual posts.
Tell me what you think, or if you have ideas to improve this one!

• 40 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

pretty cool idea i like it

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Well everybody might just vote down mods and everything and people will probably vote me down!And Asherlee said I was the most improved member ever on AG!

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

And Carlie said I built a reputation!

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

If kept within reasonability this would be a good system. Like one person can only vote for another user once. Ever. And they could change that vote to neutral or minus, or back to positive only once a day. But no rep for mods. Cause people would kiss ass and just boost them up(no offense). Also another good idea would be that you can't vote someones reputation until you reach maybe 500 ap also.

I think this is actually a great idea that would rock... :/

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

well ya if people decided to vote down someone for no reason then it would be bad

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

I think that people can judge each other's reputation more than any rep. system could. Anyone who isn't just &quotassing by" the forums is going to know who the good and bad members are.

With anything like this there are going to be people who are angry because they don't have a good enough rep. or the best rep. or whatever. That would be fine IF there is a good enough benefit. I just don't see an obvious, readily available, benefit.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well then whats the benefit of Armorpoints and a rank by your opinion? There is no benefit. People get angry because they lose AP and some people don't find they have good enough AP so they spam. But it exists and people like it.

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

Well...if I had my way, there wouldn't be an AP system (or it would be radically different). Most likely the reason the AP system exists is to draw in more members. It is probably the major reason a lot of the users are still here (and still active).

How would a rep. system prove it's worth? Would it be good enough to cause more positve results than negative? I really don't know, but I would guess not.

What I am saying is I haven't seen any practical applications for it. What makes it better than good old fashion human judgement?

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Well, yes, this would be fun and all, but people would abuse it a lot, as crazynaitor said. Some people may just go around putting one person's reputation down if they don't like the person so they get banned, and that person actually might help out the site a lot. It would just make some people feel bad about themselves, I just don't see it as a good contribution to Armor Games if we added this.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well as I posted up there. You can only have one vote ever. Almost like choosing an armatar: Positive, Neutral or Minus. So there wouldn't be one person putting a guy down. And the 500 ap would mean cant just make a quick account and down a guy. A bad rep might make someone feel bad but it could be a wakup call that they are a douchebag or they need to change their attitude to people or they will have troubles in life.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

What if it was just Forum Reputation instead? Let's say you had the same vote 1 time positive or negative system. But to vote you had to have at least XX amount of forum posts. If the reputation is forum-based I would think you would come out with a more accurate account.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I think that's a good idea since this is a forum thing.. you could also have another rep system for game commenting. If someone has a really good rep for comments, their vote on rating game could be worth more, or they get more AP for comments or some type of reward.. or not!

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

i like the idea, but i dont think it has much chance of working. and mods have enough of
"Why dont I get merits"

so do they really need
"Why dont people like me?"

good concept, but i cant fathom a successful execution

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

With the forums I think its good any Asherlee you said a certain amount of posts 500,1,000 maybe?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Idea Man with only 89 posts you can't really get the forums cause I presume you have only been here for a week at max, so you aren't a good judge of things. This is more of a longer lasting member thing which would work. This would not have anything to do with mods. They have nothing to do with being liked at all.

Showing 1-15 of 40