ForumsSupport ForumHow about, Armor Films?

48 8394
LostSoul
LostSoul
46 posts
Nomad

Hi I'm LostSoul and I thought of something, that if the staff of Armor Games doesn't approuve, well I wont mind. But heres the idea:
We all know Armor Games, we post our own bla bla bla, but what if we did like Newgrounds, which means posting our own flash animations, ever thought of that? Because for now, Newgrounds is the only site I know with flash animations, and the good thing about making flash games, you can post it on Armor Games, Newgrounds, Kongregate... but if you do, even good, flash animations? Well, post it on Newgrounds and if your not happy screw you. Thats what I think, so why not make Armor Films?
Its the same concept as Armor Games but has his own site and sponsors flash films.
I'd appreciate if a moderator of some sort could tell me what he/she thinks, and anyone else as well.

• 48 Replies
LostSoul
LostSoul
46 posts
Nomad

Oh my god, I can't believe how many people are actually into this idea, thanks a lot everyone for supporting this!

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Personaly I feel like ArmorGames should stick with games. Keep it as simple as that.

Kingy
Kingy
251 posts
Nomad

Yea just keep it simple no videos and keep with the games as NoName said.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

This is a magnificent Idea! For one thing, it could make armor games both more popular and more moneys. This would not be copying any other sites as well, there are several. Stickpage, flashportal (the site), and as said newgrounds! There's even MORE out there so it really doesn't copy other sites. The name is also catchy and good. Armorfilms.
@nonameC68: If it was armorfilms it wouldn't be armorgames now will it?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

@nonameC68: If it was armorfilms it wouldn't be armorgames now will it?

...that does not make any sence.

Why would this site allow people to submit flash games and flash animations? This is a quote from another AG user and this is the exact same message I have been trying to send out...

In my opinion, when sites expand to a bunch of different genres, it tends to take away from the quality of each of them.

Those were words typed by Carlie, you can see what her views on videos are by searching one of the links on page 1. Now I know she is talking about videos but I beleive she was also talking about flash animations too. I am sorry if I misunderstood what she was talking about. If I am wrong, then understand that I am not trying to twist her words around.
LostSoul
LostSoul
46 posts
Nomad

But the fact that armor games IS popular with armor films it could make it way more popular, and its another site, so its not gonna take anything away, Armorgames isn't gonna change one bit, it would be two different sites. So if I were you I wouldn't worry about :"when sites expand to a bunch of different genres, it tends to take away from the quality of each of them."
And I totally agree with thoadthetoad, it wont be the same thing.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

I really don't agree about the other site thing, it could just be a tab on this site called armorflims. Its a great idea really, but the creating a whole new site is just a wasted effort, I don't believe adding a AF tab would take away from the games, they get enough plays anyhow.

thegamesman
thegamesman
324 posts
Nomad

i think this is a ok idea the reason being it would cause lag on the site

Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

No I don't think that its a good idea if we wanted videos we would have called the site ArmorVideos not games so I think this is a no no no!

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

Lots of sites that have names like this have expanded beyond there initial purpose, people who visit armorgames will soon know the site for both if this happens thats all.

MissingTeddyHanssen
MissingTeddyHanssen
444 posts
Nomad

Wow.. What a bump.. Err--- I mean, what an idea.. Let's just hear what the mods and admins will say after this anyways.

freaco
freaco
45 posts
Nomad

lostsoul i totaly agree with this and despite what asheree said my idea in my mind is exactly the same as your idea. infact i made a seperate fuorm post called armor videos, you might want to check it out.

LostSoul
LostSoul
46 posts
Nomad

But freaco wasn't your post about normal videos like YouTube for instance? Thats what I understood when I looked at it... Thanks for agreeing with me.

Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

Very nice idea, the title might need to be changed, (hopes it will be Games of Gondor again) if this would come true. But I would not mind sticking with Armor Games. But it's up to Dan and the team to decide.
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/sandadesigns/mahta.png
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1724/jikekcopyve3.pngJoin the Sig Strikers!

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Oh ya, a game site called Games of Gondor that only plays flash videos. That makes perfect sence.

Showing 16-30 of 48