ForumsSupport ForumHow about, Armor Films?

48 8396
LostSoul
LostSoul
46 posts
Nomad

Hi I'm LostSoul and I thought of something, that if the staff of Armor Games doesn't approuve, well I wont mind. But heres the idea:
We all know Armor Games, we post our own bla bla bla, but what if we did like Newgrounds, which means posting our own flash animations, ever thought of that? Because for now, Newgrounds is the only site I know with flash animations, and the good thing about making flash games, you can post it on Armor Games, Newgrounds, Kongregate... but if you do, even good, flash animations? Well, post it on Newgrounds and if your not happy screw you. Thats what I think, so why not make Armor Films?
Its the same concept as Armor Games but has his own site and sponsors flash films.
I'd appreciate if a moderator of some sort could tell me what he/she thinks, and anyone else as well.

• 48 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

lol @ NoName.

But why wouldn't ArmorFilms be good?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I am sorry if I sound like I am going in circles. What I say in one paragraph may show up within another one but this is the best I can explain.

I beleive that we should keep ArmorGames limited to games. A few flash animations would not hurt this site but I can already see people wanting to post more and more flash animations. Eventually there will be as many flash animations being submitted as games.

Every game has to be checked out before being plastered onto the front page of this site. Double the amount of games that you have now and it will be a lot more rough.

This site keeps its focus on flash games, introducing flash animations will decrease the value of the site. People go to this site to play games and they know what they are going to get. Even if you make completely different sections for animations and games, the site will still become more cluttered. There are as many different catagories for animations as there are for games.

Basicly, take a look at all the different sections we have for the games and multiply by 2. We will have a minimum of that many catagories. Sites that expand are also more intimidating. Albinoblacksheep.com is a good website but it is also a bit intimidating, it is somewhat poorly structured and looks like a hard site to maintain.

If points are bad now, wait untill you get NewGrounders in here. Thats right, flash animations will bring many unwanted NewGrounders and the only things holding them back from spamming for points on NewGrounds is the point limit. I know a kid in real life who acts like a lot of NGers. They seriously calculate how many more days/weeks/ and months it will take to level up again and they will stick to a scedual to get there! Talk about desperate.

I know that it is easy for people from that site to come into this site, but this site lacks that competative feel and diversity that NewGrounds has. Which is good because ArmorGames specailizes in one thing, flash games. This community is a comfortable place to relax. Of course people compete for points but in time I feel things will cool down. Expanding this site won't as much ruin the site (as I previously exagerated) but it will take away the one thing most users love most about it, it's simple and easy to navigate layout and it's games.

If we add flash videos, this site will be like NewGrounds... but not as good. This site does not follow the same rule system and attitude as NewGrounds. That is why I like this site. There are not too many rules, not too many rule breakers, people are polite, and the mods are polite. NewGrounds has so many trouble makers it has to have strict rules! It has to have limits.

I hate NewGrounders with almost a passion. I hate their community, I hate their stupid mods, I enjoy the site minus the community. I enjoy this site because of its community. I love how the mods on this site act like regular people and not like stupid cops, walking around acting cool and making morons out of all the newer people. Adding flash animations I feel will attract unwanted people and I personally will lose inturest in the community.

I say nay to films because AmorGames is different from any other site out there as it is, adding films will only make it like so many others and corruption shall slowly run through it. If this site survives corruption... then it will be after the addition of many restrictions.

Also, I beleive we have the perfect sized community. I know everybody is like "we need more ideas of how to attract more people here!" More people is nice to a point. I know of a few very very small communities with the nicest people you can know... but they are inactive. Then you have sites with large communies that are very active but there are also a lot of rude people and behavior clashes. If we allow ArmorGame's community to raise at a gradual pace, we can avoid a lot of those problems. Adding flash animations will greatly increase the rate at which people shall join and they will be to overwhelming to take care of.

Maybe everything I said will not happen. In fact I am sure a quater to half of what I said would end up being wrong, but those are all great risks.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I agree that adding films may only detract from the main focus of this site, which is games. This is not a Flash site, to include everything done in Flash. Rather, it is a Flash game site. This is only meant to include the games niche of Flash. The idea has already been thought through before, and they have decided to keep this a Games only site.

I think that if we have one focus, then we can ensure quality in that area. This is why games go through a review process before they are accepted to the site. We want to make sure that only the best things are getting through. I think that if we expanded our focus wider, that we would have a move towards quantity of content over quality.

LostSoul
LostSoul
46 posts
Nomad

So, the idea of adding flash animations, will possibly create problems like difficult maintenance of the site, and Armor Games will just be destroyed, but even if the flash animations would be on another site, I might sound repetitive but, the maintenance on this site would be the same, they might have rejected the idea of adding films on THIS site but not create another with its own staff...etc.

Imagine if Armor Films would have its own site, staff...etc. It would work exactly like ArmorGames, the films would go for a review before being accepted, and there wouldn't be twice as much security to take care of... So I wouldn't worry about having twice as much to do.

I agree that ArmorGames wants to keep it only to games, but your theory about "we would have a move towards quantity of content over quality.", with the other site: Gone, nothing like that. Now you might say, yeah but thats only if all of it happens, ok but then that means: make it possible like this, no need to have twice as more work to do, no need to worry about quality maintenance, and things like that.

You could always tell me "Forget it your thing is gonna create too much problems, we're gonna delete your thread now..." Sure yeah whatever, but I'm telling everybody here that I believe, that ArmorGames is capable of doing this with including security and quality.

Plus all of this, could bring other people on this site, more publicity, without even making the news going to Newgrounds or places like that, I mean, if you've managed to keep Newgrounds away until now, you can still do it.

I know all this is possible, but we need all of us to put all of our will into it, thats my word to say.

theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

Sound cool I think it is good idea and people can rate them and if they get rated a lot they get armor pionts of something like that.

freaco
freaco
45 posts
Nomad

i think there shold be videos

i think there should be an armor videos section at the top of the page next to the misc section. i know people are going to say stuff like this(this is exatly what NoNameC68 said an no offence man but you really piss me off)
"If you want to see flash videos then go to NewGrounds. This is a site for gaming. ArmorGames will never have a section for flash animations. If this site was to become as much like NewGrounds as it could (allow flash animations and rewards and all that) then Dan would be better off not creating the site at all and letting Newgrounds do its job."

he said that armor games will never have a vieos sec but on the old armor games had in th misc section about 6 videos including the first 2 kill bunny videos the "numa numa dance", "american idol" and "icons story" i think dan shouls bring that back along with "kill bunny 3" and some mor new videos because some game that are in a long series or have a long gap between the two games might have connecting videos. also it would add some thing to do when it comes to the point when no new games are be added and the current ones are old. i know im gunna get a lot of negitive feedback in this but i dont care what you think if you dont like this idea

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Well I am done debating the issue, I have gone in depth to explain why this is a bad idea. You have taken only one thing I said, and you are attempting to use those words against me. You have not countered a single one of my other points yet.

I am done debating this issue, the only reason why you won't let this drop is because you refuse to admit you are wrong... or at least admit that you might be wrong.

It is good to stand up for what you beleive in but you will learn that standing up for your beleifs will do nothing for you if you can't learn to suport your beleifs. I am sorry that I anger you but the only reason why you hate me is because I simply dissagreed with you. If you are going to hate all the people who dissagree with you, you will only end up making a bunch of enemies in real life.

Anyways, there is no way I can suport my reasons any further if your going to straight up ignore them. Learn how to think things through and use what other people say to help you think, even if you dissagree with them.

freaco
freaco
45 posts
Nomad

all of your points are supported by your thought that this is "armorGAMES" and your pregidice against newgrownds... and by the way you will be back

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Imagine if Armor Films would have its own site, staff...etc.

This isn't really possible... Armor Games is not going to split, and make a new staff just for a section of the site that they don't want to expand to in the first place. It just isn't feasible. How it should be done is not really in question, because the fact is that Armor Games is not going to have Flash Videos.

all of your points are supported by your thought that this is "armorGAMES" and your pregidice against newgrownds...

It is a very valid fact though, this is a game site. They don't plan on expanding to videos. It is named Armor Games for a reason.
LostSoul
LostSoul
46 posts
Nomad

NoName, I never said i hated you or the people who don't agree with this, all I'm saying is that all of this could be possible, I agree that I might be wrong, but I'm taking my chance by showing out my idea, and if people don't agree with my beliefs, I don't hate them, that would be stupid, no, what I do is try to understand why, and I understand that IF the making of ArmorFilms would take place it would be difficult, and possibly not able to make, but I'm sure its possible, now theres the fact that ArmorGames was meant to only make games, fine fine, people are killing themselves, to try to tell me its a bad idea.

And NoName; I do think through out what people say, and try to understand through them, I don't just ignore them, but you people, you are the ones who ignore ALL of the possibilities behind this idea just because "ArmorGames was meant to only have games", now at the same time I respect that idea of support, but at the same time, you just destroy the whole idea and concept, and that, well thats just stupid.

You all say Newgrounds is cr*p here and there... But did you people ever stop and think that they have way more games, flash animations, audio... Here on ArmorGames you have about 33 percent of what they have, and you say its cr*p,

LostSoul
LostSoul
46 posts
Nomad

aw gimme a break.

NoName, I have taken in consideration every single one of your &quotossible" ideas, and I accept that you want to support your reasons of keeping ArmorGames how it is, but you don't even try to think beyond ArmorGames, and thats a shame.

By the way good for you if your done debating this because your just ending up repeating the same thing over and over again, which is useless because I understood every single word of it.

And c'mon Carlie, I never said that the staff had to "split", if you propose the idea people are going to want to join... But I'm gonna waste my time on this because your gonna say no, same thing as NoName, you might respect ArmorGames, but you ain't thinking beyond,ãyou people stick so much to ArmorGames that you ain't thinking beyond, and thats stupid.

"How it should be done is not really in question, because the fact is that Armor Games is not going to have Flash Videos." Are you serious? Excuse-me for this but, your the ONLY administrator here who said no appart a few other guys, and you start saying its not gonna have videos when you have no freakin' idea of what the future looks like, NO idea.

You might tell me, "Ok I'll bring in a few administrators", so what? Big deal, you might be surprised when other moderators will agree with me like Asherlee, maybe even a few administrators will agree...

So I wouldn't be so sure if I we're you that "ArmorGames is gonna stay how it is." so you can calm down a whole lot Carlie, a whole lot...
Because you never know what the future saves you...

Delete me if you want, but you'll Never stop me.

kingthegod
kingthegod
41 posts
Nomad

smart ide i love how this may work they should make a tv show haha.

evil_empire
evil_empire
287 posts
Peasant

this is a good idea, all though the video concept may take over and this site may get known for videos instead of games, and people will not make profiles for the game rating and all that, some will just use it for watching videos, so this whole video idea may take over armorGAMES.com

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I stopped replying because it is impossible to argue the facts. I made valid points yet I still get the bloody shoulder. If you want a site thats a lot like newgrounds, then go here.

And c'mon Carlie, I never said that the staff had to "split", if you propose the idea people are going to want to join... But I'm gonna waste my time on this because your gonna say no, same thing as NoName, you might respect ArmorGames, but you ain't thinking beyond,ã??you people stick so much to ArmorGames that you ain't thinking beyond, and thats stupid.

So I wouldn't be so sure if I we're you that "ArmorGames is gonna stay how it is." so you can calm down a whole lot Carlie, a whole lot...
Because you never know what the future saves you...

FYI, Carlie knows what shes talking about because she has talked about this with AG staff before. Carlie is not telling you what she thinks, but what AG staff is saying. I was telling you what I think (and it ironicly turns out AG staff thinks the same). It is your word against AG staff's words, not Carlie's. So don't acuse Carlie of being close minded.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Freako, the creators of ArmorGames and the staff are all in their 20s and 30s and they have spent years studying web design. They have a succesful site going. Not only that but most of AG staff is very familure with NewGrounds.

You are a 13 year old kid who is most likely still in grade school.

Personally, I am going to side with the adults who finished school (or finishing collage), has life experiance, online experiance, studied web design, and have proven themselves by creating this site over the kid who has not even finished gradeschool yet.

I have an idea, how about you create your own website. If you are not happy with this one then make your own since your so open minded.

If ArmorGames is not going to allow flash animations onto the site... didn't it ever accure to you that they have an actual reason for it?!

Showing 31-45 of 48