ForumsGame WalkthroughsQuestions for Monsters' den (Book of dread also) ANSWERED!

61 65759
lucias_o
lucias_o
64 posts
Nomad

I will answer your questions and hand out free party tips to whoever asks.

I am happy for anyone who knows anything I don't (Or stuff I do) to help out.

• 61 Replies
nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

The best item in the game IMHO is the "Ring of Boundless Energy", which can only be obtained by killing hydra. (Each legendary creature have three dedicated items from what I've seen, so you may not be able get it even after slaying many hydras)

It seems I'm able to retrieve my level 400+ characters afterall, I'll try to post screenshots of some really powerful items once the armorgames server return normal.

klint26
klint26
557 posts
Peasant

Well the strongest weapon i got was from the minotaur . It was the minotaur axe (lol) it wasn't the strongest weapon at the end of the game but if it was lvl ten it would be.

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

So here is the ring I was talking about. It have so high defense because of protection orb though.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3949/mdbodring.jpg

You may wonder what is the best weapon for clerics, here is my answer (runed mace of speed +resistance). You may also use Sceptre of Grace +resistance which will have 6 power regen, 60% resistance to stun and poison but no speed instead.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1017/mdbodmace.jpg

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

No known cheats.
Monster's Den Book of Dread: There is an infinite number of lvls on Den of Corruption, it doesn't stop when you beat the Dreadfather.
There's no best item really, it depends on the character class.
But the item rating is this.
Melee Armor/Weapons(both have same tags)
1. Planespine: Best
2. Magesteel
3. Mithril
4. Damascene
5. Steel
6. Iron
7. Regular: no tags
8. Degraded(dented, battered, etc.: Worst
Mage Armor/Weapons(same with Ranged weapons)
1. Planespine
2. Voidwood
3. Yew
4. Ash
5. Oak
6. Elm
7. Regular- no tags
8. Degraded
Mage Armor
1. Aetherweave
2. Suncloth
3. Silk
4. Velvet
5. Wool
6. Linen
7. Normal
8. Degraded
Ranged Armor
1. Shiftsteel
2. Symbiotic
3. Trollhide
4. Scaled
5. Studded
6. Leather-normal
7. Degraded
Rings
1. Obsidian
2. Platinum
3. Gold
4. Silver
5. Crystalline
And Magic Uses
Blinding- Minus Target Accuracy
Lightweight- Minus Item Weight
Purifying- Plus Wearer's Poison Resistance
Runed- Plus User's Mana Regeneration
Soothing- Plus User's Health Regeneration
Staggering- Plus Stun Chance To Target
Thick- Plus Armor Class
Unerring- Plus Chance To Hit Target
Vampiric- Part Of Damage Is Given To User As Health
Venomous- Plus Poison Damage And Afteraffect
Deftness- Plus Dexterity
Insight- Plus Intelligence
Lethality- Plus Chance To Kill Target
Might- Plus Strength
Reflection- Damage Reflection Back To Attacker
Resilience- Plus Endurance
Speed- Plus Quickness
Tenacity- Plus Stun Resistance

Bexer580
Bexer580
1 posts
Nomad

Is there a set amount of levels that a legendary character appears? Or is it random?

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Eterniel, you did 7 posts in a row. Thats Majoir Spam. You should have just answered everyone's questions in one or possibly 2.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Bexer: The order is probably random. I have seen some appear as early as level 2 in the remake campaign. However, as a general rule they appear closer to the end of campaigns, and after.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Also, I've learned a lot since my first walkthrough a while ago, so here are my updated tips on making your party successful:

1. Speed is vital. You need to be able to take out troublesome opponents before they can attack you. Troublesome opponents generally come in the form of spellcasters, who can heal their friends or debuff you, like Lichs, Orc Shamans, Runecasters, Acolytes, or units that have the potential to deal a lot of damage, like Bone Horrors, Trolls, and Neophytes. As a result, Rangers and Rogues are extremely useful for taking them out.
2. Healing is very important. A party without a cleric is a dead one. Ranger healing helps in a pinch but is ultimately too ineffective to rely on. Clerics have skills specifically oriented towards healing, so let them do their thing.
3. Stunning saves lives. In the hardest difficulty, the Ranger's Pin ability will save your life again and again, I guarantee it. It is the single most important move in your whole party, because of the Ranger's high speed and because it will prevent your enemy from gaining an upper hand.
4. Stick to recommended weapons. Sure, your Mage's Ensorcelled Blade may seem cool, but the Mage's poor armor rating and low vitality means that putting it in the front lines is quite suicidal. Likewise, giving your Rogue an axe is not a good idea; anything that slows your Rogue down and robs them of their parrying dagger is bad.
5. Don't rely much on buffing teammates. In the time it takes you to do this in hardcore difficulty, you'll be dead. The only exception is Fall of Tellunos. In this one, the buffs will be helpful for your prolonged survival.
6. With regards to armor and weapons, aim for runed, soothing, and quick weapons. Lethality and stun weapons have too little chance for their effects, and blinding is not all that useful unless it's 20 percent or more. Armor should be kept at most for three levels unless it's legendary or rare, or if you have a good excuse for keeping it.

My party is a speedy one: Rogue/Ranger/Mage/Cleric. The most essential skills for eash include the Rogue's Sneak Attack, the Ranger's Pin, the Mage's Freeze, and the Cleric's Heal/Heal All/Revive.

ItsDestroyable
ItsDestroyable
1 posts
Nomad

How can you earn gold?! Please tell me!

RainingHell
RainingHell
61 posts
Nomad

On the hardest difficulty, I honestly found running Rogue x2, Barbarian, Cleric to be the best combination. This is because you can equip the 3 physical characters with enough Speed equipment to make disposing of groups simple. The 2 rogues can kill 1 target each with Sneak Attack when geared properly. The Barbarian has a lot of AoE damage with Whirlwing which gives you the upper hand easily.

RainingHell
RainingHell
61 posts
Nomad

In the game you cannot find gold while fighting agaist parties
The only way to earn gold is to sell your unwanted items.
i find this farily pointless, so I just made it so i cant enter the shop, giving me extra points

I don't find it too pointless honestly. Some people like myself however find that disabling the shop makes the game more fun because then I'm not worrying about when I get the next Portal Scroll. It does provide advantages though especially when you're carrying a piece of equipment such as a Minotaur's axe for a while. You can find something like a Golden Axe/Blood Harvester in the shop to make upgrading less dramatic and less downgrading to an extent.
RainingHell
RainingHell
61 posts
Nomad

The best item in the game IMHO is the "Ring of Boundless Energy", which can only be obtained by killing hydra. (Each legendary creature have three dedicated items from what I've seen, so you may not be able get it even after slaying many hydras)

It seems I'm able to retrieve my level 400+ characters afterall, I'll try to post screenshots of some really powerful items once the armorgames server return normal

This is actually wrong, the part about the ring being only obtained from the Hydra. Earlier today, I was playing and got up to about level 11 or so. There, I fought the Minotaur and he dropped he the ring.
RainingHell
RainingHell
61 posts
Nomad

Adding something I noticed. On the 18th level, not even beating a legendary boss, I got another Ring of Boundless Energy from a regular boss group.

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,026 posts
Nomad

My party is a speedy one: Rogue/Ranger/Mage/Cleric. The most essential skills for eash include the Rogue's Sneak Attack, the Ranger's Pin, the Mage's Freeze, and the Cleric's Heal/Heal All/Revive.

You have no tank! You need someone to soak up damage!
Take a warrior with shield wall...
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

If you want. I've played with both a tank party (warrior) and a speed party (rogue), and to be honest I like a speedy party better. The warrior needs to be outfitted with a good amount of stun resistance so that he doesn't get stunned before he can pop his shield wall (with all that heavy armor, he'll definitely be one of the last ones).

Speed warrior is also surprisingly effective because of Overwhelm, which does a whopping three hits without accuracy deduction, provided the warrior is faster. A build like that actually makes spears viable.

Showing 16-30 of 61