ForumsGame WalkthroughsQuestions for Monsters' den (Book of dread also) ANSWERED!

61 65757
lucias_o
lucias_o
64 posts
Nomad

I will answer your questions and hand out free party tips to whoever asks.

I am happy for anyone who knows anything I don't (Or stuff I do) to help out.

• 61 Replies
kiraice
kiraice
57 posts
Nomad

Yes you can make 100% bind. But can you make over 100%?

Dude, this is a too easy task for anyone.

Luminescent Staff of the Enlightened Magus +35
Shroud of Darkness,+25
Enlightening Hood,+? (I don't find data says # and I forget how many.)
Thief's Gloves,+20
Robe of Affliction, +20
Quicksilver Boots, +20

This seems already over 100 blind.

As I have tested the cleric using a blinding skill (holy light), does not stack with his own items.

I don't know if it is real. But I do know that if you attack more than one target or more than one hit per attack, those blind/lethal/stun/accuracy bonus are divided by how many times you attack. And that seems only count ONCE. It means if a skill attack 6 times to 1 target, even you have 100% blind will be only 100/6 = 16 or 17 blind, and that doesn't stack because it only counts once per target. So you can try any single hit and single target skill instead of something hit multiple targets.

Well maybe you didn't read my guide before, now I have level 450+ standard hardcore attrition characters rating 1.6 million.

For me, this is kind of things that anyone with patience can do. If you did all of those things why don't you know it is possible to not use a tank and that will be more efficient? I once were crazy to check all of the possible options and that was more interesting than yours. I lost my patience after I killed the boss.

Check this out. -extreme -hardcore -tactical -attrition

And if you doubt why a person like me with not so much patience can get to level 231 in standard mode as above video shows, you can try my mage team rush.

OR, just in case, you still have doubts in that I boast about surviving mode, you can also try this out.

You are right on that Gorgon can use a spell that hits everyone, but it cost mana, as such it does not do that all the time.

That is not the most annoying attack you can get. She spreads poison, and it is deadly. Maybe you have a cleric or ranger so you don't feel it, but for any other team without them it means poison death. I am 100% positive you don't stack poison resist to 100% for every team member, because that means you have to give up more useful attributes. (Well, actually there is another way, potions.)

Minotaur is in fact very simple to kill with a good tank. Equip your whole party with instant retreat item on each, if the formation screwed up you can do a full retreat and try again

Not really, that is only if you don't use legendary lure (bought in shop). If you use lure and fight legendary monster every levels, you won't retreat and waste your lure.

Hydra is nearly unbeatable without mage.

Really? Actually you can try worriers with bow/crossbow. Leadership helps a lot. I remember I planed to melee hydra once and it works. But suddenly I found using ranged weapon is much easier.
nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

You can add all the binding options, but the max is 100%. That cannot stop the bosses because they have more then 100% acc. There is also impossible to make full stun because the max stun is 100% and bosses has stun resistance.

With tactical on, there is no chance for a team to clean all levels, it is not possible as you cannot battle high level legendary without mana recovery during battle, the damage is just too high, even for warriors with full leech, they will lose heath and die.

Extreme is also not possible, you will hit a brick wall very fast and have to leave something alone. My goal is strictly killing everything on every level, start from level 1.

That's why I picked standard hardcore attrition.

I can show you how anti-race equip can clean boss groups in one turn, in fact I speed my way down there:

Get high speed on your cleric and buff: (notice everyone in my party has 65 speed or higher)
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2163/mdbod456ar1.jpg

And then rain death (weapon MK II for the +30 acc, with Magic Quiver Undead Hunter +enhancement which is the source of the 200% anti-race damage. Only two members used their turn and the enemy is more then half dead):
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2687/mdbod456ar2.jpg

kiraice
kiraice
57 posts
Nomad

You can add all the binding options, but the max is 100%. That cannot stop the bosses because they have more then 100% acc.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/exkillerd/Blind137.jpg

Then what is this 137 about? That's enough. LOL

With tactical on, there is no chance for a team to clean all levels, it is not possible as you cannot battle high level legendary without mana recovery during battle, the damage is just too high, even for warriors with full leech, they will lose heath and die.

I said, four warriors with bow/crossbow. Before you went into the battle, also be sured you have those potions.

Snake’s Blood Potion
100% poison resist for next battle.

Elixir of Protection
+20% damage resist and +50% stun resist for next battle

Elixir of Speed
+20 Quickness for next battle

To be god-like-cheat-like character isn't that hard in just one battle if you drink all of those three potions before you enter encounter.

Extreme is also not possible, you will hit a brick wall very fast and have to leave something alone. My goal is strictly killing everything on every level, start from level 1.

Come one, it's your style, not mine, and I do play harder setting than you, don't I? You can't find anything else beyond -extreme -hardcore -tactical -attrition, I am 100% sure it is the most difficult setting this game offered. If you are interested in it, just try it instead of saying it is impossible. I think it will be "Fun" for you.

I can show you how anti-race equip can clean boss groups in one turn, in fact I speed my way down there

Dude, I am totally not interested in your pictures. I am used to rush levels, go to next level asap, and that results this game is even more difficult than you solo the whole levels. Think about fewer item support, and what is that means. Try it you'll see my point.

Before certain levels I remember I still stick with something like yours, solo the entire levels because it is easier for me to get all items I want, even upgraded version of the same item. And strangely enough I grow tired very soon, then I decide to rush every levels. And after more than 100 levels rush I am still unstoppable and finally I feel quite bored and quit trying.

I am looking forward to god fall, monster's den 3.
nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

No that is not enough. Show me a legendary monster that is under effect of "Blind 100" or higher to make me a believer.
I can run through 100 levels to gather the required items to show more then blind 100 but what is the point?

If I have to run from any battle, I'd say the party is not enough good. Also the scoring system promotes cleaning everything. The area total and mob kill total is multiplied together, such that if you miss one group at level 1 it have the same effect as of missing one group at level 300. You score better by killing everything it is that simple.

My point still stands, if you don't have a proper tank, you will not be able to defeat legendary mobs deeper in the dungeon because they will one hit you.

I know somebody went to level 1000 in standard (not HC), and that was done by a proper party including a warrior.

Going deeper into dungeon is nothing special. As long as you have instant retreat and higher then 65 speed you can go deeper indefinately.

kiraice
kiraice
57 posts
Nomad

No that is not enough. Show me a legendary monster that is under effect of "Blind 100" or higher to make me a believer.
I can run through 100 levels to gather the required items to show more then blind 100 but what is the point?

1. You'll set mob's accuracy to the lowest limit.
2. Which means more efficient than using a tank.
3. You can choose to not believe it. Is that matter?

If I have to run from any battle, I'd say the party is not enough good.

well... this is what you said...

Minotaur is in fact very simple to kill with a good tank. Equip your whole party with instant retreat item on each, if the formation screwed up you can do a full retreat and try again

Then, I think I am still on the right side.

And about the levels, I don't want to repeat myself:
For me, this is kind of things that anyone with patience can do.
kiraice
kiraice
57 posts
Nomad

I don't solo the whole levels isn't that I can't do it, in fact this is what I choose to not do it. You can easily see the difference.

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

It is the same, you will be one hitted by level 200+ legendary monster. As long as you don't have a tank your party is toasted, this fact won't change.

Well, even after going 100~200 levels I cannot find much items I need (as there is no shop in attrition but I consider shopping a waste of time to get score quickly, since you can just go downward). My party have most gear used for 50 levels or more. Some are over 200 levels without a better replacement. Specific items are extremely hard to find, especially +acc gloves (which is a must-have for rangers) with good secondary option.

The character with the highest damage is the ranger, THE Glasscannon. It is not as easy as mages to spam that AoE. Get 145% acc (quiver +15, gloves +15 and bow/crossbow +15, bone ring +5) and talk about it. It is also the only class that can fulfill all anti-race full screen attack since mage cannot equip medium armor.

And the HP of the monsters is slowly outpacing the damage of my party. Level 300~400 is indeed much harder then level 100~200. I have to min-max everything and resort to anti-race to keep up the fast pace. Because there is no anti-race against demon, the dreadfather takes much more caution to beat now, where I used to blow it up without taking any damage. The easiest part in the game imo is level 50~250.

kiraice
kiraice
57 posts
Nomad

The hardest part is in surviving mode. End of the story.

You don't need to play it like 400 levels to prove its difficulty, since most people can pass in first time is only...40...I think. You fight those incoming waves with really limited resource, no god-like items, no level up means your level are 10 all the time, no retreat but only quit.

Neither good speed helps you one hit kill anything to avoid mob's attack, since faster you kill those mobs, faster you encounter next wave, and the slower mob goes first by this way.

After a certain levels while mobs have thousands HP and you still have only starting HP even it is not full. They have one hit kill damage on you while your damage resistance is over 80% (try wraith or dwarf crossbowman, they are more deadly than a legendary monster I have ever met), or you get debuffed and OMG that is a course only death of your character will give you salvation most likely.

And terrible mana drain, AoE attack, poison... more death traps than you can ever think.

You don't know what is IMBA mob yet. I am pretty sure about that. And it will be a really practical mode for you to practice how to use a tank. Because damage doesn't help you go any longer in survive mode. You can call those 50 to 250 levels are easy, in fact, even 1000 levels are things that "Anyone with patience can do".

kiraice
kiraice
57 posts
Nomad

As I said:

What's the matter in level 150+? I even played survive mode to wave 150+, could you do that? I know much more how to use a tank than you. :P

And I think there are people survived more waves than I do.
Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Anyone have a good strat for monster's den book of dread? I can only get to level 3 and die. I have very good armor for my tank, but it still barely does anything against the humans. I'm playing on extreme + hardcore.

troopdude
troopdude
254 posts
Nomad

this isn't a question, but i thought that this game was REALLY hard in my opinion. i couldn't even beat some monsters in the first part. isn't that sad? =(

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

On a side note, cleric mage ranger ranger can also survive level 200+, all it takes is crazy amount of patience.

With cleric you can buff the entire party before next wave come, and as long as that member don't attack he can keep the buff. The trick is keep the cleric to have highest speed and always make him do the final hit that eliminate the opposing party, so you always keep 3 full screen attack at 175% each for next wave before the enemy can do anything. Also instant kill and poison abilities will only do you harm so avoid using them on this setup. Although 140% acc on ranger (due to lack of Bone Ring) does not always hit the chance to miss is extremely low, and that miss appearing actually simplify the battle, else you have to hold back your fire to make sure not everybody killed, that would leave you vulnerable to next wave. Keep an enemy alive can allow your party to regenerate the required energy and buff all before next wave.

You need a tank class for survival mode? I say no. Cleric alone is fair enough.

Anyone have a good strat for monster's den book of dread? I can only get to level 3 and die. I have very good armor for my tank, but it still barely does anything against the humans. I'm playing on extreme + hardcore.

That is what I don't like about the extreme difficulty, because it is just not possible to kill everything, until you got all the anti-race setup. As said before with instant retreat gear you can go indefinately deeper. Use that to gather full setup and enough anti-race equipment (probably require 300~400 levels or more) and socket them with Enhancement orb, that come up with 200% anti-race damage item. Ranger is highly recommended since this is the only class that can do full screen anti-all-race, as said with buff you can do 3.5 times normal damage in one wave of arrows that can decimate most enemies even on extreme.
nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

Anybody who have level 300+ characters at least standard that cleaned all levels without cleric or warrior?

VolpeDesertici
VolpeDesertici
1 posts
Peasant

i have a question, eterniel.
What does the altar that says ¨mundane becomes extraordinary¨ does?

G_SuS
G_SuS
11 posts
Blacksmith

as far as i rember it use to enhance a random item in ur backpack to epic or somewhat like that but its a bit time since i last played book of dread. should be the same in chronicles though i havent got this one yet...only party buffs and exp till now

Showing 46-60 of 61