ForumsGame WalkthroughsQuestions for Monsters' den (Book of dread also) ANSWERED!

61 65756
lucias_o
lucias_o
64 posts
Nomad

I will answer your questions and hand out free party tips to whoever asks.

I am happy for anyone who knows anything I don't (Or stuff I do) to help out.

• 61 Replies
WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,026 posts
Nomad

His speed was a good 0.
But his armor was about 80.
Paired with a rogue, a mage and a cleric.
Fast and incapacitating, AOE and prison, healing tank.

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

Just look at the speed and defense of my cleric in page 2. If you think high def, stun immune, poison immune and superspeed is incompatible you are simply mistaken.

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,026 posts
Nomad

Just look at the speed and defense of my cleric in page 2. If you think high def, stun immune, poison immune and superspeed is incompatible you are simply mistaken.

Level 420.
I don't have to say anything else.
Amitkevincloskey
Amitkevincloskey
265 posts
Nomad

How and where can I find caves?

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Caves? Well, you are in a dungeon the whole time...

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

Level have nothing to do with speed and resistance though. And higher level needs higher defense to get the same damage reduction.

Though by the time you can gather enough of the required items to make such a combo you should be about level 150 already, this is only because useful items are hard to find. You may as well go through 50 levels without finding any "runed cloak of speed".

kiraice
kiraice
57 posts
Nomad

You have no tank! You need someone to soak up damage!
Take a warrior with shield wall...

4 rogue for the win? all hide in first turn to become invincible and kill more than half opponents in second turn, hide again and kill the rest.

4 mages for the win? Storm them 4 times wipe out most enemies before they can move.

You don't need tanks I think.
nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

I don't think you can kill gorgon/hydra/minotaur etc without a good tank. Maybe 4 mages can kill a hydra but thats it.

At deeper levels, the legendary monsters has insane amount of HP. Hydra has HP recovery in the millions such that it is impossible kill it without poison.

kiraice
kiraice
57 posts
Nomad

I don't think you can kill gorgon/hydra/minotaur etc without a good tank. Maybe 4 mages can kill a hydra but thats it.

With highest reducing accuracy equipments all together on one of your character, you can reduce a single target to very low hit% like it never hits.

You still don't need any tanks. :P

At deeper levels, the legendary monsters has insane amount of HP. Hydra has HP recovery in the millions such that it is impossible kill it without poison.

The same method works just fine. Just don't try to kill those 2 heads in front or you'll know what is real pain.
nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

I don't know you but you ever tried against legendary monster at level 150+?

They have at least 130% acc, that is quite impossible to make create high miss (decrease acc option does not stack well). The minotaur and gorgon can kill anything without heavy armor in one hit. Only those in heavy armor or Mage with arcane shield can survive one.

I don't think you can stack over 100% blind on one character and even if you can, the bosses still have chance to hit. It is very obvious that without a tank you are toasted.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

blinding does not stack, just like speed doesn't or buffs to defense and damange. (a buff and a debuff will stack for some odd reason) poison stacks how ever.

kiraice
kiraice
57 posts
Nomad

I said the way. Blind does stack on a-single-one-1 attack from a character. You won't put this effect in different teammate but in only one in the team. I also remember there is a lowest accuracy limit you can always reach without problem.

What's the matter in level 150+? I even played survive mode to wave 150+, could you do that? I know much more how to use a tank than you. :P

Beside, Minotaur turn out your formation into random combination. Gorgon can hit all your team. So using a tank in usual solo is not practical I think.

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

Yes you can make 100% bind. But can you make over 100%?

As I have tested the cleric using a blinding skill (holy light), does not stack with his own items. The best effect is only achieved with a normal attack, as such I don't think you can make a boss miss all. Yes you can bully the mooks but thats it, because bosses have much higher then 100% acc.

Well maybe you didn't read my guide before, now I have level 450+ standard hardcore attrition characters rating 1.6 million, obviously cleaning all floors including all the legendary monsters. The power levels of the deeper legendary monsters are explonential, I've even posted a guideline of how to defeat them all.

You are right on that Gorgon can use a spell that hits everyone, but it cost mana, as such it does not do that all the time. His direct attack has much higher damage. Even my cleric who tank alone in the front, with over 50% damage reduction and high vitality can only survive one hit. I have to retreat my rangers early because it is impossible to save them unless I used protection potion (which I don't), leaving only the mage with arcane shield to do the damage. I'm sure that without warrior or cleric this monster at deeper dungeon is unbeatable, as his direct attack will kill everything else.

Minotaur is in fact very simple to kill with a good tank. Equip your whole party with instant retreat item on each, if the formation screwed up you can do a full retreat and try again, as it only use that spell at the beginning of a battle. Like the gorgon it will one hit anything that doesn't have heavy armor. At level 400+, mage with arcane armor does not survive.

Hydra is nearly unbeatable without mage. With mage it is a piece of cake. Get 100% or higher acc on the mage and drain its mana dry, then it is harmless. So yes, it is beatable without a tank (I've already mentioned that on the previous page). Though, its vitality and HP regeneration is so absurd that it still take hundreds of turns for my two rangers shooting enough poison to kill it.

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,026 posts
Nomad

For the hydra I found the barbarian is the key.
Allyou have to do is put him in center forward row and CHARGE!
The main body of the hydra can't whitstand such a treatment.

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

Well maybe next time I should post the HP and health regen of a level 400+ hydra such that you will know how futile that is. It has serveral million HP recovery per turn while the max damage a barbarian can do at such level is about 35k. My ranger with special anti-race weapon (Huntsman +enhancement, 200% damage to creature) buffed by cleric(175%) can make about 200k damage with anti-race shot (another 200% damage against creature, for a total of 7 times the normal damage, that can kill any creature boss in one shot). And that still won't stop it from healing its HP back.

Only after I have stacked more poison then its HP regen does its HP bar start to fall.

Showing 31-45 of 61