ForumsSupport ForumAG: You need more stuff going on.

64 8183
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well as my thread below has shown. AG has not a lack of people online, to the contrary: it has tons online and willing to do stuff! Its just AG has nothing going for it. Sure there are games which is the point but people like interaction faster then 30 seconds to post, or atleast something more fun! Just a few facts about the thread. It was up for barely 50 minutes before lock(sorry ash I said 10-20 on comment, what was I thinking) and it got 52 comments, and so far has 268 views, which is more then 1 of the stickies and almost surpasses the other. Tons of people were willing to post and talk because they had nothing to do and didn't want to deal with long loading flash games yet still persisted to be on AG. I am probably one of few that are on too much and just wait for decent topics outside of the tavern and such to talk about yet nothing happens. I know we can't have chat(that's been made clear) but hopefully this thread opened some eyes. Considering this thread in 1 hour had as many views as something that's been up for probably a week or two(P.S. thread just got deleted) should show you we don't have a lack of enthusiasm or people but a lack of interaction and.. just stuff! Even if the stickies were up for just one day. The thread would have beaten it per views ratio by 24 times. If it was up for a week than it got destroyed by a big ratio of 168 times, and it would have kept going up probably if not for being deleted! So if you have any ideas to refresh AG a little maybe posting here would be a good idea. There are some good ideas like the really short games, games to go or whatever but maybe something that brings AG together instead of splitting us apart doing nothing. Some of us crave to do things that interact not separate. Well hopefully this comes across to someone!

That's all I have to say,

Klaushouse

• 64 Replies
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

Well, what kind of update are we talking about here? I think rather we like it or not we need something fun, something ever user can participate in if they want, like an online game, not something thats takes of money but something that our coders can design, and is updated frequently to keep interest. If you want something smaller how about signatures(people can already post them manually, edits, and other forum features. In all honesty the last thing I'd say if this forum looks to plain, it just doesn't say "gaming forum" to me, gaming forums are usually black and have some type of banner. This looks more of the kind of forum on business site like newegg.com(no offense.) So yeah, a skin would really help IMO.
-Drognar

rhys1219
rhys1219
82 posts
Nomad

Loads of people are posting this site needs an update. What are they supposed to update you are not giving them any clue on what you want and so they have nothing to go on. So this thread isn't really working in future try and post what you think needs updating then it will be a more enjoybale experience as it will be what the users want.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Hahah...the Switch disaster... i remember that...

Yeah.... We definetly just need...SOMETHING... I know there is stuff like the GFX art battles, but not all people can participate in that because not all people are adept at making art and such... AG just doesn't feel like it used to a long long time ago...

rocketsrule
rocketsrule
236 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it does, but what things can go on?

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

I don't know. But I just noticed something...

If you look in the support and suggestions section, then look at the replies and views on the sticky topics, its not very much... until you look at the "User profile page update. All suggestions are welcome!"

Notice it has more replies and views that most stickies could ever hope to get. This PROVES Klaus's idea that people want change they want updates.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I'm not sulking or anything, but so many suggestions are placed and then they all get put down. AG needs something new.

Death_bringer
Death_bringer
580 posts
Nomad

Thay need chat back

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I am just waiting...waiting for something to happen...I have a small feeling that next month something big like the Switch disaster is going to happen....

That's an eery premonition...anyways, Chat wont be coming back, it's gone for good, after what happened there, it's no doubt. Heres an idea, though. If the AG game developers could introduce games that were multiplayer (not MMORPGS, just multiplayer) for people on AG, like you could take your Sonny group, and click on multiplayer, and fight with another guy on AG. Or maybe a Co-Op function to Last Stand, or Age Of War could pit two players against eachother. It would work great! Take alot of work and patience, but hey, if somethings gonna do any good, it won't be easy.
ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Yeah! Woohhooo! We will stand up for what we believe! =pppp

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Alright, I definitely just read three pages of people agreeing with a post without putting anything in the posts... There were a few, but really, not too much.

Anyway, what do you want? This isn't going to turn into MySpace, or YouTube, I think that this has been made clear. Do you want more ways to get points? We can come up with different competitions... there is the Graphics one, the Poetry one, and a lot of gaming ones, but if anyone suggests anything to us, we are always open to it, at least until there is a good reason against it. This is a gaming site first and foremost, though we have a great, active community. I think this is what makes AG different from a lot of sites, and also makes some of the people here antsy; that we do have control over the community, and we do censor things. We try to keep this a controlled environment in the face of places such as NewGrounds, where there is more chaos.

There are tons of Flash games here, there is an active community where you are encouraged to speak your mind on anything. Any random topic will probably be a forum for discussion here. The mods come from a wide variety of places and have a vast expanse of backgrounds, as do the members. You can make great friends here (I have made some, just in a few months here) but this isn't meant to be a site where you sit and wait for things to happen. We all have to make them happen, and there are more things in store for the site in the future. I know you are probably sick of hearing this, but the site is still new, and you are all experiencing it in it's awkward adolescent phase. We listen to all suggestions, and so many have been implemented recently. Keep the ideas flowing, but don't get bitter and upset because they're not coming fast enough, we're doing the best we can.

As always, you can come to me or any of the mods if you have any ideas that might rock the boat of AG and get things more exciting. I'm up for anything )

Oh, and sorry that was so long! ^.^

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

why dont we just make a 'i want to complain about AG forum' seeing as how that seems to be the bulk of what people want to do. why solve problems when you can bitch about them?

all of you who miss the chat and can't fathom waiting 30 seconds to respond to your friends question of "sup?" do realize that....
ON EACH PROFILE PAGE, THERE IS A SECTION FOR AIM names, MSN names, YAHOO MESSENGER names and console addresses.... instead of making feeble attempts at humor (or assuming AIM refers to your goals as an AG member) why not talk to your friends that way. it's instant, it doesnt even have language filters and they all have some form of a lovely little 'ding' so you'll know when your friend responds with 'nothin u?' when youre in the midst of a thing-thing 4 arena.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I really haven't read any good suggestions here. It is nice to be bringing up a concern, but it doesn't do much good when no one actually has something constructive to say. We can't fix a problem without any sort of solution.

You have to keep in mind that this is a gaming site. The forums, profiles, everything else is extra to make the site interactive and fun. But the main thing is that this site is all about games. This is why we don't post Flash videos on AG.

So I guess my main point here is, this is a games site. Please keep that in mind. And try to come up with something constructive to add to the topic, so we at least have something to consider changing. If there are no idea, we can't go anywhere with it.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

How about this..... an armorgames wiki. A creator, a large group of volunteers, a place where everybody's arts and videos, aomong other things, will be in one spot for easy viewing. A place where crazy people cant spam without it actually affecting anthing. An armorgames youtube account, where people can put youtube videos they like into one playlist. information, tourney updates, RSS feeds for different things... all in one spot. hows that for an idea?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Some nice constructive things in there, thanks for the addition dirk

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Right.... this brings me to another reason. Beautiful animations and works of art get lost within the bowels of useless topics and spam. If somebody had the guts to go through certain large topics, such as the GFX battles, all the awesome art made by our users would be concentrated into one area, and any thing any users would like to sya about it would be at the very bottom of the page, beneath everything else.

Showing 16-30 of 64