ForumsSupport ForumAG: You need more stuff going on.

64 8181
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well as my thread below has shown. AG has not a lack of people online, to the contrary: it has tons online and willing to do stuff! Its just AG has nothing going for it. Sure there are games which is the point but people like interaction faster then 30 seconds to post, or atleast something more fun! Just a few facts about the thread. It was up for barely 50 minutes before lock(sorry ash I said 10-20 on comment, what was I thinking) and it got 52 comments, and so far has 268 views, which is more then 1 of the stickies and almost surpasses the other. Tons of people were willing to post and talk because they had nothing to do and didn't want to deal with long loading flash games yet still persisted to be on AG. I am probably one of few that are on too much and just wait for decent topics outside of the tavern and such to talk about yet nothing happens. I know we can't have chat(that's been made clear) but hopefully this thread opened some eyes. Considering this thread in 1 hour had as many views as something that's been up for probably a week or two(P.S. thread just got deleted) should show you we don't have a lack of enthusiasm or people but a lack of interaction and.. just stuff! Even if the stickies were up for just one day. The thread would have beaten it per views ratio by 24 times. If it was up for a week than it got destroyed by a big ratio of 168 times, and it would have kept going up probably if not for being deleted! So if you have any ideas to refresh AG a little maybe posting here would be a good idea. There are some good ideas like the really short games, games to go or whatever but maybe something that brings AG together instead of splitting us apart doing nothing. Some of us crave to do things that interact not separate. Well hopefully this comes across to someone!

That's all I have to say,

Klaushouse

• 64 Replies
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Maybe a fan art of the month or something? People could get an award on their profile for winning something like that. And maybe a bit of AP.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

The problem with the idea I had, is it would take a lot of work. Therefore, it would take a lot of trustworthy volunteers... as well as a lot of digging, link creating, training, things like that. Itd be a long, tedious process, but id be willing to help with it if its accepted.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Well, y'know, nothing that's any good is gonna happen quick, if you ask me. I'd offer to help, but I have less than zero experience with this kind of stuff.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Well, Wetpaint is one of the simplest sites to use, Theres an easyedit button at the top and you put what you want on the page, and thats it. Theres also options like where only writers can edit things and stuff.

ikillnerds
ikillnerds
256 posts
Nomad

this is a game website...
keep it that way!!!
this is turning into like a myspace...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I'm still learning the basics on HTML coding.Maybe after I complete my computer programming class this following year(10th grade course)I could probably do something if its wanted, much less needed.As for right now the three best ideas I've heard on here so far are:
Dirks idea
AP competitions
And allowing people to have signatures.(this will end the Sig Strikers hopefully)
I know some of these would still take some time to do,especially since its still a small website,but actually I kinda hope this becomes like youtube or myspace eventually.It would be nice to be a part of something like that for once.Anyways I wouldn't doubt it if they are all ready planning on adding sigs but haven't gotten to it yet, so I will just wait for it happen.Wait that was kind of the point of this topic wasn't it?oh well

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Making a wiki takes no html coding at all. I dont even know what html coding is, and im a master at making these websites.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

@Ikillnerds,
I don't think its going to end up becoming exactly like myspace functionally, but when I said that myself I meant popularity wise.I don't think it will turn into myspace,or face book.I already like this site more than any of those anyways.Also I don't think it will become another youtube, since we have enough of those.(AKA, dailymotion,veoh,metacafe,myspace,Google)

@dirkpitt, last time I checked html code is the essence of all web sites.Some things you can learn while learning html coding is how to code hexadecimal, and JavaScript.If you know a easier way to make a website, without learning it then I would love to hear it, and I'm not being sarcastic either.Also I don't mean making one off of some free website thing.I mean from scratch.Just as a note.OK then that's all I have to say for now.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

I dont plan on making it from scratch. :P

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Than that is why you don't know what html is.I plan on learning how to do so after the years end though.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Good to know. But with a wiki that takes no knowledge of html coding whatsoever, More members, mods like ash and dev, can help work on it and it would go by much faster. dont you agree?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I don't use wiki.It reminds me of Wikipedia, every time I hear of it though, and I just assume that's what people are talking about.Could you explain to me what wiki is real quick.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Ir is basically wikipedia. www.wetpaint.com, its a wiki creating website designed for people who dont know html and stuff. Its rather fun to use, and you can embed youtube, and other things into, like arcade games.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I was hoping for more ideas to flow. I don't want people to agree with me, I get a lot of "yeah great idea, man you're totally right rock on" yet say nothing else. That isn't why I do this. I have made my share of suggestions, heck I try and put one up a day and they tend to be liked a lot. I have yet to see any of them go through but I am not one to judge. I made this cause I want others ideas too. Not just agreeing with me blindly. If anything I'd rather have someone disagree for good reasons than just blindly agreeing cause it makes you look better in my eyes, which it doesn't. I am aware this is a gaming site but we are all craving for some more. I am trying to work on a few things like maybe an unofficial chat for AG on my site but come on guys I am busting my ass to try and think of things to keep AG moving but I need help for the rest of the community! If you have an idea say it, don't just agree and hope that I start to like you! Come on!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

does this program allow you to create an original website name?If so then it would be the first one that I could use.When I say that,I mean that it would be possible to go to the website using an original url(aka,www.myspace.com, instead of www.freewebs.com/myspace)if so then it would be perfect for some other things I want done as of right now.Other than that I think it would be possible.Still it would be nice to already know how to code html, since I'm going into a tech field as a career anyways....OK then as for this idea of yours.I would be more than willing to help out in anyway I can OK.

Showing 31-45 of 64