ForumsSupport ForumNew way to contact people PEASE READ

40 5482
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

After looking on the site, i only see two ways to communicate; by forums and profiles. As said before, forums aren't that good because you cant have a conversation with some particular people about anyhting. Profiles, you can, but it can be annoying when you need help from a Mod or Admin, and they don't check there profile. I thought of an idea where you got to their profile, click on a link which will open a box and you send them a private message which will pop straight up on their screen, if they are online.
This may be good if you want to talk to someone - urgent or not.
of course you could disable it, like the other comment feature, if you don't want people to contact you.

What do you think?

• 40 Replies
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Also, I'll let everyone else decide whether or not you should get AP from it.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Klaushouse made an unofficial AG chatroom. Ask him for the link to it.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I don't think you should get AP for it,but PMing has been something that I've wanted on the website for awhile,because I can't send private information such as passwords to other people without it being accessible to others.The way I see it though, popping up on your screen would be bad, if your playing a game.So they would need to create a system for it if they were to create such a system.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Well i was wondering if this could be an official service. And it's not really a chatroom because only two people can talk together.

This may reduce spam and help those who need help.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

What are you talking about Kevin?Either way un-official isn't enough it,because this would be used to contact mods, and admins.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

i see what you mean crimsonblade55, maybe a small icon should appear at he top of the screen, and the message will only come up if you click on it.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

What are you talking about Kevin?

[url=http://unhappyface.net/blab_lite/blab.php]

Earlier today there were a ton of people on, now there is no one. And yea, unofficial isn't enough but it's all we've got.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

yeah I thought about something like this.Also we have also created a chat room in our wiki.Right now its being used by the people trying to build the website though.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

And yea, unofficial isn't enough but it's all we've got.

Well please help me out with this one then we can talk to eachother on AG. I have already suggested a chatroom here, but that is prone to disaster.
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Also all the mods and admins can see everyone's inbox, sent messages, deleted folder etc... so they can punish those that are abusing the PM system. Also I do not think there should be a pop-up as soon as the someone PMed you, but I think it should say under your name in the top right corner of AG website that: "You have xx unread messages" where x = no of unread messages.

Thanks a lot mrtim, I think these ideas would be great to go towards making this.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yes, but if they are offline you might as well use the profile because they won't answer back. For this you have to both be online, too. Good idea, though.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Flag
Yes, but if they are offline you might as well use the profile because they won't answer back. For this you have to both be online, too. Good idea, though.

Precisely, you could use the profile comments as a next resort if they weren't online
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

if we make this idea, do you think we should open it to everybody, or just Mods and Admins, because they're the ones who help us the most.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Definitely everybody, or the idea wouldn't be that great.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

You need to read this, especially the bottom.

I would love to have PM messaging but this has been discussed before. No, you should not get AP from it. We have enough ways to get AP.

Showing 1-15 of 40