ForumsSupport ForumRequirements

56 8415
mr_munsterrr
mr_munsterrr
13 posts
Nomad

Ok, I know that im a newb but in the 2 days of being a member, I have noticed that people in the top 10 and 100 dont have very much variety in their points.

Most of the people in the top 10 have about 100-200 forum posts and maybe 5 merits. But then they have an astounding 4000+ comments.

So I had an idea that to be in the top 100 you had to have at least 200 forum posts(as an example), 1 merit, 1000 comments, 100 games rated. And then do the same thing to get into the top 10 but only higher standerds.

• 56 Replies
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

No, this wont work, but its a cool idea. Anyone with enough points to be in the top 10 shouldn't be denied it. Some people make merits, or comment on peoples profiles, or go to the community. It just wouldnt be fair to them.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yea, good idea, but any one with enough points to be that high ranked shouldn't be denied entry. Like florglee said, people do different things to get in the top ten, like comment on profiles or get merits.

mr_munsterrr
mr_munsterrr
13 posts
Nomad

I get what you guys mean. But how would you like it if someone had
10 games rated
8000 comments
100 forum posts
0 merits
And was in the top 10.

While you actually had things to help you get there.
I mean, who knows how many of those comments are valid. I guess my point is that its actually not fair to the people who have other things besides comments to be in the top 10 and 100.

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

well ss has 35 merits and a lot of games rated don't ya think that that is enough for that

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

this is kinda stupid cause not giving a person the rank they earned isn't right

mr_munsterrr
mr_munsterrr
13 posts
Nomad

I think that what StarScreamer has is perfect. But some of the other people coming up in the ranks.

Kingofgames-6 merits and only 363 forum posts.
Firetail_Madness-3 merits and 932 forum posts. So more than King but not as many games rated
Skipper-5 merits and only 344 forum posts

NOOBkiller-3 merits and only 150 forum posts
me44-0 merits 75 forum posts

Now compare those people who dont have naymore than 10 merits to the people in the top 10 who actually do have more than 10 merits, more than 20, more than 30.
I think that the people who actually worked to get into the top 10 by other things besides comments and rating games should be there instead of these people who dont have anything besides games rated and comments which are most all spam ones.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

I don't like this idea. As long has you earned the points fairly, you should be able to be in the Top 10, or 25.

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

It doesnt matter because if that is how they get there points then let it be that way. I have tried multiple times to get a merit and failed miserably so im kinda not worried about them anymore...=(

mr_munsterrr
mr_munsterrr
13 posts
Nomad

Well I just think that people who work harder to get farther should be in a higher rank than someone who comments all the time.

TomasLacerda
TomasLacerda
28 posts
Nomad

There is no need for the existence of requirements to be in the ranking.
The points are already set, to have more rules on that, would be unnecessary.

If you care that much for AP, work your way up the ranking, as the top players did.

cheers.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, in this case I really should try to get some more merits...

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

As much as I think this isnt a good idea, it actually is. Just think about what mr_munsterrr is really trying to say in his comments.

How would you like it if you were ranked #10 and had 850 games rated, 2000 comments, 1000 forum posts, and 60 merits. Someone passes you and they have 200 games rated, 4000 comments, 100 forum posts, and 8 merits.

Im pretty sure that you wouldnt be too happy that someone passed you unfairly by comments. So how would you like it that they had to have at least a certain amount of things so that that cant happen. It would be the best for the people who dont SPAM and actually try opposing those who do SPAM and get into higher ranks.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

O_o I have 1800 posts and 51 merits and less then 400 comments and your saying I don't deserve to be in top ten this shall certainly not work!

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yea, good point StarScreamer, but a key to getting points is having a lot of all those things. You won't get very high ranked unless you do everything.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Those in the Top 10 are monitored pretty closely for spam. So yes, they are very chatty, but not technically spamming. And if you want to take people out for having more comments out of everything else, SS would have to go too, he has 7000+ comments, making up the bulk of his points.

The fact is, yes, most people get in the top 10 through comments. But we try to make sure that they do not get there from spamming. Sure, they might talk to people a lot, but that is just their way of interacting with the site. How they got their depends on their reputation on what they contributed to the community. If they have a lot of long and helpful posts, and get a lot of merits, their achievement of being in the top 10 is obviously going to be looked upon higher. If someone did it through all commenting, and only has a few merits, they will be looked at differently as well.

Showing 1-15 of 56