ForumsSupport ForumRequirements

56 8422
mr_munsterrr
mr_munsterrr
13 posts
Nomad

Ok, I know that im a newb but in the 2 days of being a member, I have noticed that people in the top 10 and 100 dont have very much variety in their points.

Most of the people in the top 10 have about 100-200 forum posts and maybe 5 merits. But then they have an astounding 4000+ comments.

So I had an idea that to be in the top 100 you had to have at least 200 forum posts(as an example), 1 merit, 1000 comments, 100 games rated. And then do the same thing to get into the top 10 but only higher standerds.

• 56 Replies
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Oh right I didn't see that post but SS does deserve to be there because he has 600+ forum posts and 35 merits!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

O_o I have 1800 posts and 51 merits and less then 400 comments and your saying I don't deserve to be in top ten this shall certainly not work!

No one said you should not be there, you were not one of the members mentioned ;-)
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Umm okay sorry but I thought you meant everyone in the top 10 sorry I didn't see the post!

mr_munsterrr
mr_munsterrr
13 posts
Nomad

crazynaitor, shut up. Your trying to sound sorry for yourself. There was not 1 person who mentioned anything that you shouldnt be in the top 10.

mr_munsterrr
mr_munsterrr
13 posts
Nomad

Its ok. I forgive you lol

But Im talking about the people with 3-6 merits who are in or getting into the top 10. And who dont have many forum posts and all comments.

Example-me44, noobkiller

(sry to point fingers)

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Oh right I didn't see that post but SS does deserve to be there because he has 600+ forum posts and 35 merits!

I am certainly not saying he doesn't. I was just saying that by these standards, since he is so skewed towards commenting, that he wouldn't. Only be these standards, which I do not agree with.

crazynaitor, shut up. Your trying to sound sorry for yourself. There was not 1 person who mentioned anything that you shouldnt be in the top 10.

Please, be nice

Umm okay sorry but I thought you meant everyone in the top 10 sorry I didn't see the post!

Make sure to read through it before posting next time. Thanks
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

But Im talking about the people with 3-6 merits who are in or getting into the top 10. And who dont have many forum posts and all comments.

Yes, but it doesn't necessarily mean they spam/spammed, Maybe they just quit getting Merits, something like that :P But The other side of my head agrees with you, They should have at least 10 or 12. Or like me, 20
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

From what I understood, I thought you were talking about users who did not have a good balance between their points, i.e. they are skewed towards one area of earning points.
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Yea I don't care about points people like me are here for fun some people are just so addicted in getting AP here!

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Just because it is not spam does not mean they deserve the points, but what can you do? ArmorPoints are suposed to show how active users are, not pute a rating on them. It has been turned into a game. I just ignore the points, the points are a lie. = )

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Some people just spam to get to the top 10 or 5, they want to be cool.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Just because it is not spam does not mean they deserve the points, but what can you do? ArmorPoints are suposed to show how active users are, not pute a rating on them.

Exactly. The way they achieved their points reflects the type of user they are on the site. Just because they have more points, does not make someone better that another user who has less point, but more forum posts and merits.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Exactly. The way they achieved their points reflects the type of user they are on the site. Just because they have more points, does not make someone better that another user who has less point, but more forum posts and merits.

Correct Carlie, If they just started who cares, he might be the next person who achieves a high ranking, and who knows, even the most merits.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

As you see many people talk to people for points. There are 4 places you can comment so theres a good chance.

If you see somebody in the top 100 in which their forum posts are higher than comments are definitely equal, but there shouldn't be a rule to it.

Its like saying you have to be 5 foot three, 13 years old, 130 pounds to join armorgames. That is not fair.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

@plokkey Well, you do have to be 13 years old to join AG, but lots of people don't follow that rule.

I know that. Its technically not a rule, its required.
Showing 16-30 of 56