ForumsThe Tavern[necro] Is SpongeBob Gay?

215 37673
MasterChef117
MasterChef117
609 posts
Nomad

There it is the big question. I mean the only females he's close to is Mrs. Puff and Sandy. And he would rather get a little to friendly with Patrick and Squidward.

• 215 Replies
Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

he is a great retard i do not like spongebob

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

What I really hate is that they gave fuel to this type of conversation because in the episode where they had a roving submarine restaurant, SpongeBob says, "Bye, Squidward. Bye, Mr. Krabs. Bye, Squidward." and when Patrick asks why SpongeBob said bye to Squidward twice, SpongeBob says in a creepy voice, "I LIKE Squidward."

zanderthaw
zanderthaw
418 posts
Nomad

lol hes weird but not GAY!

bigbrain
bigbrain
1,594 posts
Nomad

I agree with shanester.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I've watched Spongebob for years now... I know the creators of the show also included sexual references in their previous show, Rocco's Modern Life, but obviously kids wouldn't understand them

As for Spongebob, people say there's hidden sexual references and junk, but c'mon. It's a cartoon show for Christ's sake.

Snizz19
Snizz19
377 posts
Nomad

He's not gay but there is a darker under meaning.....

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

He was straight before...

But he's naked/in underwear with patrick way to much in these episodes.

And on the point if lame new episodes, I've definitely noticed a decline in the quality of their humor. They've become completely indecent...people ripping off their skin, having their brain fall out, and getting hurt in ridiculously gory ways are being drawn waaaaaaaaay too realistically, now.

Before, on that show, underneath the skin was red and a bunch of lines. Now, it's muscles and crtiledge and other things that'll traumatize little kids.

So, back on topic, if he isn't gay now, he certainly acts like it.

CowInAPie
CowInAPie
83 posts
Nomad

Controversy

The creators of SpongeBob have been verbally attacked by some evangelical groups in the US because they see the character SpongeBob being used as an advocate for homosexuality.[7] In 2005, James Dobson of Focus on the Family accused the makers of a video in which SpongeBob appears as promoting homosexuality due to allowing a pro-homosexual group to sponsor the video meant to promote diversity and tolerance.[8] Creator of the character, Stephen Hillenburg, has denied that SpongeBob is gay and has said that he is in fact asexual.[9]

Dobson later asserted that his comments were taken out of context and that his original complaints were not with SpongeBob, the video, or any of the characters in the video but with the organization that sponsored the video, We Are Family Foundation. Dobson indicated that the We Are Family Foundation website posted pro-homosexual material on their website, but later removed it.[10] After the controversy, John H. Thomas, the United Church of Christ's general minister and president, said they would welcome SpongeBob into their ministry. He said, "Jesus didn't turn people away. Neither do we."[11] .

-Wikipedia

Reproduction

Sponges can reproduce sexually or asexually.

Asexual reproduction is through internal and external budding. External budding occurs when the parent sponge grows a bud on the outside of its body. This will either break away or stay connected. Internal budding occurs when archaeocytes collect in the mesohyl and become surrounded by spongin. The internal bud is called a gemmule, and this is seen only in the freshwater sponge family, the Spongillidae. An asexually reproduced sponge has exactly the same genetic material as the parent.

In sexual reproduction, sperm are dispersed by water currents and enter neighboring sponges. All sponges of a particular species release their sperm at approximately the same time.[citation needed] Fertilization occurs internally, in the mesohyl. Fertilized oocytes develop within the mesohyl. Cleavage stages are highly varied within and between groups, sometimes even within a single species. Larval development usually involves an odd type of morphogenetic movement termed an inversion of layers. When this occurs in some species (for example, in Sycon coactum ), the larva flips into the choanocyte chamber, and then can emerge via the water canal system and out through the osculum.

Although sponges are hermaphroditic (both male and female), they are not self-fertile. Most sponges are sequential hermaphrodites, capable of producing eggs or sperm, but not both at the same time.

-Wikipedia

Spongebob Is technically neither male nor female but both - so stop saying he is homosexual and get with the fact he is a caring anthropomorphic sea sponge.
felix60
felix60
223 posts
Shepherd

spongebob is autosexual. hes not hetero and hes bisexual and hes not gay. He like only himself.

Dont laugh, im really believing that.

rofl

MasterChef117
MasterChef117
609 posts
Nomad

Wow this thread I made is still goin?

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Yeah, the debate on Spongebobs sexual preferences still rages. I think he'd probably go for whatever he can get, and considering how freaky he is, that's probably his last option.

Wallexx
Wallexx
56 posts
Nomad

You'd be surprised, some of the episodes look like Spongebob is having some crazy sort of high, and tripping out really hard.

MasterChef117
MasterChef117
609 posts
Nomad

Forum threads are like children. You set um free on the world and see how the grow.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Nice random analogy, and Wallexx, I'm gonna have a look at that idea. So...maybe he gets high on like jellyfish jelly or something, and then he can't even tell what his preferences are or something.

ilovemoney249
ilovemoney249
813 posts
Nomad

Ok if u wanna know the guy aint gay! Ask the creator and say, "hello Mr.Creator of Spongebob! Is Spongebob gay? If so email me. Gotta go!"

Showing 61-75 of 215