The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe Tavern[old] Favorite Quotes

81 16043
MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Put some of your favorite quotes here then tell why it's your favorite

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift
-Steve Prefontaine This is one of my favorite quotes to think about before a big tournament or meet to remind myself that all i can do is give my best and if it isnt good enough to go back to practice and try harder
  • 81 Replies
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

I don't think anyone called this a revival before... It was always something like necrod (if I spelled it right) or maybe revived (not even sure on that one). And I was around longer then you, so I think I should know better.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I don't think anyone called this a revival before... It was always something like necrod (if I spelled it right) or maybe revived (not even sure on that one)

Revived is a past tense verb, while revival is a noun to signify that something was revived. Necro'd is the past tense verb, and necro signifies that something was necro'd, which is an improper revival.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

On Armor Games, bringing back an old thread properly is called a revival, so stop calling it a recycle!

Patrick, I know you're always being serious, but this is just sad. This is not just being serious, this is being a pedantic ******bag. It doesn't matter what word you use. Bumped, revived, recycled, refreshed, they can all be used in this situation, and they all make sense. And if they make sense, they're not invalid. What you're doing is backseat moderating, only ten times worse.

Buzzkill >_>

Anyways, let's get back on topic.

Here's a lovely quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

King of Swamp Castle: Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who.

Taken from IMDB
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

"If Abraham Lincoln were alive today, he would roll over in his grave."

- Gerald Ford

ninjaassasin1234
ninjaassasin1234
133 posts
Nomad

Don't be a man of success, but instead be a man of value.

I believe it was "Anyomous" something like that who wrote it...
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I would have considered it a revival, if it wasn't for the two buzzkills arguing.
Besides, this is not exactly the type of thread you would be able to revive, as you would have to make an exceptional post with new points, and since this has no discussion, that is pretty hard.

Just for the fun of it:
Revive: Bring a thread back to activity by making a good post with new points, that can bring discussion back.
Necro: Bring a thread back. Usually with a short stupid post too, but it does not have to be the case.
I don't know about recycles, but in this case I think it is somewhat fitting considering this was brought back instead of making a new thread.

As for my fave quote, before this is locked (I think the tag 'old' will do here since thaboss did a decent job, but this is really old and should go die):

It doesn't matter what word you use. Bumped, revived, recycled, refreshed, they can all be used in this situation, and they all make sense. And if they make sense, they're not invalid. What you're doing is backseat moderating, only ten times worse.
Showing 76-81 of 81